Thai cabinet ministers ordered to report to military

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I said on another thread yesterday that General Prayuth, whether he liked it or not was a politician, and was ridiculed for saying so..So today he assumes control over the country, and is now responsible for all the laws and procedures and policies of the land, isn't that what "politicians" do?

Not sure if I read it elsewhere or here, as well that General Prayuth is assuming the position of Interim Prime Minister, wouldn't one need to know a little bit about how to be a politician if he was about to step into that role?.

Todays coup hasn't really surprised anyone, what did surprise everyone was that after neither side was willing to compromise, Suthep sticking to his guns, and offering nothing, and the PTP refusing to step aside, then the General threw his own teddy out the pram, time will tell if he did the right thing, it's far too early to know, I'm also inclined to believe that the "children" have been removed from the streets for their own safety, as well as it giving the General the opportunity to take back Bangkok, and disperse everyone, by all accounts, there was no serious incidents over at Aksa, or the other protest camps/locations.

You are assuming the military is like you and incapable of learning.

They now have 8 years of experience to see where the mistakes were made in 2006 and correct them. You on the other hand have learned nothing.

Looks like this is the 12th time they are trying to correct their mistakes since 1932 whistling.gif

This time they sent a different man.

Edit

Now that you mention but the government has had as many opportunities to get it rite.

How has that worked out for them? LOL

Edited by northernjohn

I said on another thread yesterday that General Prayuth, whether he liked it or not was a politician, and was ridiculed for saying so..So today he assumes control over the country, and is now responsible for all the laws and procedures and policies of the land, isn't that what "politicians" do?

Not sure if I read it elsewhere or here, as well that General Prayuth is assuming the position of Interim Prime Minister, wouldn't one need to know a little bit about how to be a politician if he was about to step into that role?.

Todays coup hasn't really surprised anyone, what did surprise everyone was that after neither side was willing to compromise, Suthep sticking to his guns, and offering nothing, and the PTP refusing to step aside, then the General threw his own teddy out the pram, time will tell if he did the right thing, it's far too early to know, I'm also inclined to believe that the "children" have been removed from the streets for their own safety, as well as it giving the General the opportunity to take back Bangkok, and disperse everyone, by all accounts, there was no serious incidents over at Aksa, or the other protest camps/locations.

I missed his speech. I was to busy watching X men.

Did he say he was going to assume the role of Prime Minister. I got the impression from others that he was going to form an Interim government. For some reason I did not see him taking the role on him self. More like maintain safety in Thailand and make sure the government that comes on line does it's job of reform where needed. I could be wrong.

If you are interested the Movie was a good one.

Did Yingluck know a little bit about how to be a politician when she stepped into that role?. I would suggest he employs advisors who are not family or friends and surely he cant=not do any worse than the last administration.

• Like 2

Dear Gen Prayuth,

Thankx for making an end to this Shinawatra dynasty, now it's time to rebuild the country.

And please do not forget to round up all the redshirt posters on Thaivisa.com, or they will keep hurting the country.

May the Lord Buddha be with you....

An open letter from the Purge Patrol.

The Lord Buddha?

The Lord Buddha was never a fascist.

Fascism seeks to build a mass movement of everyone considered part of
the national community, actively engaged but controlled from above, to seize
political power and remake the social order. This movement is driven by a
vision of the national community rising phoenix-like after a period
of encroaching decadence which all but destroyed it. Such rebirth involves
systematic, top-down transformation of all social spheres by an
an authoritarian state, and suppression or purging of all forces,
ideologies, and social groups the fascists define as alien.

From their web page "Kasama is first of all a communist project."

Edited by rucus7

Dear Gen Prayuth,

Thankx for making an end to this Shinawatra dynasty, now it's time to rebuild the country.

And please do not forget to round up all the redshirt posters on Thaivisa.com, or they will keep hurting the country.

An open letter from the Purge Patrol.

The Lord Buddha?

The Lord Buddha was never a fascist.

Fascism seeks to build a mass movement of everyone considered part of
the national community, actively engaged but controlled from above, to seize
political power and remake the social order. This movement is driven by a
vision of the national community rising phoenix-like after a period
of encroaching decadence which all but destroyed it. Such rebirth involves
systematic, top-down transformation of all social spheres by an
an authoritarian state, and suppression or purging of all forces,
ideologies, and social groups the fascists define as alien.

From their web page "Kasama is first of all a communist project."

They meet annually in a phone booth but they do manage to issue some excellent stuff on contemporary fascism. As I'm anti-fascist, such statements are of particular interest to me whether by them or by numerous others I do cite.

The above statement was written before the Suthep-PDRC madness began, but the descriptive statement seems suited exactly and precisely to Suthep, his PDRC and to Thailand. The description is consistent with a great deal produced by the MSM and think tanks globally in respect of recent trends and developments in Thailand.

A grim time ahead

post-12069-0-00198500-1400770300.jpg

The bully comes down with a crash

Looking at that picture I feel so sorry for him.

Some soldier should volunteer to help the poor guy out of his misery.

I have waited years to see that photo. I am so happy now. Hey maybe there really is karma ?

Yes indeed. It's a proper 'the game's up' face.

This time they have a no nonsense leader. He will do the job properly. He has suspended the constitution and you can bet your bottom baht that when it comes back on line it will have been a little changed. There will be a clause that defiantly does not allow a person charged with a crime to run for office and if they are charged with one while in office they will be removed.

I strongly suspect it will be given some teeth. Like no more convicted killers out on bail. Jail time for trying to buy votes or intimidate voters. Fines at least 5 times the size of the bribe for those who take a bribe. Also I would hope that they do some thing to make the police do their duty. This would require a better wage and training. Promotions to be earned.

Just my opinions. I am basing them on the need for these things and the belief that the General has good intentions for Thailand. It is not for his personal gain.

It is not that simple njohn. "He has suspended the constitution and you can bet your bottom baht that when it comes back on line it will have been a little changed. There will be a clause that defiantly does not allow a person charged with a crime to run for office and if they are charged with one while in office they will be removed..."

That means that all I have to do to get rid of a rival is claim he raped my dog....

Nonsense. Interpol won't use your biased view of Thaksin's corruption conviction or your biased judgement on the 15 serious outstanding court cases pending against him. You can consider them all "political" if you want. Won't mean diddly squat to Interpol. They pass information based on requests from member countries. If Thailand requests help in arresting and extraditing Thaksin they will respond. It will then be up to the arresting country as to whether they extradite him or not based on such things as if a extradition treaty is in existence and if all conditions are met etc.

Stop trying to trivialize Thaksin's crimes or dismiss them as politically motivated miscarriages of justices. He's been convicted of fraud, and chose to become a fugitive to avoid serving his sentence. No attempt at appeal, and no attempt to fight all the other charges.

Or do you have any evidence that Interpol have decided to break protocol and review the evidence, court ruling and make their own judgement - all especially for Thaksin?

Ok. What you said is literally correct.

So, why hasn't Interpol stepped in (and this mess is an old mess)? Why hasn't it been pushed from any quarter?

Here comes the "Interpol is infected with foreign power's agenda's" crap, I expect.

Hogwash. You deny the antecedent. You say they will act, and when they do not you will cry foul to suit your viewpoint.

It is time to kick out the Thaksin clan completely.

Good luck Thailand!

Not exactly the way Suthep wanted it but he is the big winner here. Bye bye Shinawatra Mafia. I hope they get rid of them the right way this time. The method they used last time backfired on them. They left some players in the game who had nothing but ill intentions for Thailand.

I suspect it will be Mark who will come out on top, Suthep will probably be quietly whisked away to the funny farm.

When I came to Thailand, I knew nothing , and so I brought an Isaan girl back to New Zealand

married her and then kept going to Thailand from 2011 onwards, 7 months each year in Thailand,

and visits to the parents in a small village of Maha Sarakham.

They, my wife’s parents had nothing but only their small rice crop, and only a few Rai of land .

