Just Moved To Chiang Mai

Rivka Schechter

We just moved to CM with three children aged 13, 11, and 9. I am desparate for sports activities for the kids during the summer.

Does anyone know of a sports facility with basketball, soccer or volley ball, with-for English speakers? Also any information on skateboarding parks, go cart building and related activities would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

R

Many, if not all of the International Schools will be holding summer camps. Contact them for details. (See the list pinned to the top of the Chiang Mai forum.)

CMIS, in concert with Grace have a Bible based daily fun & games activity at CMIS. - If you are Christian inclined. Contact CMIS, Grace or Raintree (below) for details.

The Raintree Resource Centre, on Charoen Muang road about 100 metres from Nawarat Bridge will have information on other activities. (They are another Christian organisation.)

Chiang Mai Citylife magazine and the Chiang Mai Mail are worth a look, both the print and online editions.

Other than the above - over to you.......

There used to be a go-kart track out on the Hang Dong Road - not sure if it still exists - this is for riding and not building though.

Still there Meadish, and starting to get popular again. We used to have quite an active karting club here, but like all things a lot of people lost interest.

I did mention in a previous post that I was looking to rekindle some interest, and several members said that they would be definate starters.

I have built a couple of karts here, and raced them quite competitively.

post-7622-1150387961_thumb.jpg

my first kart

The main problem in getting the spares up from Bangkok, and some parts even have to be imported, but it was well worth the while. As soon as we loook like getting things moving, I'll post details...MM