divorcing and soon to be ex wife wants me to pay 20k a month after kicking me out of our company.

bkkheat

If she keeps being dumb and insists on the 20k tell her lets go to court. Do NOT let her rip you off. She knows she is asking for way too much.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by A1Str8

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know what are her chances at winning in court asking for 20k a month? Any similar stories?

Nil, court will award 3000bht/month.

(and they don't enforce payment)

and his child can eat grass i suppose.

Other Thai mothers here don't need 20k and a company to raise one child

When you in Rome, do like the Romans. The 20K is a month salary for a Thai employee with a Masters degree! Amounts like these you pay in western countries on child support, this is Thailand. Nobody pays anything and only a few true heroes pay amounts of 1000-5000 THB a month. And by the way 30.000 THB per semester is not a fee for some average local school. That is a fee for a good Thai private school.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I want to pay for the child, not her.

I just want to know what are her chances at winning in court asking for 20k a month? Any similar stories?

Nobody will win. And almost certainly your daughter will lose big time.

You did say that being with mommy is better for her.

So if you believe mom is a good mom. And not a gambling . Sleep around alcoholic.

Why shouldn't mom get some of the 20 K ?

Your arguing over 150K = about under 3 K GBP per year

If she keeps the company and she's a good mom try 15K and school fees. Seems right .

But remember .she is still your daughter.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why shouldn't mom get anything you say, she did get a lot, the company.

when are farangs starting stoping paying when they are asked for it....who put the money for the company, the house , the car, the condoms etc etc ?

in my opinion.......

-do not give her money at all.

-sell all your belongings or give them to me or friends instead

-be taugh......

-put her under farang martial law.........!

-dont spend money and time in court......there you are only going to loose money and time like many before you

-normally thais when they separate for any reason if the child is a girl , she stays with the father and if it is a boy he stays with the mother or relatives

-dont think as a foreigner.... think and do what thai normaly do....she will get very surprise if you are able to do so

-making a company is complicated and cost a lot of taxes...you can run an activitie simply on your wifes names, it is very very cheap, no paperwork and in case of problem you just leave..

.-anyway it is going to be hard for you to continue to stay in thailand...! so think twice before you decide to do something.

good luck anywaycoffee1.gif

I think what you are offering is more than reasonable. What I don't understand is how she can kick you out of your company. Did you not set this up properly? I'm just curious because if you had set it up the following way, she couldn't do anything:

Shares - 49% you, 49% her and 2% for the third = 100%

Types of shares - you ordinary shares 1 share = 1 vote, her and the other preference shares 10 shares = 1 vote.

Now if you had a 2,000,000 baht company with 20,000 shares, each share being worth 100 baht, then the shares and voting rights would be split as follows

You 9800 shares = 9800 votes

Her 9800 shares = 980 votes

Other 400 shares = 40 votes

Even though you only have 49% of the company, you maintain full control. Even if they got together and it went to a vote (all major decisions need to go to a company vote), they would only have 1020 votes against your 9800. If your lawyer set it up like this, then you need to kick her out and take back YOUR company. If they didn't, you need to make sure they do with the next company. Then you can transfer her shares to another person (Thai) under the same structure. This way you are still employed and can look after and support your family.

Edited by Phuketboy

She already has the company which you set up, so why give her more money,

Its about time the Thais learnt that you have to work to get money. Not sit on there arse and expect handouts.

Fair enough give something for your child maybe 5K per month max

I hate to be sinister but you say 'your daughter' and sounds very much like you love her as such. Chances are that it is exactly as you think, but I would like to offer just a bit of 'food for thought'. If I was in your position I feel like I would like to 'know' exactly, all the circumstances. I would request a DNA test to verify that your concern is warranted. You haven't given us any clue what the wife did before and like so many wives in Thailand there may have been other farangs or Thai men in her life. Even as I will admit, the chances may be small - but at least you would 'know'...........

And then, if it were to be the undesirable result from DNA - (and since 4 years is sufficient time to form fatherly bonds), you could still give all assistance you felt like giving to your daughter.

I'm just offering this as something to think about.....................

I swear I'll wake up in a moment. People are telling you to pay as little as possible and have your daughter live on less than 400 quid a month!? If I split with my wife, I'd do whatever it too to make sure my daughter still had the best education I could afford, the best diet and as much opportunity in life as I could with whatever financial sacrifice I had to make. If that meant moving into a tiny studio flat, selling my car and working all the hours I could, I'd do it without a thinking twice. Any leftover money would be saved in trust/high-interest savings accounts.

Seriously, posts and replies like those in this thread make me feel ashamed to be living in the same country.

Thanks for the replies, they have given me a few ideas.

Well the problem with the company, when we first set it up, I did not have a work permit for nearly 2 years, I know she has got proof of me working and sending emails when I did not have a work permit, not sure that would get me in trouble or not, but I rather be safe then sorry.

We both studied in the same subject in Australia, but she has her masters, she is a hard worker, I will give her that.

We put in about 50% each I would say, I did bring in all the business and my clients are willing to work with me rather than her, this is why it is not really such a big matter. She can keep the company and her clients she got.

She did take me out of the company a very sneaky way though, apparently all she needed was a copy of my passport with my signature on it, but really I don't care as I can build it up again.

The School is not a normal government school, I am not 100% sure, but it is decent, has a swimming pool and good teacher, but not a top international school or anything like that.

We have 1 car which I am willing to give to her to take my daughter to school with, have all the crap in the house etc, I don't want any of it.

I just don't want to pay anything more than 10,000 Baht per month plus 50% school fees.... As she gets older I will happy pay more as teens can be expensive, but if she takes me to court, I want to know if I jut told the court I am willing to give her all the assets, I just want to pay 10K a month which I think is fair (maybe I will say 5K just to piss her off but still pay the 10)....

Is anyone you know paying more that 10K a month for a 4 year old?

You need to take care of your daughter, since you asked. She's more important in this world than you are, and you should remember that every day you're alive. And if you don't, don't ever call yourself a man.

Edited by John1thru10

I swear I'll wake up in a moment. People are telling you to pay as little as possible and have your daughter live on less than 400 quid a month!? If I split with my wife, I'd do whatever it too to make sure my daughter still had the best education I could afford, the best diet and as much opportunity in life as I could with whatever financial sacrifice I had to make. If that meant moving into a tiny studio flat, selling my car and working all the hours I could, I'd do it without a thinking twice. Any leftover money would be saved in trust/high-interest savings accounts.

Seriously, posts and replies like those in this thread make me feel ashamed to be living in the same country.

It is not like her family is poor, they are a middle class family and now have our company so it is not like she doesn't have access to good food, shelter and education.

This is more of her wanting to take more than she is entitled to in my opinion, it is not like I will be paying 10K a month forever, she is only 4 years old, her grandparents buy her a lot of stuff, I still do. The reason I came on here to post is, if I was being reasonable or not, I don't know too much about the laws in Thailand or the court system as I have never faced it personally.

Just seeing if others have input in the matter or some experiences with going through a divorce and all the stuff that comes with it.

Take the kid back to your home country and take care of everything yourself.

Don't give her a penny.

I don't think that would be so easy. Plus I would not want my daughter not knowing her mother and father, if I didn't have her, I wouldn't be here still.

You need to take care of your daughter, since you asked. She's more important in this world than you are, and you should remember that every day you're alive. And if you don't, don't ever call yourself a man.

I don't think this is the topic at hand, but thanks for your imput

First you cannot even apply for divorce without grounds and this could mean for 2 years. You can divorce at the ampure if both agree. Anything you sign at the ampur is binding but they have no authority or role in agreeing to anything,.

While you are still married you are entitled to 50 % of all marital assetsl. This will include the company. You will have to pay child support around 2000 baht a month. Anything you agree to pay can and will be enforced in Australia.

It is in her interest to settle the matter quicky..until she does she cannot sleep with anyone else as you can sue him for adultery.

Stop trying to be nice...she will not be. Put the bare minimum on the table and if she will not take that just wait a few years as it will aparently bring her to a more reasonable negotiating position.

Wheter she signed you out of the company or not you have exactly the same share of its value thatshe does.

• Like 1

First you cannot even apply for divorce without grounds and this could mean for 2 years. You can divorce at the ampure if both agree. Anything you sign at the ampur is binding but they have no authority or role in agreeing to anything,.

While you are still married you are entitled to 50 % of all marital assetsl. This will include the company. You will have to pay child support around 2000 baht a month. Anything you agree to pay can and will be enforced in Australia.

It is in her interest to settle the matter quicky..until she does she cannot sleep with anyone else as you can sue him for adultery.

Stop trying to be nice...she will not be. Put the bare minimum on the table and if she will not take that just wait a few years as it will aparently bring her to a more reasonable negotiating position.

Wheter she signed you out of the company or not you have exactly the same share of its value thatshe does.

As we have been separated for a bit over 3 months, I do have a new girlfriend and she knows about it too which also makes her a little pissed which I understand.

But having a girlfriend I assume could count as adultery wouldn't it?I mean she could take a screenshot at my girlfriends facebook page, but could that be enough evidence? What evidence is needed to be considered adultery?

As we have been separated for a bit over 3 months, I do have a new girlfriend and she knows about it too which also makes her a little pissed which I understand.

But having a girlfriend I assume could count as adultery wouldn't it?I mean she could take a screenshot at my girlfriends facebook page, but could that be enough evidence? What evidence is needed to be considered adultery?

No here men can have girlfriends but she cannot have a boyfriend unless you agree. Find out the facts and get your bargaining position settled. She cannot divorce you for I think it is 3 years. Of course she could divorce you in Australia but that will take longer and you also must have counselling etc. If she did there you could lose bigtime but here you are the one with the gold chips.

No here men can have girlfriends but she cannot have a boyfriend unless you agree. Find out the facts and get your bargaining position settled. She cannot divorce you for I think it is 3 years. Of course she could divorce you in Australia but that will take longer and you also must have counselling etc. If she did there you could lose bigtime but here you are the one with the gold chips.

lol... Seriously?

I can commit adultery and it is ok, but she is not allowed too?

I have read on a few websites, it does only mention things about adultery about a woman sleeping with a man and not vice verse, I didn't really think of it as anything.

Don't give her a penny.

I don't think that would be so easy. Plus I would not want my daughter not knowing her mother and father, if I didn't have her, I wouldn't be here still.

Well then get ready for a world of pain and frustration

You are just at the beginning. If u think for a second the schools here will do a good job for 20k or 30k u are delusional.I have seen the pain a friend went through trying to manage this with his ex missus and it was frankly impossible.

If you can't afford bangkok level internationals school, 800k per year, then go home.

Don't give her a penny.

Well then get ready for a world of pain and frustration

You are just at the beginning. If u think for a second the schools here will do a good job for 20k or 30k u are delusional.I have seen the pain a friend went through trying to manage this with his ex missus and it was frankly impossible.

If you can't afford bangkok level internationals school, 800k per year, then go home.

Really? 800K a year for a 4 year old?

Go home? If your a foreigner and can't afford 800K a year for education for a 4 year old we all should go home? lol Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha,

If you can't afford a Bangkok International school for 800k a year, then go home.........for a 4 year old child.....yes you should also buy a ferrari with private chauffeur so she can come to that school smile.png

Edited by bangkoklasse
  • Like 1

Decide what you want with the kid. Depending on her age, if she at the moment can recognize you as her father, then I suggest you should just act as having walked away. Of course you knew you ex-wife's home town. Just show up at random for whatever you may have to offer for your child. Not for long, everything will be just fine. Don't go to court, don't fight and keep your new station unknown. Best of lucks fellow...rolleyes.gif

Hi bbkheat. Cannot understand you asking the armchair lot, you will just get their opinions go and ask a lawyer try the one on ThaiVisa first see what they come up with

That is the best advice of the lot. You are talking something that apart from your bussiness which you seem happy to lose you are considering 240000baht plus a year in child payments.. Even 20000 for advice from a very reliable lawyer would seem to be worth spending.

• Like 1