Airport transfer

y2k

First visit to Pattaya and staying in Central Pattaya at the Mercure Pattaya hotel. Would it be advisable to book airport transfer with the hotel or can I get there easily with other options at the airport?

Follow the public taxi signs to the ground floor, set price is 1500 Baht, don't get distracted by other transport operators as I think more expensive & have a map of hotel location or at least hotel phone number, guarantee driver will need it

Edited by age4short
  • Like 1

Or take the Bell Travel bus door to door for 250B.

https://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

Call me retarded but I can't make the website spit out a quote for the airport pick-up. I've sent them an email.

Here is some info---

• Coach/Van schedule:
  • 08:00/10:00/12:00/14:00/16:00/18:00
  • Coach/Van fare:
  • Book via website = THB 230/person
    Buy ticket at counter = THB 250/person
  • Pick-up Location:
  • Our staff will be at “Pattaya” counter on Level 1, Gate no.8. Our Coach will depart from Level 1 outside Gate no 8.The Arrival Terminal is on Level 2 where a passenger has to take escalator or elevator down one floor in order to meet our staff.Our staff’s contact numbers are +66(0) 84-427-4606
  • Duration:
  • Total estimate travel time is 2 hours (depending on traffic).

That's very helpful thanks. Out of interest would a taxi take 2 hours too?

Taxi will be a little quicker because with the Bell bus you do transfer to a smaller minivan in Pattaya for the final leg to your destination.

It has occurred to me that replies to my OP are related to transfers Bangkok to Pattaya. I was only asking for transfers from Pattaya airport to the Mercure hotel IN PATTAYA - ha ha ha!

It has occurred to me that replies to my OP are related to transfers Bangkok to Pattaya. I was only asking for transfers from Pattaya airport to the Mercure hotel IN PATTAYA - ha ha ha!

Pattaya itself does not have a full-sized airport. There is a full-sized airport at U-tapao some 40km away but this is not busy and is generally used by charter flights.

Most people visiting Pattaya by plane will do so either from Suvarnabhumi airport (international flights) or Don Mueang (domestic flights). Bell Travel runs from BKK (Suvarnabhumi) to Pattaya.

If you really want to get from U-tapao to Pattaya then you will either have to arrange a taxi from Pattaya in advance or take your chances with the local mafia on arrival. Or use local transport to get to the main road outside the airport from where you can catch a bus to Pattaya.

Edited by KittenKong

By local mafia I assume you mean that they are likely to scam me. So there are no legit taxis operating from the airport?

Last time I came thru there a couple of years ago there were mini buses waiting---no problem 200 or 250 baht ?

Time before that - I pre-booked a seat in Phuket on a Bangkok Airways bus--about the same price--did'nt do that last time as I left in a hurry

By local mafia I assume you mean that they are likely to scam me. So there are no legit taxis operating from the airport?

Mafia is a generic term often used for the cartel price-fixing systems that are prevalent in Thailand. It doesnt mean that they are all actually total crooks.

Taxis in Bangkok mostly use meters but in Pattaya they rarely (never?) do and so everything has to be negotiated. At U-tapao there probably wont be any proper taxis at all but you will find bahtbuses and minivans as mentioned, though the prices will probably be higher than they should be for a trip of that duration. Get out to the main road and you will find regular big buses going to Pattaya for a standard fixed fare, and regular minivans for a standard fare also.

Are you certain that you are actually going to U-tapao? Few people do (except on charter flights).