Dead Italian Man Washes up on Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Italian Body Washes up on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA-June 14, 2014 [PDN];- at 03.00 am. Pol.Lt.Sanan Kotanon-inspector of Pattaya police station- was notified that a foreigner had been found dead on Pattaya Nua beach. After notification the police were accompanied with Sawang Borriboon rescue team and rushed to the scene.
At the scene they found the body of MR.ANTONIO LARDO aged 66 from Italy. The body had been washed up on the beach. He had also sustained a 3 cm wound to his forehead and they expected that he had been dead for around 2 hours.

Upon questioning Mr Natthawut Chaloempong 26 year old witness he told police that he seen MR.ANTONIO laying down in front of a grocery 3 days ago and MR.ANTONIO looked stressed.

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-06-15

Sad story.

Thai News says; < snip >

Can somebody translate this headline?

Do they really call Italians Macaroni? < snip > = Macaroni. I hope only the translation is wrong.

Edited by metisdead
Thai language edited out of post. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.

My girlfriend just translated it for me as something like: "Old macaroni guy die on pattaya beach",. Apparantly thais like to make comparisons, like italian = pasta-macaroni, not exactly politically correct but not very surprising... coffee1.gif

Edited by DonThaiToMe
  • Like 1

That a normal thing in Thai newspapers. Every country has it's special naming (Germany is the land of beer, France the land of perfume Russians a the polar beers and Italy is the land of macaroni (I don't tell about the English, because this must be reviewed 555)) This is especially used for things about sports)

Later in the article, the write about the origin in a normal way. I think the Thais doesn't think this is something evil.

I think the Italien guy did celebrated the victory yesterday a bit to much, didn't he?

Thais insist on visitors being polite and respectful, yet seem to have trouble understanding that they must do the same in return.

I walked into an intenet cafe the other day and there's a giant swastika (no, it wasn't a buddhist symbol) on the wall, how infuriating.

Different interpretations of what's polite and respectful, I suppose.

the only, that can expect to keep their dignity are raped women, where normally name and picture isn't published in the news. For all the others: You have to expect, that you will make it to the news with full name, picture, and address. Even if you are the victim. And that your are maybe mentioned as a kangaroo even if you plunge from a 21th floor Pattaya hotel balcony. That's Thailand.

Edited by Taunusianer

So then next time an American washes up on shore are they going to have a headline "Cowboy hangs up his boots for the last time" what morons. Just goes to show you the lever of journalism the Thais have come to Typical third world mentality and lever of writing as well.

Thanks for that Taunusianer, I thought it was hilarious---the list I mean , not the dead Macaroni.........R.I.P

Germans equal --- Beer........w00t.gif

Now I know why they say Jing Joe when I say from Australia, I thought they must have seen that on T.V. but no its their nik-name for Aussies

I am at a loss for the Dan Adonis---for Indonesia...whats that connection..???