Thai rice miller gets 20 years in jail for rice pledging frauds

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done! Can't wait for more convictions to be handed down. This rice scam has cost us taxpayers a lot of money. It's time people went to jail.

Yes, well done, but lets be sure these people that get convicted are not scapegoats for someone higher up.

I think it odd that a group of yokel farmers (with what sort of legal representation?) who conspired to defraud the government get probation; Governments do not usually take kindly when their coffers are pilfered.....unless there is someone higher up the chain and this is all for show. "Look! We got convictions! All the money was stolen by the likes of these farmers.".

These "Yokel" farmers as you call them were smart enough to see profit in the failed scheme ;)

• Like 1

Twenty years with no probation for fraud. That's a tough deal.

Now I wonder if he might be interested in being given a whistle to blow......?

I suspect that this is exactly how the sh1t is going to start going uphill...!

Give a guy 20 years and I suspect he is going to be pretty keen to start naming those further up the chain. Jail the next guy up, and so on it goes, until they get right to the very top, yes, you guessed it, KhunT...!!

If he started doing that he could possibly commit suicide while in police custody.

And what about the real corrupt masterminds? Will they ever get arrested,... the millers take all the blame on behalf of the TRUE rice pledging mafia big boss...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

20 years in jail for 750 tons x THB15,000/ton = about 11 million baht

I can see the miller will be singing like a canary, which in no time, should shake out the mastermind(s) behind the scheme! Hopefully, it will connect all the dots to the ex-commerce minster, because it sure stank to high heaven when this rice scam was in effect!

I think you are bang on. The whistleblowers are filling their lungs for sure.

• Like 1

Well done! Can't wait for more convictions to be handed down. This rice scam has cost us taxpayers a lot of money. It's time people went to jail.

Yes, well done, but lets be sure these people that get convicted are not scapegoats for someone higher up.

I think it odd that a group of yokel farmers (with what sort of legal representation?) who conspired to defraud the government get probation; Governments do not usually take kindly when their coffers are pilfered.....unless there is someone higher up the chain and this is all for show. "Look! We got convictions! All the money was stolen by the likes of these farmers.".

These "Yokel" farmers as you call them were smart enough to see profit in the failed scheme wink.png

And dumb enough to take part in it

• Like 1

"The nine farmers were sentenced to six months in prison for the frauds. But they were given two years probation for the imprisonment sentence."

They were complicit and an integral part of the fraud....they got a tickle party and the miller got the brunt of it, should have been the same across the board.

• Like 2