Morals right and wrong as to dog poisoning

Wow, this subject is almost as explosive as Thai women!

Anyway, if a dog were to bite someone close to me, I would make careful but definite plans to neutralize that dog, although not with poison. However, if the dog is just barking a lot and/or pooping on my property, I wouldn't take such drastic measures.

You know, if you can get yourself near enough to a bad dog in the daytime, where he can see you, just try picking up a rock and acting like you're gonna brain him with it. That might make him think twice about coming back.

• Like 1

Are you trying to be;

a.) A fool.

cool.png. A troll.

c.) A vicious animal abuser.

d.) All of the above.

Debating eco-freaks is like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

• Like 1

Are you trying to be;

a.) A fool.

cool.png. A troll.

d.) All of the above.

Debating eco-freaks is like trying to play chess with a pigeon it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

Vadimbz has a valid question. Why is it ok to kill soi rats, but not soi dogs? Besides subjective reasons such as the fact some people think dogs are cute and rats are not, is there some major difference between the two species?

My point is that I will deal with any infestation of my property — be it hogweed, snakes, dogs, bedbugs, termites, rats, or any other kind of pest — in the most efficient way. And dogs would be higher in my priority list (right after snakes), because unlike hogweed they can give you rabies along with handful of other nasty stuff, not to mention tearing your throat. It's not about morals, it's about risk management.

• Like 1

Not all dogs are soi dogs. A responsible dog owner may leave a door open and the dog gets out accidentaly.

Well that's a contradictory quote if I've ever seen one...

A "responsible dog owner" that forgets to close the gate???

It's like the "responsible parent" that forgets to close the door to the swimming pool...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Are you trying to be;

a.) A fool.

cool.png. A troll.

d.) All of the above.

Debating eco-freaks is like trying to play chess with a pigeon it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

Vadimbz has a valid question. Why is it ok to kill soi rats, but not soi dogs? Besides subjective reasons such as the fact some people think dogs are cute and rats are not, is there some major difference between the two species?
He asked me about bed bugs. Why don't you make a new thread about cruelty to bed bugs and get off my backside. ;) Edited by neverdie

Wow, this subject is almost as explosive as Thai women!

Anyway, if a dog were to bite someone close to me, I would make careful but definite plans to neutralize that dog, although not with poison. However, if the dog is just barking a lot and/or pooping on my property, I wouldn't take such drastic measures.

You know, if you can get yourself near enough to a bad dog in the daytime, where he can see you, just try picking up a rock and acting like you're gonna brain him with it. That might make him think twice about coming back.

Good man !

Conclusion

Is that the public of expats In samui on here are about 50 50 as to poisoning to protect your property and family

Though I take it that most people do not really want to hurt dogs for the sale of it but some might take more extreme action than others but too be honest personally I reckon that soi dogs are a problem and should not be poisoned but taken to a nice place to die happily

If someone is against this then they need to take full responsibility on adopting the dog. Injecting it, putting it in a fully walled compound and feed it and make it their own

Which sounds easy but try it for a while it is not as easy as it seems

The alternative is to buy a cheap bit of land

Wall it and round them all up and dump them there out of harms way

Then shall have to be reasonable for feeding them

If I won the lottery I would buy a big price of jungle land and let them run free around living withe the wild life in a semi national park where dogs are protected by the land owner

Would let people in at their own risk

That's my personal take but until I won the lottery. Having them out down in a human way seems to be the most resourceful way

Even if I had my own dog park I would still shoot the older dogs to keep the population fare

They do this in England with the queens park deer

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The topic of stray dogs and cats is one worth discussing and addressing; however, IMHO, the question of poisoning the dogs is purely idiotic. If I was you I worry more about your kids ingesting poison than them putting 'dog shit in their eyes.'

• Like 1

=BIG C=

Disgusting thread and a disgusting OP = BIG C. sorry for that great Company,

that you besmirch their name, with your dirt!

