divorcing and soon to be ex wife wants me to pay 20k a month after kicking me out of our company.

bkkheat

I just want to know what are her chances at winning in court asking for 20k a month? Any similar stories?

Nil, court will award 3000bht/month.

(and they don't enforce payment)

and his child can eat grass i suppose.

I have an elderly Aunt, living in our old village, to whom I give 3,000bht a month to live on. (Yes, I'm sponsoring a Thai lady)

She is looked on by most of the village as wealthy, 3k is plenty to live on in rural Thailand, assuming accomodation already provided.

3,000 seems awful cheep, I along with 3 others, we gives my wife's parents 2,000 baht each total of 8,000 baht each month. They live fairly comfortable on that amount. Maybe in some more isolated locations you can live on less but if near Bangkok it could be much higher,Food costs in my home is around 10,000 baht a month and with hydro, water and internet it gets closer to 15,000 a month during the hot season and this doesn't include rent I don't like greedy ex-wives but if you want your daughter to have a decent life style, think about digging a little deeper. Remember I didn't include clothes, and other various items. Sit down with your wife, you know what kind of revenue is coming in from the business and come up with a logical amount say 30,000 for them to live on. Then you add onto the revenue that she will receive from the business to meet this amount.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an elderly Aunt, living in our old village, to whom I give 3,000bht a month to live on. (Yes, I'm sponsoring a Thai lady)

She is looked on by most of the village as wealthy, 3k is plenty to live on in rural Thailand, assuming accomodation already provided.

3,000 seems awful cheep, I along with 3 others, we gives my wife's parents 2,000 baht each total of 8,000 baht each month. They live fairly comfortable on that amount. Maybe in some more isolated locations you can live on less but if near Bangkok it could be much higher,Food costs in my home is around 10,000 baht a month and with hydro, water and internet it gets closer to 15,000 a month during the hot season and this doesn't include rent I don't like greedy ex-wives but if you want your daughter to have a decent life style, think about digging a little deeper. Remember I didn't include clothes, and other various items. Sit down with your wife, you know what kind of revenue is coming in from the business and come up with a logical amount say 30,000 for them to live on. Then you add onto the revenue that she will receive from the business to meet this amount.

A great example of the foolish foreigner in Thailand.

P.S. Village houses don't have internet or mains water, and electricity is under 400bht a month.

PP.S. How do you know what others give? You don't, you only know what you are told.

PPP.S. Income from business? she will tell him it is zero (bad month, no customers), making his logical contribution 30k.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Tell her you will keep your half of the company but you will allow her to have whatever it earns plus 3000baht. That should make her keep the company profitable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes im in a similar situation, 4y old daughter etc etc. I do support with Many times that amount you mention. But conditions are different, so you cant really compare.. It all depends.... Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you have no money to pay her then there's nothing she can take, court or not.

If your ex wife can afford to take care of your child on her own then don't pay anything until you're back on your feet.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't participate in anything she initiates.

No divorce, no custody, no giving away a business.
Just leave, then next year she will agree to whatever you want.

Her life will be on hold for up to 3 years, and during that time you have to pay, nothing.
Unless you are legally working in Thailand, Thai court can't make you pay anything at all, ever.

Well actually that isn't quite true.

With a Court Order from Thailand for Child Support your wife can go after you in just about any country in the world, including Europe, Australia, UK, and the Americas with free legal assistance. Do you remember some years ago when UK Billionaire Richard Branson was chased down by a Philippine Woman who had his son from a 1 Week Love Affair and asked for millions? Well. with all his money he could not avoid this, so for sure neither can you.

You can run for awhile but can't hide. It may catch up with you one day. When it does they can make you pay as well as all back payments from the day you left. In case you did not know this, not having a job is not a good excuse for not paying Child Support. They will calculate what they think is a fare amount and make you pay it, or keep a running tab until you come into some money like inheritance, old age pension, or get a job. All income tax returns and any government money owed to you will go to them in until the debt is paid in full. If you are working and refuse to pay your wages will be garnished and your employer will be forced to pay them for you. In some cases your Driver License will be revoked and you will not be able to get or renew your Passport.

So if your wife goes and screws around on you, and then decides she doesn't want to stay married to you anymore, this is what you can expect will happen to you if she keeps the kid and you don't pay. It is not fare but it is really like this! .

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Her life will be on hold for up to 3 years, and during that time you have to pay, nothing.

Unless you are legally working in Thailand, Thai court can't make you pay anything at all, ever.

With a Court Order from Thailand for Child Support your wife can go after you in just about any country in the world, including Europe, Australia, UK, and the Americas with free legal assistance. Do you remember some years ago when UK Billionaire Richard Branson was chased down by a Philippine Woman who had his son from a 1 Week Love Affair and asked for millions? Well. with all his money he could not avoid this, so for sure neither can you.

You can run for awhile but can't hide. It may catch up with you one day. When it does they can make you pay as well as all back payments from the day you left. In case you did not know this, not having a job is not a good excuse for not paying Child Support. They will calculate what they think is a fare amount and make you pay it, or keep a running tab until you come into some money like inheritance, old age pension, or get a job. All income tax returns and any government money owed to you will go to them in until the debt is paid in full. If you are working and refuse to pay your wages will be garnished and your employer will be forced to pay them for you. In some cases your Driver License will be revoked and you will not be able to get or renew your Passport.

So if your wife goes and screws around on you, and then decides she doesn't want to stay married to you anymore, this is what you can expect will happen to you if she keeps the kid and you don't pay. It is not fare but it is really like this! .

Yes, but Richard Branson was worth chasing after.

There is an old saying , YOU CANT GET S**T OUT A ROCKING HORSE

i would not get on the wrong side of Australian Child support. And all she needs is a court order from here.

Much betteryou either agree in writing for none in view of the company you have given her and register this when you divorce. You can still pay her more if you want...you cannot pay less. Australia will not renew your passport if she has a valid order and it is free for her to send it to them.

i would not get on the wrong side of Australian Child support. And all she needs is a court order from here.

Much betteryou either agree in writing for none in view of the company you have given her and register this when you divorce. You can still pay her more if you want...you cannot pay less. Australia will not renew your passport if she has a valid order and it is free for her to send it to them.

So dont tell her

So dont tell her

She will know better than he does. She talks to her Thai friends and even studied in Australia where they learn that sort of thing when they are at Uni.

Take the kid back to your home country and take care of everything yourself.

Don't give her a penny.

I don't think that would be so easy. Plus I would not want my daughter not knowing her mother and father, if I didn't have her, I wouldn't be here still.

Well then get ready for a world of pain and frustration

You are just at the beginning. If u think for a second the schools here will do a good job for 20k or 30k u are delusional.I have seen the pain a friend went through trying to manage this with his ex missus and it was frankly impossible.

If you can't afford bangkok level internationals school, 800k per year, then go home.

Really? 800K a year for a 4 year old?

Go home? If your a foreigner and can't afford 800K a year for education for a 4 year old we all should go home? lol Thanks for the laugh.

Not for a four year old. If I remember I was paying about 80k per year for a bilingual school. This increased for a 9 year old to eventually about 200k per year.

I didn't want to live in Bangkok, so came home. Harrow or IsB are pretty good schools. I am nor sure of the kindergarten fees but its not cheap.

But believe me, when you realise how amazingly poor the government or bilingual and many international schools actually are you will wonder what to do to get your child a proper education.

There was no way I was going to put my kids through the local govt school in the EP program with some teofelers trying to teach science to my kids.