Lifan 250 Chopper gas lines

connda

The Thai Visa ad for this bike is under Motorcycles in Chiang Mai. I've dropped the price to 40K baht and I'll entertain reasonable offers. I just changed the ad so I currently in pending status. Give it an hour or so to come up to date. Like try tomorrow.

I'm racking this up to experience and washing my hands of it. It's creating tension and disharmony in my family and I won't let that happen. I'm done with it.

Connda , i wish you all the best with your next bike. I / we can only hope someone from Lifan reads this information , AND ACTS ON IT !. Dont wish any bad karma on the dealer , but its imposible for anyone to provide ANY level of service in that "workshop". General oppinion is Lifan is fine IF you do all your own maintainence ,see above if not. Im personally favouring Keeway TX 200 Enduro (60,000 Baht), or the newly released KXM 200 Motard (? Baht).

• Like 1

Connda , i wish you all the best with your next bike. I / we can only hope someone from Lifan reads this information , AND ACTS ON IT !. Dont wish any bad karma on the dealer , but its imposible for anyone to provide ANY level of service in that "workshop". General oppinion is Lifan is fine IF you do all your own maintainence ,see above if not. Im personally favouring Keeway TX 200 Enduro (60,000 Baht), or the newly released KXM 200 Motard (? Baht).

Thanks for the supportive words and suggestions. Personally I'd rather stay with Honda. I've had two cars and two motorcycles and zero problems other than replacing a carb on one bike, and professional service everywhere I've gone.

Connda, just get a recognized brand next time like kawa, honda etc that will bring you no or less trouble.

I really cannot understand some comments here.

Yes a good service is important but most important thing is owning a reliable bike that needs no or very very less service center visit of course with good service centers available everywhere with parts ready fast.

Sorry but lifan has none of the things stated above so why headache for a couple of 10 k?

For some a low purchasing price is important but for others time spent at sh.tty service centers and time spent without riding the bike is more important.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

112 , I understand what your saying , and agree to a extent. If you read all this post you will find the problems started when the bike was took to a Lifan "dealer".Many people here have had great service from their bikes ,that are 3 times cheaper than some bikes , Hondas for example , and factoring in their depreciation during the first year or so , means these cheap bikes are "free" after a year or so.These bikes are often bought by people who just want a cheap run-around/fun bike. If they can check/maintain the bikes themslves , all fine and good.To some people , this is almost a hobby in itself - me for example . As canuckamuck says , we have to be carefull what we say here as we dont want to get the admin guys in trouble - they do a good job to protect "TV " so we all can use it .The dealer in Phuket , for example has received great praise . Others , not . I agree you should be able to expect good service from a dealer , but this is not always provided , in Thailand or many other countries.This seems to be the crux of some problems when dealing with some services. Im still smarting from the service i "received" from a main Honda dealer - not in Chiang mai - that could have resulted in my death !.No exageration. It seems most people just need a good mechanic to look after their bikes , of any make . If you can do it yourself your OK but some cant. Anyone have any good mechanics to recomend in various areas ?

112 , I understand what your saying , and agree to a extent. If you read all this post you will find the problems started when the bike was took to a Lifan "dealer".Many people here have had great service from their bikes ,that are 3 times cheaper than some bikes , Hondas for example , and factoring in their depreciation during the first year or so , means these cheap bikes are "free" after a year or so.These bikes are often bought by people who just want a cheap run-around/fun bike. If they can check/maintain the bikes themslves , all fine and good.To some people , this is almost a hobby in itself - me for example . As canuckamuck says , we have to be carefull what we say here as we dont want to get the admin guys in trouble - they do a good job to protect "TV " so we all can use it .The dealer in Phuket , for example has received great praise . Others , not . I agree you should be able to expect good service from a dealer , but this is not always provided , in Thailand or many other countries.This seems to be the crux of some problems when dealing with some services. Im still smarting from the service i "received" from a main Honda dealer - not in Chiang mai - that could have resulted in my death !.No exageration. It seems most people just need a good mechanic to look after their bikes , of any make . If you can do it yourself your OK but some cant. Anyone have any good mechanics to recomend in various areas ?

nigel, yes dealers are bad but before coming to the dealers, the problem is the inferior quality of these bikes which makes you visit the dealers very often.

With that price, i can understand the fact why some people want to buy it. it is the price of a low spec scooter or a 110 cc honda wave.

but hard to find good mechanics and the ones you might find might refuse to service a lifan.

I understand if you want a lifan as a hobby as i am sure it provides you all the mechanical hobby you want from life but then what about the parts?

and some people do not have time to do their own servicing like me or dont have time to go to a service as well so i buy a reliable brand that will not be giving any headache or stealing my precious time.

time is more important and precious than money all the time.

112 , yes you are correct.If you buy a better , more expensive bike , that SHOULD have a better build quality/dealer back-up.At a third of the price for these bikes , the savings have to come from somewhere. However they are percieved , they offer great value , but dealers (in some areas) offer poor service . Information on up-grade parts is difficult if the independant mechanic (or yourself) dont have , or dont want to , spend the time to do some investigating. I understand if you dont want to spend time yourself , but youd think an independant motorbike parts shop would be keen on the business. Yes , i know - TIT !. Some buyers are not too mechanically minded , and this may also be a factor. Bottom line is the savings are made everywhere but they are still 3 times cheaper !

