Teach me about IP Security cameras and what to buy ?

BKKdreaming

Hi

I know nothing about them......

I want to put a couple IP security cameras up that will have motion detection , these will be in my back yard and side yards ,

when they get triggered they send me a text or email ,

But how do I hook them up and power them ?

maybe for a month at a time when I am in BKK !

Do I run a Cat 5 cable from the camera to my router ? Or can I get WiFi ones ?

do they also have audio ? and can I "call back" the camera and YELL at the bad guys ?

or set up an alarm I can trigger from my phone ?

And I need to find a way so that they will not be triggered by the opposums , racoons , cats , squirrels etc

I am a target now as the thieves have hit me a few times and always seem to get something ,

I would love to catch them or at least scare them away ,

It is for my house in the USA if that matters

any ideas what you did that worked or did not work would help

Thanks and stay safe with the Coup,........hopefully will be there in a month

Go on ebay most are plug and play easy to install yourself do every thing you want except yell at the bad guys

I have installed in friends homes and some restaurants.Pay a little more and get the 720 pixle cameras very good picture at night

search security or cctv on ebay.I think you can also buy on Amonzon.

Be carfull of any from china, check the software supplied is in english, some only supply software in chinese only. Also be aware you will have to set ip mask if you are on a dynamic ip to remotly access the cameras

If you're in the States, just go into Best Buy, they usually have in stock wireless Dlink cameras, real easy to setup and accessible over Internet on PC & your phone. If you are in a location, CA or AZ where I am familiar and there is a Fry's, they tend to have more selection and somewhat more knowledgable folks who can help advise you.

I'm assuming you don't want to be running cable and setting up a full security system, so this is the cheap. cheerful and quick way to go

I have got a few d-links cheap. Wifi and all you required. Around 70 euro but for a bucks more I saw one with a battery which lasted a month or 3. The d Link is a 933 l

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk