Thai Embassy issues warning to Sweden-bound berry pickers

webfact

Did I just read yesterday the same about Hawaii and Thai Citizens filed suit and won from five companies in Hawaii ? Guess it is time to move the suit to Sweden, I have always held the Swedens in high replact, I am suprised about this.

With reference to the post about the Thai Gentleman working in Taiwan, I do respect those people and hold them in much higher regard than their "Main Land Comrades". I wish China would leave them alone. In 1955 Mao was glad to get rid of them and now they are a financial superpower, China says we never let them go, BS !!

All Swedish nationals should bow their heads in shame, why does their government allow this to happen. bah.gif

Do you think that all Thais should "bow their heads in shame" for what is happens to Burmese people that are slaving on Thai fishingboats. bah.gif

Also should all Thais should "bow their heads in shame" for what is happens with Thais scamming tourists?

I am sure your country have someting that you should bow your head in shame for.

Edited by Skywalker69

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oldsailor35

post #53

Compare to Seychelles Sweden is a big country, compare to Denmark and 55 other countrys Sweden is a small country. I am swedish and to me Sweden is a small country.

If you compare Sweden to Denmark (main land only, excluding Greenland and Faroe Islands) then Sweden is a big country.

Denmark 43,094 sq.km. (ranked 133 in the world and 30 in Europe)

Sweden 450,295 sq.km. (ranked 56 in the world and 5 in Europe)

Finnmark county (fylke) in far north Norway is even larger, even by land area only, 45,757 sq.km.

oldsailor35

post #53

Compare to Seychelles Sweden is a big country, compare to Denmark and 55 other countrys Sweden is a small country. I am swedish and to me Sweden is a small country.

If you compare Sweden to Denmark (main land only, excluding Greenland and Faroe Islands) then Sweden is a big country.

Finnmark county (fylke) in far north Norway is even larger, even by land area only, 45,757 sq.km.

As Greenland and Faroe Islands is danish territory it can´t be excluded.

oldsailor35

post #53

As Greenland and Faroe Islands is danish territory it can´t be excluded.

lol. Of course we can and should exclude them. Where else do we include Greenland and Faroe Islands with Denmark (except in some rare political situation)?

Ok then. Sweden is tiny compared to Denmark (incl. Greenland and Faroe Islands) and Norway (incl. Queen Maud Land, Bouvet Island, Svalbard and Jan Mayen).

Greenland over 2 million sq.km. (Making Denmark the 12th largest country by area)

Queen Maud Land over 2,7 million sq.km. (Making Norway the 8 largest country by area)

But we don`t include them.

Risks include encounter with wild bears.

Hilarious! cheesy.gif An encounter with wild bears is less likely to happen than being struck with lightning.

Get some knowledge before you talks!!!

http://www.thelocal.se/20131020/50898

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bear-cubs-killed-sweden-after-attack-elderly-man-1448098

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5858957

Why do they have to pay an agent 100k to get a job.

Why can't these agents be removed from the process? Duh.....

My friend is in the business.He went to Vietnam to source workers directly.On His third day and second village,His car was pulled over and His translator was shot in the head, in front of Him. So Duh...

The 100K Baht agents fee is pretty much average for Thais working overseas whether it be Sweden, Japan, Taiwan, Israel etc. It covers visas, flights and other costs involved in the applicant getting the work.

The Thais generally know the first year is payback and they do not start accumulating funds until into the 2nd and subsiquent years.

TW's brother worked in a tyre plant in Taiwan for 4 years at the end of which he had saved enough to buy 40 Rai of land (now under rubber) and 2nd hand pickup. Came home for about 2 weeks every year.

My GF's sister is in Taiwan at the moment, been there 2 years and making not enough to pay back the bank loans for the recruitment agent and the visa. She cannot afford to come home. The conditions are worse than promised as overtime is not paid like promised. If you have any directions to more reputable places of employment in Taiwan for Thai nationals I would be most appreciative as I would like to pass them on. She is in serious trouble over there, practically indentured and working like a slave. Feel free to PM me

I have no idea, that's exactly what the agencies are for. If she is getting screwed over a complaint should be lodged with her current agent and maybe a copy sent to the Thai consultant in Taiwan. Needless to say she will probably get fired by the "Slave Drivers".

Did I just read yesterday the same about Hawaii and Thai Citizens filed suit and won from five companies in Hawaii ? Guess it is time to move the suit to Sweden, I have always held the Swedens in high replact, I am suprised about this.

With reference to the post about the Thai Gentleman working in Taiwan, I do respect those people and hold them in much higher regard than their "Main Land Comrades". I wish China would leave them alone. In 1955 Mao was glad to get rid of them and now they are a financial superpower, China says we never let them go, BS !!

All Swedish nationals should bow their heads in shame, why does their government allow this to happen. bah.gif

You really think the Swedish government allow this to happen?

You really really think that is the case?