My wife told me that her father had been prevented from voting other than Pheu Thai in the Thaksin village stand over

In the 2011 elections

This is true. Then last year the year rice payments stopped and they had nothing.

Knowing these Thai people has slashed my reserves, but what could I do.

What value does a man have to his wife while he watches her father and mother die of hunger.

My Father in Law was literally going to starve.

Thaksin was looking to suck the 2 trillion baht infrastructure set up into his further control,

but the amnesty got in the way.

That Yingluck Thaksin Government must surely be the worst in Thialand’ history

I hate Thaksin with a venom, a hatred that will last till the day I see he is dead.

People say that the farang has no part in the Thailand politic,

Is that right I say?

I bring $20,000 to Thailand every year and support an entire family.

I hope the army is ruthless and severe with all that Shinawatra and that filthy Pheu Thai Government.

I know what I would do

Congratulations for expressing it in REAL terms ... I live in Korat and have also observed the same and respect your post as it is fact that vote-buying and thuggery that is how the shin-clan works to the detriment of the real people and anyone who believes the government was in power through a fair election and accepts the corruption rife in Thailand is also part of the problem.

• Like 2

Would that include the caretaker defense minister? PTP were insisting Ms. Yingluck was still caretaker defense minister and only removed from her caretaker PM role.

Anyone know where she and the man who replaced her are? Say what you want about him but he was smart enough to stay away from the meetings Tuesday and today.

Not so much smart as arrogant and cowardly. Sending his deputy instead probably tipped Gen. Prayuth into ballistic mode and may well have triggered his current response.

Unless there's a spy in the camp .... whistling.gif

I would think it was the response from Thaksin that tipped the scales. What a stupid and arrogant man to think that, as the de facto leader of the government, he could openly reject the compromise proposals and not incur the wrath of Prayuth. I suggest that this will now unleash an all-out attempt to get him arrested and returned to Thailand where they can start sequestering his assets and giving them back to the country.

This time they have a no nonsense leader. He will do the job properly. He has suspended the constitution and you can bet your bottom baht that when it comes back on line it will have been a little changed. There will be a clause that defiantly does not allow a person charged with a crime to run for office and if they are charged with one while in office they will be removed.

I strongly suspect it will be given some teeth. Like no more convicted killers out on bail. Jail time for trying to buy votes or intimidate voters. Fines at least 5 times the size of the bribe for those who take a bribe. Also I would hope that they do some thing to make the police do their duty. This would require a better wage and training. Promotions to be earned.

Just my opinions. I am basing them on the need for these things and the belief that the General has good intentions for Thailand. It is not for his personal gain.

It is not that simple njohn. "He has suspended the constitution and you can bet your bottom baht that when it comes back on line it will have been a little changed. There will be a clause that defiantly does not allow a person charged with a crime to run for office and if they are charged with one while in office they will be removed..."

That means that all I have to do to get rid of a rival is claim he raped my dog....

Not at all, that means that you can bar someone from public office if you can prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that he actually raped your dog...!! Quite a different matter, and an approach that will fairly weed out those who are not fit to hold office...!!

When I came to Thailand, I knew nothing , and so I brought an Isaan girl back to New Zealand

married her and then kept going to Thailand from 2011 onwards, 7 months each year in Thailand,

and visits to the parents in a small village of Maha Sarakham.

They, my wife’s parents had nothing but only their small rice crop, and only a few Rai of land .

My wife told me that her father had been prevented from voting other than Pheu Thai in the Thaksin village stand over

In the 2011 elections

This is true. Then last year the year rice payments stopped and they had nothing.

Knowing these Thai people has slashed my reserves, but what could I do.

What value does a man have to his wife while he watches her father and mother die of hunger.

My Father in Law was literally going to starve.

Thaksin was looking to suck the 2 trillion baht infrastructure set up into his further control,

but the amnesty got in the way.

That Yingluck Thaksin Government must surely be the worst in Thialand’ history

I hate Thaksin with a venom, a hatred that will last till the day I see he is dead.

People say that the farang has no part in the Thailand politic,

Is that right I say?

I bring $20,000 to Thailand every year and support an entire family.

I hope the army is ruthless and severe with all that Shinawatra and that filthy Pheu Thai Government.

I know what I would do

Give us a break pq, my mother and father in law come from a similar area and are poor rice farmers, unlike your in laws mine chose not to fall for the government rice scheme and sold their rice as they had previously sold it. '[My f in l was literally going to starve to death' you say, no one starves to death in Thailand. You have as much chance to starve to death in Thailand as you do in NZ. Precisely zilch. Things might be grim but don't be unrealistic.

• Like 1

Not at all, that means that you can bar someone from public office if you can prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that he actually raped your dog...!! Quite a different matter, and an approach that will fairly weed out those who are not fit to hold office...!!

Is it against the law to rape a dog? I was thinking of raping the one up the road with a forty foot barge pole.

Would that include the caretaker defense minister? PTP were insisting Ms. Yingluck was still caretaker defense minister and only removed from her caretaker PM role.

Anyone know where she and the man who replaced her are? Say what you want about him but he was smart enough to stay away from the meetings Tuesday and today.

Not so much smart as arrogant and cowardly. Sending his deputy instead probably tipped Gen. Prayuth into ballistic mode and may well have triggered his current response.

Unless there's a spy in the camp .... whistling.gif

He stayed away for a reason. Told to maybe by the boss, as a sign of non co-operation? Couldn't be bothered, I doubt. More likely guessed something might happen - especially as he knew PTP would be difficult and obstinate. You don't get where he is without a natural cunning and knowing when to lie low.

He knew beforehand that Prayuth is an officer but not a gentleman. Wise thinking ... 12 points.

The General has saved lives. If the red shirts want to retaliate then they will be the cause of further lose of lives as they had been for the past 7 months.

Well done General Prayuth and the Thai army.

You are savors of Thailand. You have saved them from themselves.

If it's all about saving lives, the generals should have closed all the roads and seized all cars and motorbikes. coffee1.gif

Edited by JoeLing
  • Like 1

It will not be the same as the infamous war on drugs when you could anonymously name people as drug dealers without any substantive proof.

Black - ops for Thaksin would put an end to all this nonsense.

It certainly would, but I doubt the Thais are up to it.

Sub it out to the Israelis would be a good move.

However, I have a pal who was in a certain UK regiment who did body-guarding later and he says Thaksin's security is as tight as a duck's a*se, and he actually listens to them and does as he's told.

Did I read somewhere tonight that a Order was sent to open the Legality of the Warrant for Thaksin's Arrest?? Opening the door for Interpol's involvement?

This is SO necessary! It is time for the cause of all this trouble to be brought back and to face the court for his multiple cases of corruption. If he is left free, he will only plan revenge, and Thailand will soon be back to Square 1. Indeed, he is probably already planning revenge and rebellion. I hope that the farmers are not stupid enough to fight soldiers for him.

• Like 1

It's amazing how many 'newbies' are popping up on TVF offering their expert opinions about everything. Having been members for a few weeks they seem to be fully up to speed on every aspect.

So who's opinion is the right opinion?

Dear Gen Prayuth,

yes, thanks Bangmod, who says we Westerners have no opinion when we pay so much.

My own Father in law, he rang us today he was in tears ,

he said to my Wife

"Soon you stop paying me the General has taken Thailand's purse"

I hope the army does a proper job this time and clears Thailand

of all the dross,brings wrong do"ers to account,and it won"t be

easy but try to get rid of the corrupt practices that are bringing

the country to its knees.

Have you ever noticed that the army top are all extremely rich people ?

Not sure if they have that big of a salary.

That applies to most politicians, police and senior civil servants as well.

I may be a little out of step, but I have always thought that the Shinowat clan being in charge has always called Yingluk's Government a Caretaker we seem to have a caretaker Government deposed and another Caretaker Appointed from the same clan while that has now been deposed and replaced by a Military tribunal. At the rate Politicians are breeding, Thailand will need to re-assume Cambodia just to give them somewhere to live... A new Shinowatra rouge maybe