Installing AC in BKK

Bmouthboyo

Hi Guys,

I need an AC unit installed in a small (5 meter x 4 meter) room in the upstairs of my house. Far too hot to work in!

I am happy for a seconda hand unit and probably looking for a 20000 BHU unit so I could open the door and let some cool air spill into a spare room if guests staying.

What would I be looking at roughly to have this installed?

Is it worth going second hand or just buy new (guarentee, reliability, effeciency etc?)

Is it worth splashing out for an Inverter type given it is just to cool an office size room I work in, not constantly for whole house?

Also is it feasable to install yourself if fairly handy with DIY?

Cheers

Cost of install will likely be included if you buy a new unit and highly advise doing so as there is no real market for used units and as newer versions are always getting more efficient would not be worth any immediate savings IMHO. As it appears unit will be used for long periods of time during hot times and you want extra capacity at times it may be worth the extra cost for inverter model - they are also much more comfortable as keep temp very even. But it is a much higher initial cost.

Any airconditioner sales place can install and it is not normally DIY as they are split systems with both having to be mounted and outside can be a bear and heavy duty drills and chisel of walls and drain path. The cost is cheap to install.