My True Visions PVR was a good investment

skippybangkok

Can you purchase a DVR here in Thailand that is not tied to True Visions ?

Try plugging in a normal external HD, and see if that works. I know it works on the GMMZ HD box.

I don't have a box, ergo my question about buying a DVR that is not tied to any particular provider

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Try plugging in a normal external HD, and see if that works. I know it works on the GMMZ HD box.

It won't work. It only recognises an eSata drive.

I don't have a box, ergo my question about buying a DVR that is not tied to any particular provider

You can buy a DVR and record whatever your TV picks up.

It won't work. It only recognises an eSata drive.

there must be dvr's on the market by now that use a esata cable

esata is an industry standard for data transfer ,its not owned by true vison like the lightening

cable is owned by apple

Same here. I have nearly 1TB off National Geographic and Discovery Channel recorded so not that bothered about what they show at the moment

Same here .... Still have tons to chew thru so no probs

I like it anyway as don't have a lot of time so like to pre record and watch when it suits me

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I may be missing something here, Skippybangkok, but what PVR do you have from True? The boxes I have are all minus a hard drive and no one at True is the least bit interested in finding out what I need by way of external drive to be able to use the record facility (oh how I long for my old Skybox! :-)). Thanks.

Chris

Same here. I have nearly 1TB off National Geographic and Discovery Channel recorded so not that bothered about what they show at the moment

wach all tv channels via internet (300 bht /month)

How and who with?

You can purchase the equipment separately (like the orico 2598 enclosure and 2.5 in HDs upto 1 TB) but you have to use True's system (99 baht a month) as i think the signal is encrypted. I bought the equipment myself as it's cheaper than through True. Great to have though makes TV viewing so much more flexible.

I got mine ages back, but not sure if in shop. I know from a friend he bought a eSATA ( or what ever the standard is ) HD and connected himself ( v easy, just 60s plug in ). only thing is need to call them and ask for the 99 baht service ( then need to click something in their system ).

For me its worth it, as i said, don't have a alot of time and just like to watch what i want ( have alot of Discovery and movies pre-recorded )

http://www.truevisionstv.com/hd_plus/overall_en.html#hd_pvr

Thanks I guess I will try something else. Two things I refuse to support in any way, here in Thailand, True and FedEx

What happened......True ship a box via FedEx .....FedEx lose it and True would not make it good. Edited by Thaiready
  • Like 1

Wow!!!...hundreds...thousands of TV channels...free-to-air & encrypted channels....and all for Bt300/mo. Probably a few details missing in the statement.

Wow!!!...hundreds...thousands of TV channels...free-to-air & encrypted channels....and all for Bt300/mo. Probably a few details missing in the statement.

Yes,not all the details are in that 1 sentence ,what did you expect?

And now i will not reveal to "addicted non believers" how it works and how to get it.

Those who have it will have a smile on their face now ,

How and who with?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oIf-TzADCmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OR in children language : go to u tube and look for :

How to Use Google Chromecast: Full Setup and Demonstration

It is good to listen and try things out ,before start criticizing without proper knowledge .

Told by Methuselah 2000bc to a thaivisa member .coffee1.gif

Yes,not all the details are in that 1 sentence ,what did you expect?

And now i will not reveal to "addicted non believers" how it works and how to get it.

Those who have it will have a smile on their face now ,

What a load of &lt;deleted&gt;. Im sticking with my True Visions.

Stopped using ours 6 or 7 years ago when Truevisions cancelled BBC Entertainment from the platinum package, haven't been watching any TV since.

You must really like BBC smile.png

Not extremely, but it was the only thing worth looking at in the whole platinum package...

Stopped using ours 6 or 7 years ago when Truevisions cancelled BBC Entertainment from the platinum package, haven't been watching any TV since.

You must really like BBC smile.png

Not extremely, but it was the only thing worth looking at in the whole platinum package...

You should sign up for "Thai Expat TV " UK channels. 7 day look back. Record. Etc.

I have it and find it excellent .. I have the 3bb 10mb service (600b) and pay 600b a month for Thai Expat TV.. sorted

http://www.thaiexpat.tv/aff.php?aff=151

Oh and now have GMMz for Thai TV and fox.Warner etc

2,500b for the box including 12 months gold package connected to a true dish.. sorted twice.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker