How much pocket money should I give my Thai girlfriend?

ppmacready

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people give girlfriends pocket money? You're in a relationship together, she's not your employee

Your right of course.

She is not your employee.

She is however a 'Thai girl' that has chosen to have a relationship with a chubby, old, ugly Falang who will change her and her immediate relatives life.

Their are many 'levels' of relationships in Thailand.

For example the mia noiy expects pocket money from her boyfriend.

A 'paid for ' girlfriend expects pocket money from her sponsor.

Its in their culture here in Thailand.

Many appear to know better and indulge themselves in trying to change the mindset of their 'special love'.

Me-

When in Rome and all that!

• Like 1

If you are living together 30000 baht a month but she pay for everything,rent,food,water,electricity,school for kids,plane ticket if you want to go back home for a couple of weeks every 6 months.Every 3 months you give her cash 90000 baht bonus.If you are not living with her you give her nothing

My food bill is 30K a month!
Your joking
Mine is twice that but includes a lot of alcohol in decent places (not drinking a Chang outside the 7 lol)

I love when someone starts a thread disguised as a question, but really they just want to tell everyone about their "cool" life :-)

Guess it is better than the dude who completely skipped the question part, and just thought he would tell us all about his many girlfriends :-)

• Like 1

If you are living together 30000 baht a month but she pay for everything,rent,food,water,electricity,school for kids,plane ticket if you want to go back home for a couple of weeks every 6 months.Every 3 months you give her cash 90000 baht bonus.If you are not living with her you give her nothing

My food bill is 30K a month!
Your joking
Mine is twice that but includes a lot of alcohol in decent places (not drinking a Chang outside the 7 lol)

With my overheads I can't afford to drink!

I do not know why that beautiful old girl has stayed with me so long there are a lot better than me are I will do the right thing and tell her to go tomorrow.No I will go,she can have the lot she deserves than me

Do you have your own blog or something? I suggest you start one ... and keep it to yourself.

This is <deleted> hilarious. While pondering whether the OP made sense or was I sickened- I scanned your post! This captures all the distilling I might have done. Brilliant!

Do you have your own blog or something? I suggest you start one ... and keep it to yourself.

I don't know what revoltes me the most - That you took the time to wrote this pointless remark or that 14 other people condone you did.

This forum is open to anyone, no matter color, race, religion, taste, opinion and as long as ones thoughts are honest and true they should be welcomed. If you don't have anything to improve in the matter, better be silent and stay silent. For every other matter, there is an Admin.

Kind of amazing too, that you have 15000 posts like this and admins allow you to flood it?

To OP:

I think every person, including your thai lady should be independent and live after her own expensens. If she is a part of your family and manages household life in general then you share 50/50. You don't give your loved ones salary. That is for staff.

Cheers!

I don't know what revoltes me the most - That you took the time to wrote this pointless remark or that 14 other people condone you did.

This forum is open to anyone, no matter color, race, religion, taste, opinion and as long as ones thoughts are honest and true they should be welcomed. If you don't have anything to improve in the matter, better be silent and stay silent. For every other matter, there is an Admin.

Kind of amazing too, that you have 15000 posts like this and admins allow you to flood it?

To OP:

I think every person, including your thai lady should be independent and live after her own expensens. If she is a part of your family and manages household life in general then you share 50/50. You don't give your loved ones salary. That is for staff.

Cheers!

We all know someone like bkkjames.

Life gave them some lemons and they are still chewing on them.

My mum loved to moan.

The worst thing you could ask her was ''how are you?''

High lights to me how lucky and blessed we are to be content and happy.

Thailand was a different scene when I arrived 18 years ago.

I was the youngest kid on the block by far.

My UK girlfriend ( 16 years my junior and a looker!) was the only Falang women in town.

I dated girls working in the shops, hotels and girls at university.

I made it clear I didn't want to get married.

I didn't want to have a baby.

I would not build them a house.

Asked them only to stay if they were 'happy'.

When they lived with me I always gave them pocket money.

When the inevitable honeymoon period finished, I walked away with no 'guilty' feelings.

And no poorer.

I'm still on talking terms with all of them!

Even my X UK girlfriend, now my best friend, lives here in Thailand.

I have never changed my MO, except I no longer hang around the university's!

To OP:

Cheers!

My mum loved to moan.

My UK girlfriend ( 16 years my junior and a looker!) was the only Falang women in town.

When the inevitable honeymoon period finished, I walked away with no 'guilty' feelings.

And no poorer.

Maybe I misunderstand, but not sure how you were the youngest kid on the block by far and still 16 years older than your gf? :-)

I completely agree with "ppmacready" my GF gives me a very good feeling, i just like to be with her and during the past 15 years we became good friends. I still pay her salary every month, she saves some, help family etc..this is maybe not "western" style but it works for me and for her. Take the cupid love away and our relation would still stand. There is no rule nor definition which can judge any relationship. It is like some guys need confirmation or approval from a forum like this which i think is very twisted.

To OP:

Cheers!

My mum loved to moan.

And no poorer.

Maybe I misunderstand, but not sure how you were the youngest kid on the block by far and still 16 years older than your gf? :-)

I was 35, my English girl friend was 19.

It was rare to find a Western guy living in Pattaya under 40.

I lived a 'teenager' lifestyle for a few years with some really beautiful Thai girls.

Now i'm living the lifestyle of a 35 year old with beautiful Thai girls.

To OP:

Cheers!

My mum loved to moan.

And no poorer.

I lived a 'teenager' lifestyle for a few years with some really beautiful Thai girls.

Guess that is true. I was a teenager back then, and think I only had 1 expat friend my own age :-)

To OP:

Cheers!

My mum loved to moan.

And no poorer.

Guess that is true. I was a teenager back then, and think I only had 1 expat friend my own age :-)

Sounds like you have been here a long time too.

What % of your acquaintances and friends turned out to be doormats and were taken advantage off by their 'special' girlfriends?

I'd hazard 80% of mine!