British tourist jailed for molesting Emirates attendant on Bangkok to Dubai flight

webfact

British tourist jailed for molesting Emirates attendant on Bangkok to Dubai flight
Salam Al Amir

DUBAI: -- A British tourist has been jailed for three months for molesting an Emirates airline flight attendant.

Dubai Criminal Court was told T H, 40, slapped the attendant on the backside after drinking six miniature bottles of vodka on a flight from Bangkok to Dubai on April 1.

The incident happened about 6am.

The woman, K M, said she was walking through the economy class section near the defendant’s seat.

“As I passed near his seat, he slapped me on my bottom and asked me to sit next to him,” she said.

“He then pulled my hand and kissed it without my approval.”

Her colleague on the flight, Tunisian S K, 26, said that she heard the man repeatedly saying to K M “you bumped me”.

T H, 40, denied the charges earlier this month but confessed to consuming alcohol without a licence.

Source: http://www.thenational.ae/uae/courts/british-tourist-jailed-for-molesting-emirates-attendant-on-bangkok-to-dubai-flight

-- The National 2014-06-17

• Like 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"confessed to consuming alcohol without a licence".

Do you need a licence to consume alcohol inflight?

If you have it in your system (urine) then it's a crime if they check it.

My speculation is that they would have checked him and found alcohol inside him when after his arrival at Dubai shortly after getting off the flight.

It's a good job he didn't take a sleeping tablet or he would really be in trouble.

You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol and consune it on board, which is what i suspect happened in this case as they dont serve miniature bottles on this sector if i remember correctly.

You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol and consune it on board, which is what i suspect happened in this case as they dont serve miniature bottles on this sector if i remember correctly.

Sounds a bit strange to me. You're not allowed to bring liquids exceeding 50ml in total if I remember correctly through the security scanners in your carry on luggage and I don't recall them selling the small airline sized miniature bottles in the Duty Free shops at the airport.

I suspect he got them on the plane and they decided to throw the book at him merely because that's what they do over there.

Edited by ukrules

I've said this before and I'll say it again - never fly Emirates and don't go to Dubai. It's not worth it.

Maybe this guy was an <deleted>, maybe next time it will be you with your arm sticking out from the seat when the drinks cart operator walks backwards down the plane and bumps into your arm.

True enough. The seats are now so ridiculously narrow it is impossible not to have a knee or shoulder cracked.

I used to love Emirates, but no more for me - cattle class is so packed and uncomfortable I am amazed there is not far more trouble than there is, alcohol or not.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - never fly Emirates and don't go to Dubai. It's not worth it.

Maybe this guy was an <deleted>, maybe next time it will be you with your arm sticking out from the seat when the drinks cart operator walks backwards down the plane and bumps into your arm.

I have no doubt that as this guy was processed into the system upon his arrest they would have performed a standard urine test and if they found anything in him on their list of 'western style evils' like an over the counter painkiller he could be looking at the 'run of the mill' mandatory 4 year sentence they enjoy handing down to foreigners.

Yes Dubai Is a country looking to jail transfer passengers

Travel agents and Travels should boycott them

• Like 2

It is customary for most countries to ban the consumption of alcohol which was brought on board by passengers. All alcohol consumed on board must be served by members of the flight crew for those speculating. Anyway, this passenger sounds like a jack ass. He would have been removed by law enforcement by most countries since 9/11

Ass-hole gets drunk and behaves lewdly. Let's blame the airline and the country it's flying to. Makes perfect sense in ThaiVisa universe.

I wonder what the comments from the TV brain trust would be if the passenger were named Mohammed.

T

H e may have been called Mohhamed.

He could not help himself...he was still in the afterglow of the chicks he nailed in BKK...after a few drinks...he forgot where he was...fine him 500 baht...and make him apologize...jail time is too harsh for such a small infraction...

What's the world coming to when you can't even feel up a hostie?

I can just see/hear the discussion in the shower block.

"So what are you in for dude"?

"My drinking licence expired and I gave a chick a pat one the butt"

"Wow that is some heavy Sh#t dude, you are the man."

Takes a lot to get a laugh out of me, but that was classic!

Dubai get's very tough on foreigners who are lecherous in their conservative muslim culture, if you accidentally wandered into the ladies toilet they would arrest you. The alcohol without licence is trumped up charges. Emirates are a decent airline, among the best with in-flight services and nice attendants, they have every right to turn him over to the law. All the same, a slap on the bottom and kiss on the hand is pretty harmless.

One thing about Emirates that really disappoints me is that they partner with BA and Qantas on their service to New Zealand, I had a very bad experience with my mother being denied passage by a Qantas staff member on petty visa issues, I complained to Emirates, they never responded. I won't use them again for this route.

He could not help himself...he was still in the afterglow of the chicks he nailed in BKK...after a few drinks...he forgot where he was...fine him 500 baht...and make him apologize...jail time is too harsh for such a small infraction...

Its an expensive lesson in manners. Some people just can't keep their head down in foreign cultures. Drinking definitely lowers the

common sense barriers.