Local Thai officials, community leaders in North found involved in drug trafficking

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The question is not why they were involved in drug dealing. The question should be why were they only arrested AFTER the 22nd of May?

That should be the question and that is what should be investigated on all these miraculous break throughs that have progressed with aggressive efficiency that were in a stagnate state PRE 22nd of May.

Or to put it the other way around the previous senior police should be investigated for dereliction of duty.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is not why they were involved in drug dealing. The question should be why were they only arrested AFTER the 22nd of May?

That should be the question and that is what should be investigated on all these miraculous break throughs that have progressed with aggressive efficiency that were in a stagnate state PRE 22nd of May.

They are still not arrested. Both sides of the divide have been harvesting big profits from the Golden Triangle since before the Vietnam conflict.

It is hilariously contradictory that Thaksin haters point out extra judicial killings to stop the meth trade was horrendous and then simultaneously say he was involved in drug smuggling.

During the extra judicial killings it was easier to find a virgin in a Pattaya bar than find a methamphetamine dealer in Bangkok. I have seen what meth (yaba) does to people who become addicted to it. People who sell meth should be shot.

It is refreshing to see you admit that Thaksin was involved in extra judicial killings. I was beginning to think that you surmised 2500-2800 people had committed suicide out of regret

At the time of the extra judicial killings nobody gave a flying "you know what" about shot (better: murdered) dealers. Very, very few post in this forum mentioned it. And later Thaksin was convicted only to get his money and not because of the killings. I am happy to see that at least a few people think that fundamental rights are for everybody, even dealers. Unfortunately, I am rather convinced that, had all this been discovered in Bangkok or the south or even within the military, the general attitude in this forum would be completely different.

Is anyone surprised in such a lawless country ? I think it is of great concern that they are not only 'proven' to be involved in drug trafficking (will we see evidence to support this? ) but that it would appear nobody has actually been arrested according to this report. If this country is ever going to clean itself up they had better start building new prisons in many Province's and arrest such people, take them through courts of law, and bang them up for considerable amounts of time. Until people in senior positions are dealt with very harshly there will be no deterent to others who want to join the ranks of serial offenders.

How many times do we see the powers that be in this country (whoever they may be ) 'talk the talk' but almost never 'walk the walk' when it comes to upholding the law ?

We are indeed lucky to have the Army.

Look at what they have accomplished in 25 days starting with nothing.

Give them time and you won't recognize the country.

Local Thai officials, community leaders in North found involved in drug trafficking

Isn't that all red shirt country?

The capital of the new nation that the red shirts were proposing to form.

The homeland of the Shinawatra clan.

They are still not arrested. Both sides of the divide have been harvesting big profits from the Golden Triangle since before the Vietnam conflict.

It is hilariously contradictory that Thaksin haters point out extra judicial killings to stop the meth trade was horrendous and then simultaneously say he was involved in drug smuggling.

During the extra judicial killings it was easier to find a virgin in a Pattaya bar than find a methamphetamine dealer in Bangkok. I have seen what meth (yaba) does to people who become addicted to it. People who sell meth should be shot.

Alright, fair enough, but wouldn't it make sense to have some sort of judicial procedure beforehand (even according to Thai "Justice" standards)? Apart from the fact that I am absolutely against death penalty, I always thought that this "crack down" on dealers was more about taking care of the competition than actually fighting drugs. BTW, the same thing might happen right now (only with fewer shot people).

Edited by jope

It is refreshing to see you admit that Thaksin was involved in extra judicial killings. I was beginning to think that you surmised 2500-2800 people had committed suicide out of regret

Just a thought and probably not a good one. But could not extra judicial killings be just the name given to a system to get rid of the competition. If I recall there was a little less than 1,500 who were innocent the others were guilty.

"summon them for talks before transferring them out of the areas". blink.png

Is that a joke ? How about striping them of their positions and sending them to jail where every other person in this country would be sent for the same crime.

Lengthy prison sentences are only for the major traffickers like Ms Yu Yee. whistling.gif

Exactly. What did she have ? Less than a gram ?

251 milligrams..........major trafficker ?thumbsup.gif

Come on guys..... coming from the airport and in many other places I see warnings on big billboards that drug trafficking results in a death penalty and not in just a transfer. Or is the latter for thais only and the...........

Didn't they have a war on drugs a few years ago and eradicate the drug problem? Will these 100 get the bullet to the head from the men in black? whistling.gif

I think that "war on drugs" was really "war on competitors".

Also a war on political opponents, random members of the public, and drug users at drop-in centres. The dealers continued dealing. It was a PR exercise and the killings were all extra-judicial. More than 2500 souls were murdered for which Thaksin has not yet accepted responsibility.

Just a thought and probably not a good one. But could not extra judicial killings be just the name given to a system to get rid of the competition. If I recall there was a little less than 1,500 who were innocent the others were guilty.

Guilty? Without a trial? Without public evidence? Innocent until proved guilty my lad.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is anyone surprised in such a lawless country ? I think it is of great concern that they are not only 'proven' to be involved in drug trafficking (will we see evidence to support this? ) but that it would appear nobody has actually been arrested according to this report. If this country is ever going to clean itself up they had better start building new prisons in many Province's and arrest such people, take them through courts of law, and bang them up for considerable amounts of time. Until people in senior positions are dealt with very harshly there will be no deterent to others who want to join the ranks of serial offenders.

How many times do we see the powers that be in this country (whoever they may be ) 'talk the talk' but almost never 'walk the walk' when it comes to upholding the law ?

Terminate them as well and strip them of pensions.

Didn't they have a war on drugs a few years ago and eradicate the drug problem? Will these 100 get the bullet to the head from the men in black? whistling.gif

Don't exagerate, even when clad in black fatigues already, they weren't, at that time, 'men in black', yet, simply 'selected' police officers blindly serving 'the master', like any good 'SA' would have done... Wonder when anyone will ever have the balls to bring Thaksin in front of an (international?) Court for that...

Provincial Police Region 5 - that's Chiang Mai isn't it? Thaksin's home town . . .

Nah, nothing to do with it, all conjectures, he's Mr Squeeky Clean, how can you forget it? Hello, Mr Amsterdam, I have a new job for you... LOL

Don't exagerate, even when clad in black fatigues already, they weren't, at that time, 'men in black', yet, simply 'selected' police officers blindly serving 'the master', like any good 'SA' would have done... Wonder when anyone will ever have the balls to bring Thaksin in front of an (international?) Court for that...

There is no international court that has any jurisdiction in that matter.

And again: there is literally nobody in Thailand who would want Thaksin to appear in court regarding this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It's as if you didn't yet understand that, besides an operation aimed at cleaning away opponents of different foliage, and the many killed in 'collateral damage', the core of the operation was to 'stream' back the drugs' distribution 'channels' inside the country, to re-concentrate it in the hands of the largest mafia organisation of the land, the one his family chose 'him' to be bread in, the (ah, s..t, no more ink in my pen)...

"A random urine drug test was also conducted on police officers under the Provincial Police Region 5 on Monday with none proving positive."

Right, all outstanding people as to be expected from Thai police officers.

Rule N°1 for any serious drug dealer: never take in the s..t that you sell... LOL, but very true

the best method was executing drug dealers on the spot.

We've had that with Thaksin, don't you know, the tiny little problem was that most of the people who were killed seemed to have nothing to do with drugs, afterwards, when anybody dared to care about it, they were dead already, weren't they, so what... Not a good idea!

Or to put it the other way around the previous senior police should be investigated for dereliction of duty.

Nah, we're colleagues, we're from the same promotion, we sat together at school, we graduated together, we're friends, members of each other's families are married together, and my own brother, erm, erm, no, can't do that... TiT

And again: there is literally nobody in Thailand who would want Thaksin to appear in court regarding this matter.

I'd agree with you about 'in Thailand', for today that is. As for extra-judicial killings, mass-murders, I'd say your wrong, but, as you said, will the State of Thailand be grown up enough any time soon to press charges against Thaksin, for that, for Kru Se, for Tak Bai, ...and for Bangkok 2010?

• Like 1

Didn't they have a war on drugs a few years ago and eradicate the drug problem? Will these 100 get the bullet to the head from the men in black?

Wrong and wrong.

Didn't they have a war on drugs a few years ago and eradicate the drug problem? Will these 100 get the bullet to the head from the men in black?

Wrong and wrong.

Alright then, which international court would you have in mind?

And who would bring Thaksin to a national court? To my knowledge he has never been charged, why should that change now?

I frankly don't expect any positive outcome in this situation. Do you expect police officers ratting about collleagues being involved in controlling drugs' dealing, for those to reply the others were happy getting their share of it and being f.i. in the shake-off department, or another of the juicy ones, they in turn got their share of, a.s.o.? Maybe some getting the idea to come up with the colour of uniform making the link between dealing and manufacturing/importing the poisons? 80+% of the police force in front of the courts, demoted, jailed, and an odd 10+% of the armed forces likewise? Won't happen! Sad for Thailand, but one must be realistic, it has, alas, all become, much, too big a business. Legalising ALL drugs, in a strictly controlled, restricted, frame would be the only solution, but even the Netherlands are not ready for it, forget about the USA, so, Thailand? I really don't have a clue about how to solve this problem.

• Like 1

Under the new censorship laws in Thailand, expect to hear that many more of the supporters of the past government that the Junta wants to remove were all drug dealers and expect the anti-democracy cheerleaders on TVF to fall for it.

• Like 1

Under the new censorship laws in Thailand, expect to hear that many more of the supporters of the past government that the Junta wants to remove were all drug dealers and expect the anti-democracy cheerleaders on TVF to fall for it.

I never thought I was ever going to say this, but for once I'm glad I'm not in Thailand...sad.png

And I used to boast to my friends that when I'll be 50 I'll move to Thailand!

Well, hopefully things will get better by the time I turn 50...

• Like 1

Definitely something worth trying, particularly as there are no courts or at least the public one could turn to to clear one's name.

And again: quite a few people on this forum think that fundamental rights are not "for the other side". So, some "politically unreliable" people might be in for some rough time and people on this forum will like it and they will never come to the conclusion that what dictators can do to "the other side" they can also do to me, simply because they think that I might have been a bad boy or simply because it pleases them.

Edited by jope