Snippers

Margo

Anyone stumble across a decent hairdresser of late who can deal with curly, non-Asian hair? I know it's an on-going struggle to avoid the hoi polloi treatment, but I live in hopefulness. Preferably around Wittayu/Chitlom for a duck-out-of-the-office-in-a-quiet-moment snip

There's a hairdresser in bangkok known as 'Frank'. I think he's around the chitlom area and is farang. Lots of the female teachers at my school go to him but I never have as I think he's incredibly expensive (like around 5000 baht for a cut and colour). Supposedly he's fantastic, though! I'll try and find out exactly where he is .... luckily I have straightish hair and can go for a cut and blow dry at the top of my soi for 80 baht!! :o

Well there is a really famous salon for falangs girls ], the name is "panipa" is in Ekamai soi 19.. just in the entrance (like 10 mtr), left hand.. they are really really good, and the prices are really good too, even cheaper than MBK or stuff.. If you want to cut your hair, you shoul doit with the owner (panipa) she's the best...

Umm if is only blow dry what are you looking for, I know a really good girls in soi sukhumvit 23, they really know how to make you hair straight (for curly's ) Ummmm... the thing is that I never ever look at the names place.. .but is right after the post offcie located like 100 mtr from sukhumvit..

anything, just ask! :o

Well there is a really famous salon for falangs girls ], the name is "panipa" is in Ekamai soi 19.. just in the entrance (like 10 mtr), left hand.. they are really really good, and the prices are really good too, even cheaper than MBK or stuff.. If you want to cut your hair, you shoul doit with the owner (panipa) she's the best...

Umm if is only blow dry what are you looking for, I know a really good girls in soi sukhumvit 23, they really know how to make you hair straight (for curly's ) Ummmm... the thing is that I never ever look at the names place.. .but is right after the post offcie located like 100 mtr from sukhumvit..

anything, just ask! :o

Cool. Thx for those. I'm just after a simple, smart snipper. No color, no blow, just cut. I like my curls, even if the local hairdressers find them freaky. :D

Its funny, isn't it? Its like the average thai hairdresser sees curls and must blow dry the hair as straight as possible. The worst is when you have one girl on each side both pulling your hair straight and blowing it with as high heat as possible.

Last time I allowed that to happen my husband didn't recognize me. :D

I've had some really good haircuts and blow drys at the Toni & Guy in Siam Discovery Ctr: kinda pricey for anything regular but it was great to see the stylist pull out the diffuser for my hair. :o

Ladies, why don't you check out the Khao San area ? As you know, all year long, there are lots of farang ladies staying in that area...there's bound to be a few decent hairdressers there (speaking good English and possibly quite cheap too).

Cheers,

Jem