Cambodian labour exodus from Thailand continues today

Lite Beer

it is a good thing what the Thai police and Army do? OMG before you writing such stupid comments get some information,

Thailand was the only country (I repeat for you the only COUNTRY) what vote against the "Punishment of persons who profit from human trafficking"

in the UN General Assembly last week.

This shows clear what illegal workers can expect in Thailand, every week this workers get killed by thai people for joke, like happend in PTY now, a

volleyball team beat a Cambodian worker to death without any reason on his way to 7/11, he was working next to my condo construction,

I can see like the police put all their forces in getting this Thais.

Censored Press without any real News only News for Happiness and Show, why they should trust anybody in Thailand? Do You really trust this Junta?

I thought Thai are not good educated and can not see the Reallity but it seems also the Farangs believe in the censored press, may be to many Americans and British here, they believe their press and goverment everything, even for the price of a war

Actually Thailand reversed their vote.
Wouldn't that of amounted to a loss off face. I opened up a whole can of worms when I said I wanted 2 fries and not 3 at McD's...
  • Like 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Thai employers will have to pay a living wage to Thai people, instead of slave wages to illegal workers.
Bingo.....

And with that will come higher export and domestic costs.

Last thing a country dependent on immigrants needs is a sudden massive drop in semi skilled labour overnight before training a domestic one. With virtually 100% employment too that is going to be a rather hard gap to fill with whos left out of work.

There isn't virtually 100% employment by a normal.western measure, and it is by making companies pay 300 that they will be compelled to improve and increase efficiency.

It is the same problem in the UK with a limitless supply of minimum wage workers from Europe. There is no need to increase productivity, because the supply of labour at the lowest end is very large.

It is essentially impossible to reach full employment because the supply extends beyond your own population. The point of economic development is not to keep filling minimum wage jobs with foreign employees.

I don't see the benefit in filling hundreds of thousands of jobs with low end foreigners. Great, your condo got cheaper. And it doesn't go up in value either because the labour to produce it stays at 300 baht forever.

Its about who is prepared to do what job for how much, the reason for migrant workers in most of the world is the same, to keep costs down. You increase efficiency usually but cutting labour costs or you pay less, moreover. What really happens is you just usually pay less people. There is something to be said for mass human labour industries, they hold jobs. Mechanised factories do not. This is indeed the reason Europe has an open door policy on labour migration. The rich nations are using the low economic ones for their labour. Which of course benefits both, if transient there is nothing wrong with it until all economies become equal itll always happen.

What your going into at the end is serious economics and inflation.The problem is with ever increasing profits not the costs that require more each quarter, it is not the wages as they could go up with profits every quarter by splitting the added profit with wages without it affecting price but they dont. Because profits are more important than wages. Profits should not be climbing quarter on quarter year in year out. Its unsustainable for one thing and profits should be capped at a max % but of course they arnt. Greed keeps wages low more than anything else.

The choice for low salary workers or not is real simple, profit or responsibility which comes first ? While its the former there will always be low wage workers and even when being responsible there will still have to be lower wage workers simply to keep prices at the level so those same lower wage workers can afford to eat.

I am not an advocate or inflation at all, It is a way to take people's wealth from them without having to openly raise taxes. Inflation is the most universal tax of all. It is a fallacy that inflation is good, all it means is your fiat currency and your own value is becoming worthless. I dont care if my condo dosnt go anywhere in price if other prices are relatively stable too. Deflation btw is only bad to bankers and the pursuit of profits it isnt bad for peoples spending costs at all, in fact no one ever complained about something getting cheaper and no business ever went under for breaking even, But thats a whole other topic

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Why would they want to leave?? Can't they see we are all so happy?? laugh.png

These people would rather go back to Hun Sen and a military junta in Myanmar than stay in Thailand. It speaks volumes.

Now farang, tell me about your struggles under democracy in Pattaya, Phuket, Sukhumvit, Hua Hin...who will build your condos and clean your floors now??

"build and clean" very loose terms from what I see.............more like throw up and wipe with dirty rag would be more descriptive.

Hmmm we'll they would be legal if they had done things the right way. If they did not do things the right way they are criminals anyway. And last but not least the US needs a simple work permit system that has nothing to do with citizenship. You work then go home when the job is no longer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand