BOI companies - Premium lane at Suvarnabhumi

Hello there,

I have been working here for 4 years now, and I just heard that it might possible for people having a non-B Visa from BOI registered companies to use the Premium Lane at Suvarnabhumi immigration.

Does anyone can confirm this or does it apply to special cases?

Thanks in advance

never heard of this

If you have been working here 4 years, one assumes your on extension of stay ?......if you are you, don't have a Non-imm B visa anyway, therefore even if this was true you couldn't use it cos you don't have a "B"...rolleyes.gif

Further on a B visa, or your re-entry permit does it even say it's a BOI company?, my re-entry permit just names the company and its written in pen.

If its not stated as a BOI company how would immigration even know its a BOI company ?

Me thinks someone is telling you porkies....thumbsup.gif ....if I am wrong I will with draw my remarks, with a thousand hail mary's

Yes of course. I have been working in a BOI registered company and using the premium lane for many years. Dont need to show any proof. They have some way of determining this status from your extension of stay stamp on passport.

Edited by saakura

Yes of course. I have been working in a BOI registered company and using the premium lane for many years. Dont need to show any proof. They have some way of determining this status from your extension of stay.

Oh well...guess I had better start saying the hail Mary's rolleyes.gif

Yes of course. I have been working in a BOI registered company and using the premium lane for many years. Dont need to show any proof. They have some way of determining this status from your extension of stay.

Oh well...guess I had better start saying the hail Mary's rolleyes.gif

At the entrance to Premium Lane, there is a BIG board listing the categories who can use the lane, includes BOI.

never heard of this

If you have been working here 4 years, one assumes your on extension of stay ?......if you are you, don't have a Non-imm B visa anyway, therefore even if this was true you couldn't use it cos you don't have a "B"...rolleyes.gif

Further on a B visa, or your re-entry permit does it even say it's a BOI company?, my re-entry permit just names the company and its written in pen.

If its not stated as a BOI company how would immigration even know its a BOI company ?

Me thinks someone is telling you porkies....thumbsup.gif ....if I am wrong I will with draw my remarks, with a thousand hail mary's

Non B visa are normally 1 year, but from BOI you get a 2 year Non-B visa. They have a special immigration center at Jamjuree Square.

That is my third extension of 2 years already.

When you get your 2 year visa from a BOI registered company, you can see it as the stamp is not the same as a normal one year NonB visa.

Thanks for the other answers which are useful to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

rolleyes.gif What do you refer to as "special cases".

I am "minimally impaired" .... due to a old leg accident years ago.... and I normally book a wheelchair when booking a flight at Suvarnabhumi.

I can confirm that you will usually be:

• Taken through the priority lanes at immigration. Both going out and on returning.
  • Go through the security search while others are still waiting.
  • Often they will just do a body search at security. If you can stand and walk they may make you walk through the scanner. But that is usually all the walking or standing.
  • You are then wheeled in your wheelchair to your flight gate.
  • You are boarded fist onto the plane.... with the business class passengers and the families with children.
  • Once you get off the plane there is a wheelchair there waiting for you. They wheel you through the immigration, priority arrival lane again.
  • They help you get your checked luggage, and wheel you and your luggage through customs.
  • If you need to exchange money, they will stop and wait for you at the money exchange.
  • And if you need to use the toilet, they will wheel you there.
  • And finally they will wheel you to get a taxi or if someone is meeting you they will wheel you to the meeting area.

I usually tip the Thai wheeling the chair between 500 and 1000 Baht, depending on what time it is, and how much luggage I have, You can tip him or her less , but hat's your option.

In addition, they will use the elevators/lifts so you don't have to climb stairs or use the escalators or moving walkways They have a special card that allows them to pass through the security doors without triggering an alarm that they were around their neck on a chain.

That's about as close to "priority service" as you will get as a 'cattle class" passenger.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

From 1 Feb. 2016, you need a letter for each time you travel from the BOI stating your name, passport number and flight details.

I went through the Premium lane last night on arrival and they have a photocopy of the letter on the premium lane immigration booths. they told me this is last time without the letter!

Wonder how the BOI is going to cope with this. I expect they wont.

In any case, the Premium lane is now more busy than the tourist lane with all of those given this "Privilege"!