Thaksin calls on NCOP to return happiness to Thais

Lite Beer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaskin should come to my village, the people have never been happier

the night of the coup was a full village party, the only 2 people I know who where not happy where my self and a another farlang whose duty is was to pay the cost

Thai wife and all her friends are happy

Dear Mr, Thaskin

I speak on behalf of the majority of farlang married to Thai women

WHEN YOU HAVE A HAPPY WIFE

YOU HAVE A HAPPY LIFE

(which has nothing to do with the coup but who cares as life is now full of smiles in my area

Guess loosing face is always someone else's fault

where is the village?

north south east center?

You must be new to TVF

My location is well known on this web site, as it has come up time after time

I see where you are going

So I am sorry to burst your bubble

Our villige is smack bang in the middle, of what Thaskin calls his Red people

Kalasin

Not ever village in the North east is coloured red, as many many Farlang marry Thai ladies

Intoducing the truth into the village

This mean Farlang put more moneyi into the village than PTP has done

when the Farlang leave so does the money

• Like 1

I would like to thank KT for his concern for those living in the kingdom but from what I've been seeing and hearing in CM the NCOP are already making a surprisingly large proportion of Thais happy and the smiles are returning to most faces.

The general seems to have substantial backing from right accross the demographic spectrum..... keep your ears pinned back tomorrow for confirmation.... but he really needs to scrap the night curfew in fairness to those who have chosen to visit Thailand on vacation.

Let's hope Thaksin got one thing right and Thailand can look forward to a new beginning.

I agree with you and I believe it won't belong until the international community jump on board too - it's a pity we have a few hundred small minded people in Bangkok that can't see that this man may actually turn out to be the "one" that Thailand has been waiting for years

The man hasn't put a foot wrong these last 6 months - all credit to him

When I was young

my mother warned me people like you exist

but gladly she also said

your best ignored

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3e7a9600-e3ec-11e3-a73a-00144feabdc0.html

Human Rights Watch, the New York-based campaign group, accused the junta of playing a power game to destroy Mr Thaksin, a former premier who outflanked the old urban elite and won power thanks to the support of millions of rural Thais grateful for his subsidised healthcare, crop-growing and microcredit schemes.

“The military and others in Thailand are so desperate to rid the country of Thaksin and his allies that they are now holding the entire country hostage to their whims,” said Brad Adams, Human Rights Watch Asia director.

The military says it took over because it was clear there would be no agreement to end the debilitating political crisis . The country has been without a functioning government or parliament since December, and the economy has started to shrink.

Gen Prayuth has pledged to repay rice farmers owed an estimated $3bn under a financially disastrous rice subsidy scheme run by the ousted government.

The junta has said the detentions of Ms Yingluck and others are only temporary measures to help damp the turmoil and give those involved in it “time to think”.

Is this the same Human Rights Watch who called Thaksin a "human rights abuser of the worst kind" a few years back???

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Thaksin said he would like to see Thais turn to one another and smile happily like what happened a decade ago.

Does he mean like a decade ago, before he decided to emulate Hun Sen and try to become 'President for Life'?

If he had moved on with his life after his 2006 ouster, he might never have been charged with the crime he is now evading punishment for. If he had moved on with his life, this country would not, today, have such huge social and political divisions. Eight years of his paid brown red shirt, UDD army promoting violence and preaching hatred for the 'wealthy elite' of Bangkok have born fruit and it is an evil fruit that is poisonous to Thailand.

A lot of posters on this forum try to say that Thaksin is not what this fight is all about when, in truth, Thaksin is ONLY thing this fight is about. Tha one man is responsible for so much misery boggles the mind. I sincerely hope the military government can bring this evil to an end so that Thailand at least has a chance to succeed.

Thaksin Shinawatra remains at centre of divisions

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/other-world/thaksin-shinawatra-remains-at-centre-of-divisions-1.1337074

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

Every single politician in this country is xenophobic, corrupt and money hungry. Both sides.

I cannot understand how any farang on this forum can have anything to say. 90% don't have a clue and only rely on opinions from those they are close to and the other 10% are tourists or wannabes.

Control yourselves, please.

Perhaps I can be helpful in your learning to understand.

On the other hand and in general, foreigners read and pay attention to news to a much greater degree than Thais thus the Falongs that live here usually have more educated views of the politics than Thais. Most Thais were fooled by Thaksins populist tricks but most foreigners saw through his corrupt ways near the beginning of his political career. I know of few foreigners that rely on opinions of those they are close to, especially the Thais opinions since they do not educate themselves on current political events by research but instead generally only know what they hear while talking amongst themselves. Thailand's people are involved in a changing nation that is learning to embrace many races. There is not a choice in that as more and more different nationalities discover Thailand and their children, generally of a Thai wife, become Thai citizens. Natural evolution of a beautiful nation.

In defense of Mr. Thaksin I do have to say this;

• Yes he was corrupt but what government isn't? At least he made it clear rather then hiding it.
  • He brung the Internet to Thailand buy going to China, building his own Satellite, launching it then vualla we had internet. Yes of course he profited billions but that is just a smart business man.
  • A LOT of money he made via corruption (from large corporations and not the common people of Thailand) he gave to the farmers who are the ones we ALL should be helping as world wide farmers are #1.
  • He made it easier for foreigners to get visas etc.
  • He fought the war on drugs (although there were casualties as there are in any war).
  • PS: Whatever happened to the billions of baht that was seized from him? Maybe the army will take it?

In opposition to Mr. Thaksin I can say this:

• He did make a HUGE mistake when he said he wanted to sit in the "Big chair".
  • He did make a mistake when he fled rather then staying here and doing his time.
  • He did give money for votes.
  • He does keep meddling in Thailand's politics when he should stay out of it but maybe he really does love Thailand. Ok I guess if he did he would be happy to be in jail here.

All in all I think he gave more to the "people" which outweighs the bad he did.

Abhasit had 2 years to show he would make a difference and did absolutely NOTHING.

I just hope that the Army has good intentions however if they do then why would they not announce it instead of keeping it all a secret?

So using you logic there are

12 Farlang in our village married to Thai Ladies

we have given more to the village that Thaskin or the government have

so using your rule of thumb

we must be better than Thaskin and the government

Why then do we not have the right to vote like Thais can after 2 years in our home counties

Is it because you opinion is not that of Thailand as a whole ???

Unfortunately this man in Dubai "Who must not be named" has so many followers, millions and billions of followers who still buy on his backstabbing white lies, no matter how many times he deceives them in a 1000 life times...

Every single politician in this country is xenophobic, corrupt and money hungry. Both sides.

I cannot understand how any farang on this forum can have anything to say. 90% don't have a clue and only rely on opinions from those they are close to and the other 10% are tourists or wannabes.

So, are you in the 90%, or wannabes or tourist class.

Grow up and get a life.

Well, it seems to me, that more people used to have a smile on their faces, before they ever heard of Thaksin and his family.

Since his "reign", many people lost their homes and lands, because they borrowed money, which he freely made available with no interest, for about three years and then principle and interest came due all at once, which of course most farmers didn't understand, when they borrowed the money...

Since his reign, many innocent people (men, women and children), were killed, because of his "War on Drugs", including a whole village of men, women and children...

Since his reign, People who used to grow hemp and created beautiful fabrics with the hemp, which was often their sole income, Thaksin wiped out all the hemp fields, in his war on drugs and took the income away from thousands of poor hemp farmers...

Since his reign, people where piled up in trucks and driven around, until most of them were dead...

Since his reign, profitable Thai enterprises were privatized, taking away income from the Country...

...and we haven't even touched on corruption yet, or the fact that he divided Thai People against each other.

So yes, I believe that many people were happier, before Thaksin came into power. wai2.gif

• Like 1

Hey Thaksin, you want to put your money where your mouth is - I have an idea

Hire a Plane

Load it up with all the billions you stole from the Thai people in Thousand baht notes (big plane required)

Fly it over Thailand and release clap2.gif

Happiness restored thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

<deleted>? If you cannot understand then why make comment? Please placard your knowledge, in asserting that 90% of farang don't have a clue, and how the other end of the sprecturm market you assume is measured at 10%, comprising want-to-be persons.

Idiotic post, and very detrimental/insulting/ to those of us who have lived here for many years.

Control yourself master, walk on rice-paper for a few days, or you yourself may become blind.

Got 35+ years here myself, master. On top of that I have seen the uninformed opinions on TV until I am sick of it.

• Like 1

Perhaps I can be helpful in your learning to understand.

On the other hand and in general, foreigners read and pay attention to news to a much greater degree than Thais thus the Falongs that live here usually have more educated views of the politics than Thais. Most Thais were fooled by Thaksins populist tricks but most foreigners saw through his corrupt ways near the beginning of his political career. I know of few foreigners that rely on opinions of those they are close to, especially the Thais opinions since they do not educate themselves on current political events by research but instead generally only know what they hear while talking amongst themselves. Thailand's people are involved in a changing nation that is learning to embrace many races. There is not a choice in that as more and more different nationalities discover Thailand and their children, generally of a Thai wife, become Thai citizens. Natural evolution of a beautiful nation.

You are talking to someone that has had 35+ years of seeing what happens in Thailand. I am now going through my 5th coup and will not change my opinion. You most likely get your news from western sources or the the Thai ones that cater to them.

I am a farang not a falong. Do you even know the origination of the word?

The Thais do not educate themselves because they have been neglected by the money grubbing politicians on all sides for decades. That includes education. I live in the middle of the most neglected part of Thailand but I do not condone Thaksin's ideology. I also do not condone the ideology of any other politician in the country. I also will not honor the thoughts of 'farang' as most do not have a clue.

Find yourself another wall to bang your head against.

This abominable HYPOCRITE!

When he was in power he trampled on human rights, intimidated the press and disregarded pretty much every law that would have curbed his grip on power. And now he's bleating about these issues?

Shut the %$@# up, Thaksin!

I thought you were talking about Obama till the end.

Isn't there some island nation or sub-Saharan dictatorship or banana republic somewhere that T can buy and content himself in his remaining years.with tyrannizing for his own fun & profit? Perhaps Putin could put him in charge of some soon--to-be overun province. Why must Thailand continue to suffer this debilitating and embarrassing affliction?

Thaksin calls on NCOP to return happiness to Thais

he seems to be starting with himself with a new honey on his current shopping trip to Japan

Fugitive former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is visiting Japan in the wake of the Thai military's seizure of power in a coup d'etat, it was learned Thursday from informed sources. Thaksin entered Japan at the beginning of the week on a private visit for shopping and the like, and was to be there for several days. Pictures apparently taken by a Thai national staying in Japan have been posted on the Internet showing Thaskin walking in Tokyo with a woman.

Kyodo News International May 29, 2014

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/kyodo-news-international/140529/fugitive-ex-thai-leader-thaksin-visiting-japan-sourc-0

10366270_542402422537399_795185297787987

I upset about coup. You give me happy time, yes?

Probably last minute shopping in a civilised country prior to the military arranging an arrest call via Interpol.