cheapest safe way ship personal belongings to Malaysia?

hermespan

My case was Malaysia to Thailand. Used postal parcel service, had to pack everything by myself, took around 20 days to be door delivered, way cheaper than the private couriers.

This tangent is interesting if irrelevant. I also posted FROM Malaysia, several boxes by air and one by sea. Sea took three months to west coast of Canada. Airmail was all over the place 1-3 weeks.

Shall we get back on track?

THAILAND -> MALAYSIA cheap and reliable, ideally few add on fees and Customs hassles for guy at other end.

Shall we get back on track?

How different do you think it would be for the reverse route? We explored every other option and they turned out to be expensive. And between Thailand and Malaysia, it's mostly by road than by ship.

Could be so, but not neccessarily. Condider the difference between mailing from Canada to Singapore (expensive) vs. the reverse (cheap).

BTW, I just noticed this post from yesterday DID take, so this is a duplicate post. Moderators might wish to delete/merge. Or is protocol for me to delete this one and leave the one from today in another forum?

One service eliminated...

DHL

Box #9, 541 X 444 X 409 cm of mm? (not stated)

max 25 kilos

to anywhere in Mskaysia. ( mh guess PENINSULAR Malaysia) THB4393

2-3 days

I am looking more along the line of 2-3 weeks for THB 1500

Since I have between 75 and 125 kilos I think it might be cheaper and simpler to sponsor a friend's trip to Malaysua and split the luggage. In two trips.

Another option to explore is Malaysian Airlines, 3OK allowance then RM30 per 5 kilos excess baggage. So if I've done my sums right, which might be doubtful considering the somewhat depleted bottle of Four Roses in front of me, it would work out at around 6000 THB for 100 Kilo excess ?

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/en/corporate-info/press-room/2013/malaysia-airlines-offers-higher-checked-baggage-allowances.html

Edited by roamer