Military Coup: Flash Update From Tourism Authority Of Thailand

We will be in BKK next week and hope I have no problem getting around.

No problem getting around, but do duck down below window level in the taxi.

To be frank, I wouldn't come to Bangkok these days. There is anger building up in Thailand. Just stay away, if I were you.

...yeah and all you parents who have 20 year old students wanting to come to thailand for 2 semester....please keep them safe at your home....don't send them....remember, there are grenades in thailand

Almost certainly none..........up until around 8pm, when everyone will start rushing in order to beat the 10pm curfew

Edited by uptheos

I wouldn't worry about it... But then if you wish to stay there I can not say anything........ Bangkok has never been my hub, not the rub, so I always head North... Never had problems with this before......Just from my experience, in all circumstances have never had this problem with what they call coups...

Usually in the Bangkok area, never to other destinations, but hey it is new brave world..... The wife is returning there soon, but I salute the military for what they have done....... Just a thought wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

They will probably know you as a tourist, so act accordingly....

Kerry

So heard Thailand soon going to be building new Cadilac's Coup De Ville models cheesy.gif

Hey no one ever said they were the Cadillac...... Live and let live........facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif Go figure, but I guess it is their dream to own one.... And while we are on the subject? How many GM plants and subsidiaries are there in Thailand?

You would be amazed..... Kerry

TAT s new promotion, come to Thailand and see the Amazing Coup,

have your picture taken with a soldier, sit on a tank,only happens

every few years ,so don't miss it.

regards worgeordie

hahahahahahaha

• Like 1

Coming to chiang mai in two weeks..any bets or should I cancel?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No,in two weeks if not now it will be life as usual here with perhaps a few minor inconveniences.

This is our 3rd coup.

Since the absolute monarchy was abolished there have been 20 coups - 11 successful and 9 unsuccessful. So it should be changed to LOC land of coups :)