2 of 3 Pattaya boat owners ignore announcement of new marine regulations

Rimmer

2 of 3 Pattaya boat owners ignore announcement of new marine regulations

n4Ronaki1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Only a third of area boat owners turned out to hear Pattaya officials announce their latest set of proposed marine regulations and details of a 31 million baht plan for buoys stretching from the mainland to Koh Larn.

City Councilman Sanit Boonmachai, who also heads the Pattaya Tour Boat Operators Club, said he was disappointed that only 100 of 300 local boat owners attended the May 19 city hall meeting. He said that shows operators aren’t willing to cooperate with city hall.

The meeting was, however, at least the sixth held in the past year to announce some form of new marine rules or initiatives.

The meeting was to preview regulations to control the speed and course of speedboats and designate specific areas for water sports other than swimming. Three speed-limit buoys and six navigational buoys are planned, as well as 21 buoys to demark zones for jet skis, banana boats, parasailing, scuba diving and sea walking.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/2-of-3-pattaya-boat-owners-ignore-announcement-of-new-marine-regulations-38022#sthash.IXV1YDlS.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-05-30 footer_n.gif

Call me silly, but why don't they just shut them down if they refuse to abide by the law? 100 out of 300 ignoring the rules should be an embarrassment to City Hall and the you know who family. I thought The Godfather and Sons had more control of things than that.

This place never ceases to amaze.

Call me silly, but why don't they just shut them down if they refuse to abide by the law? 100 out of 300 ignoring the rules should be an embarrassment to City Hall and the you know who family. I thought The Godfather and Sons had more control of things than that.

200 out of 300.....

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

• Like 1

Ok, you're silly. They did not refuse to follow the law, they just did not attend a meeting about it.

Ok, you're silly. They did not refuse to follow the law, they just did not attend a meeting about it.

Here I agree.

BTW, if you want more (most) owners at these meetings:

- hold meetings in the evening, not at hours where they are working,

- don't make them so frequently as every 2 months without some important reason