Your thread, your ideas and you, belong here, joerg.gif

I did not read that thread! vomit.gif

post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg

=BIG C=

Oh dear Big C... seems you have upset a couple of idio... sorry... people. Being a platinum member should (I would think) equate to an experienced poster/post reader... apparently not though. With respect ALFREDO (ALL CAPITALS... SHOUTING!), may I suggest you read the original post... then you will see how 'out of order' you are being to our beloved Big C! ... Great post Big C.... a full 7 pages! he he... Me? I've bought a BB gun... works a treat... still got to get that F****R that runs after me when I ride up my soi... a growling bike chaser! There is a plastic pellet with his name on it (well, there would be if it had a name!)... still 'Mad Dog' will do I suppose, if I can write it small enough! His time will come!

• Like 2

Oh dear Big C... seems you have upset a couple of idio... sorry... people.

You Old Hippi, do not smoke so strong things!

I read,

"poison should be laid deep inside your land where you have made it very clear that no dogs are aloud"

Sure enough the village dogs, nerly all are straying around, -I live in Isaan village- know that = "have made it very clear that no dogs are aloud"

I had expensive big pure breed dogs and I made a fence, so I would not come into trouble or loose them!

"It seems harsh as it is not the dogs fault but to I have any rights of my own"

You have the right to make a fence, =cheap charly=!

"To make sure my kids don't get bite or they pick up dog shit and put it in there eye"

I have 5 sons 6 - 24 y. young and all grew and grow up with dogs! Had not one who did something like that! blink.png

"Not being funny but my home is he one place I want to keep safe from the out doors"

Drink less beer, make a fence!

"Not going to do this"

'Then again if a trespasser was to trespass I would like to treat them in the same way"

Just B..l s..t ! bah.gif

Conclusion

Is that the public of expats In samui on here are about 50 50 as to poisoning to protect your property and family

Though I take it that most people do not really want to hurt dogs for the sale of it but some might take more extreme action than others but too be honest personally I reckon that soi dogs are a problem and should not be poisoned but taken to a nice place to die happily

If someone is against this then they need to take full responsibility on adopting the dog. Injecting it, putting it in a fully walled compound and feed it and make it their own

If I won the lottery I would buy a big price of jungle land and let them run free around living withe the wild life in a semi national park where dogs are protected by the land owner

That's my personal take but until I won the lottery. Having them out down in a human way seems to be the most resourceful way

Even if I had my own dog park I would still shoot the older dogs to keep the population fare

They do this in England with the queens deer park

Thoughts by Big C:

"I have no intention of building a fence around my property because the posters on TV should build it for me. So my only remaining option is to win the lottery so I can buy some jungle land and build a big wall around it and put all the dogs into it and feed them and then cull the animals like a deer park in GB. Yeah, thats the ticket, thats my only option. I am Big C and I have alot of common sense."

Your brain works in mysterious ways, Big C.

• Like 2

Nice twist there to make me look foolish I laughed myself silly

I was actually in case it was not obvious dreaming as if money was not an option

I don't want people to build a wall for me but people are telling me I should build a wall but I don't want to but if someone wants to build me one then I would not say no

A bit like if someone told me to buy myself a gold bar

I would not be able to afford it

But if someone that has a problem with me not having one then they can happily buy one for me

Compared to my dream as if money did not exist I would eat gold and breath fire because that's my dream but at the moment I am stuck with being super hands

Conclusion

They do this in England with the queens deer park

Thoughts by Big C:

"I have no intention of building a fence around my property because the posters on TV should build it for me. So my only remaining option is to win the lottery so I can buy some jungle land and build a big wall around it and put all the dogs into it and feed them and then cull the animals like a deer park in GB. Yeah, thats the ticket, thats my only option. I am Big C and I have alot of common sense."

Your brain works in mysterious ways, Big C.

Sorry but you are winding me up now

So I should build a fence to protect other people's dogs

If you have nothing to worry about as your dogs are fenced in then why would you care if I have one or not

If I am a cheap charley and a few hundred grand is nothing to you then just give it to me then job done

U call me a cheap Charlie because for some un known reason I don't want to through a few hundred grand on my place just to protect or from blood annoying dogs

Let me make this simple

Dog owners an build walls then they won't have to worry abor going onto other people's land

Soi dogs should be waisted

I mean how many if is in our own country see this amount of soi dogs

We don't because had this been in a first work country they would all be long dead plus it is against their religion but that's up to them

I reckon if people cannot understand my point then all the answer they shall get from me fro know shall be rubbish as my point has been made many times

If cannot understand me then maybe you have a brain of a dog which would explain why u r so offended

Also how u know what beer I drink

For all u know I could be a amputee with 1 led and a hook for a hand

Normally people with lack of intelligence cannot weigh up the difference between right and wrong due to not having enough brain cells to reason with good day or good night and if you don't want me to speak like this then do not call me a cheap Charlie as it is a world that only cheap Charlie's use

Used to have an ex misses who used to ask me for money all the time

Parted with a fortune and she always used to call me a cheap Charlie even when I did not have the money to give her

A bit like a female dog

Oh dear Big C... seems you have upset a couple of idio... sorry... people.

You Old Hippi, do not smoke so strong things!

I read,

"poison should be laid deep inside your land where you have made it very clear that no dogs are aloud"

Sure enough the village dogs, nerly all are straying around, -I live in Isaan village- know that = "have made it very clear that no dogs are aloud"

I had expensive big pure breed dogs and I made a fence, so I would not come into trouble or loose them!

"It seems harsh as it is not the dogs fault but to I have any rights of my own"

You have the right to make a fence, =cheap charly=!

"To make sure my kids don't get bite or they pick up dog shit and put it in there eye"

I have 5 sons 6 - 24 y. young and all grew and grow up with dogs! Had not one who did something like that! blink.png

"Not being funny but my home is he one place I want to keep safe from the out doors"

Drink less beer, make a fence!

"Not going to do this"

'Then again if a trespasser was to trespass I would like to treat them in the same way"

Just B..l s..t ! bah.gif

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app Edited by BigC

After having had my chief dog poisoned and after the trauma of nursing him back to health I posted the following notice on all of the fences around my property........

"IF I CATCH YOU I WILL FEED YOU YOUR OWN BAIT"....seems to have done the trick! Fence your property! sad.png

Is yours fenced adequately to stop your dogs roaming, do they bark in a frenzy at all hours of the night?

• Like 1

Poisoning, unless you are have a in depth knowledge of poisons is a cruel and painful way to kill a dog or any living creature for that matter. To even consider doing it to something which is not even a real threat to you or your kids makes me think you a disturbed individual.

There is a 'real' threat.

It's called Toxocara canis and can lead to blindness.....also echinococcus and other diseases too.

This being said , the streets are full of dogshit anyway...so we are all exposed more or less.

Yes I know someone that has that

Also for dog

Lovers if you let your dog run wild outside your house then it is not list poison it has to worry about

Being run over,

Catching a desease called demodex where there is a bug that lives in buffalow shit them attaches to tje dogs skin and like a parasite it eats the dogs skin

You can never get rid of it only 60 per cent and it shall need constant care all it's life

Plus good point about the barking they should really not only be in a walled compound but specially at night time they should be inside the house ( that's where they want to be )

In fact the barking is what is making my customers crazy and there there is nothing I can do apart from watch them leave over some mut

Actually was looking at the photos of when my last dog was poisoned

It is wrong

Either put them down in a human way or don't poison is horrible for a dog no matter how bad their owners are

• Like 1

if you do not read this thread then you seem to have made it around page 7 so you seem to be very interested

Now the people you are telling to not read this thread might be too late as they would have to read the thread to read your words which is counter productive

On another note changing that topic

If your dog is poisoned I am up for promoting awareness please set up a video camera to capture the poor animals final moments

People need to see how badly the animal is effected by this poison before they make that choice

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things that need to be done and unfortunately from looking at videos and my previous dogs death

Poison should only be used in extreme cases normally when the dog has gone completely crazy and is in a place that is hard to compromise

