Prepared garlic in a tube

dru2

Does anyone know if tubes of prepared crushed garlic are available anywhere in Chiang Mai? Kind of like the Dolmio and other brands of tomato puree in a tube.... Lazy, I know, but quick and convenient.

Makro also sells fresh cleaned garlic in the produce dept by the kilo and you just gave me an idea of buying a half kilo and run it thru the blender into a paste and store it in a jar in the fridge. Wonder if it will keep it's color and flavor?? Thanks for the idea.

Makro also sells fresh cleaned garlic in the produce dept by the kilo and you just gave me an idea of buying a half kilo and run it thru the blender into a paste and store it in a jar in the fridge. Wonder if it will keep it's color and flavor?? Thanks for the idea.

Let me know, please! Love garlic, hate the cutting, pestle and mortar bit....

I love roasted garlic and just wrap whole heads that have been lightly salted and sprinkled with a little olive oil in tin foil and slowly bake them (toaster oven works great). After your home smells great and they are soft to the touch just let them cool and cut off the tops and squeeze out the garlic. I do a bunch at a time and store as jaideeguy suggests. They won't last forever but as you find new ways to utilize it your health and dinners will be better as it will get all used up. Use as you would the product the Op is seeking with no chemical and preservatives to worry about.

I love roasted garlic and just wrap whole heads that have been lightly salted and sprinkled with a little olive oil in tin foil and slowly bake them (toaster oven works great). After your home smells great and they are soft to the touch just let them cool and cut off the tops and squeeze out the garlic. I do a bunch at a time and store as jaideeguy suggests. They won't last forever but as you find new ways to utilize it your health and dinners will be better as it will get all used up. Use as you would the product the Op is seeking with no chemical and preservatives to worry about.

Wunderbar! Many thanks.