I would not lay poison on my land

I would however depending on the situation find another way to make it go away

I am not going to spend 100 or 1 million baht on building a wall

I might use a BB gun to warn it off

If I lose a customer due to other people's bad handling of their animals then I shall cross that bridge when it comes

The same way I would deal with a kareeokee bar if one was to open near me

From driving around I have seen some dogs that defiantly need to be put down

Also if I had a choice a dogs life of mine or my family then the dogs takes a very lowesy 2nd place

Dogs can be great pets if treated right and looked after right

If you chose to have a big dog then I suggest having it trained up in Manam to avoid a dog bite on a person or a chicken bite

The man up there in Manam knows his business and can stop a dog from wanting to attack chickens

Also guard dogs are ok if trained right

But remember dogs are not cheap they need allot of looking after which is why allot get neglected and thrown away into the street once the reality of having a dog kicks in

=BIG C=

Big C just asked a question about poisoning but for the most part I agree with his sentiments in excess of that. Local's know exactly where I stand on it so they call their dogs in when I pass because they know, fully, that I will end their life if I feel threatened.

• Like 1

Some forum members need to be realistic and realise that if your dog is continually annoying or menacing people, it's going to be killed. Dogs are not people and do not have any rights. They are dangerous animals that can kill people. If you want to have a pet dog, it is your responsibility to make sure it doesn't roam around causing trouble. If your dog barks its head off all day and you ignore neighbours' request to deal with it, don't be surprised if it gets dealt with for you.

Edited by pokerspiv
  • Like 2

The same way I would deal with a kareeokee bar if one was to open near me

I would not have thought of that. Just a hint. Dogs like chicken soup better than lady drinks.

• Like 1

More on Russian dog hunters — just feel like telling the story
First there's the enviroment: it's nothing like samui — poorly planned, overpopulated multimillion city with inadequate infrastructure, very depressing, and depressed.
Obviously neither local, not central govts don't care much for stray dogs, so they run and breed... erm... astray. Plus there are dumb forks who buy fighting breeds, but don't know a xxx about handling them, so people occasionally die from their teeth.

Why is your pitbul not wearing a muzzle, or a dog lead for that matter?blink.png
Don't worry, he won't bite youlaugh.png

Like hell it will. So dog haters (dog hunters actually) emerged as sorta grassroots movement with a cause, they hunt stray dogs with various weapons (they call it population control), seed "hot" spots with poisoned baits.

They even have leadership, spokespeople who sound very convincing, and scientific for an undemanding ear, and even some sort of legal registration. Evidently there are message boards for discussion of baits, poisons, crossbows, airguns, and stuff like that. DH claim that domestic dogs are safe as long as they wear a muzzle, and are supervised, but shit happens, and happens A LOT. E.g. a smarter dog can bite through muzzle, or take it off to reach that delicious bait, owners of smaller breeds tend to ditch the whole muzzle thing, etc.

Owners of poisoned dogs are the first group after dog hunters' asses. Also there are people who perceive them as dangerous sadistic crackpots with longbows, and eco-freaks, who just can't stay away, and they all join forces to hunt the dog hunters like dogs they are. As the result the intermittent warfare between dog hunters and dog lovers lasts for several years now. Mechanics are kinda funny: when one group manages to deanonimise a prominent or not so prominent member of another (deanon methods are numerous and cunning, but usually involve fake female profile), then they burn their car, and after that the other group retaliates with the same medicine.

Sometimes people get beaten, and/or humiliated, but nobody died yet as far as I know, though at least three cars went up in smoke only in my small neighborhood within last 12 months. This sounds like a Sartre novel, but it's true. Prooflinks on Russian are at your dispoal upon request =)

Edited by Rooo
Spacing for ease of reading.

Actually was looking at the photos of when my last dog was poisoned

It is wrong

Either put them down in a human way or don't poison is horrible for a dog no matter how bad their owners are

BigC,

I can't imagine what I would do if a dog of mine were poisoned.

I am sure sorry to hear you & your dog had to experience that.

Hopefully there is karma.

• Like 1