Nice one connda. Im sure , that with a good going over , with a good mechanic / dealer , the bike will provide cheap service. Is it too early to ask what the replacement will be , or is that still a touchy subject ! .HE HE.

Nice one connda. Im sure , that with a good going over , with a good mechanic / dealer , the bike will provide cheap service. Is it too early to ask what the replacement will be , or is that still a touchy subject ! .HE HE.

I sold it to a Thai acquaintance of mine that has a friend who is a mechanic. He'll do fine.

Me? A 'new' 2014 or 2015 Honda CBR 250. I'll make it my Christmas present to myself this year. I've never had a problem with any Honda I've owned.

connda, sure a CBR 250/300 has the right riding position for you? For many people its too sporty. Better rent one for a day/weekend ride and test it first. But still not many choices for an comfortable, upright riding position if you dont want to go chinese. Maybe Kawa Z250?

• Like 1

Wantan has a good point. CBR has sporty riding position.Rent or try one first. Strange how there are very few Japanese "naked" style bikes , like the Keeway RKV. Kawasaki Z 250 is a very good bike. Wouldn be suprised if Honda sniff some sales , and bring out a "CB 250" soon , as they have a few of the 250 engines to shift , now the 300 is out.

Just checked at http://cycle-ergo.com/

The Z250 seems not much different in seating position compared to the CBR250/300. The KTM Duke 200 would be much better. But for this money you can also buy a CB500X.

Still hoping for the Benelli BN302 coming. But this would be another chinese bike and http://www.benelli-thailand.co.th/ is again under construction at the moment bah.gif

cbr250r is sporty but it has pretty much upright ergonomics, no pressure on wrists and lots of knee space - i owned one. It is never uncomfortable but rent one and see by yourself. You can tour with it as well easily with comfy seat, wind protection and comfy ergonomics.

plus a second hand ones goes for 70 k thb nowadays, add 5 k thb for ABS ones - try to get ABS one for your safety and rides with peace in mind. best bang for your buck on the market now sure plus being a single and nimble bike, its torque and lightweight is better for the inclines and curves of Northern Thailand.

you cannot go wrong with one.

if you have more money to spent, dont put your money on new honda cbr300 or kawa z250 which is around 130 and 150 k thb respectively - although they are nice bikes with a nice designs and intended purposes that i like - and put 50 k - 70 k more and get one of the honda 500 series for 200 k thb. 500 series are easier to ride, forgiving bikes they are plus a lot of bike for that money that can do it all with more power, capability, flexibility and comfort especially honda cb500x!

If you want to go for a new light and low cc bike around 250 cc and does not want to get 500 series, at least go for the new nice honda cbr300r. I sat on one and ergonomics are nearly same with cbr250r.

good luck connda, sure Honda will satisfy you in terms of every way after Lifan! so you can continue riding bikes without frustration and fuel line paranoia and focus on riding and enjoying your bike instead of spending precious time and focusing on repairing it at shady shops!

Edited by ll2

Connda ,i believe you are the guy who bought the bike off me at one year old .I guess i was lucky and never had a problem with it ,but then i did not do a lot of KM ,maybe 5,000 km.I remember you bought it off me for around B55,000 ,so if you sold for B40,000 ,you done ok .

In the year of ownership i did notice the dealer was worse than useless .Also the fuel lines did seem very soft and cheap looking .The rear suspension easily bottomed out ( even at the top notch position ) ,and i nearly went into a deadly wobble coming down a steep section of road at speed .Another thing i did not like was the way the front forks could go into a sharp steep dive on breaking ,if you did not use equal front and rear pressure..

I now have a PCX150 ,bought new ,and another PCX125 bough s/h and am well pleased with both .

cbr250r is sporty but it has pretty much upright ergonomics, no pressure on wrists and lots of knee space - i owned one. It is never uncomfortable but rent one and see by yourself. You can tour with it as well easily with comfy seat, wind protection and comfy ergonomics.

plus a second hand ones goes for 70 k thb nowadays, add 5 k thb for ABS ones - try to get ABS one for your safety and rides with peace in mind. best bang for your buck on the market now sure plus being a single and nimble bike, its torque and lightweight is better for the inclines and curves of Northern Thailand.

you cannot go wrong with one.

if you have more money to spent, dont put your money on new honda cbr300 or kawa z250 which is around 130 and 150 k thb respectively - although they are nice bikes with a nice designs and intended purposes that i like - and put 50 k - 70 k more and get one of the honda 500 series for 200 k thb. 500 series are easier to ride, forgiving bikes they are plus a lot of bike for that money that can do it all with more power, capability, flexibility and comfort especially honda cb500x!

If you want to go for a new light and low cc bike around 250 cc and does not want to get 500 series, at least go for the new nice honda cbr300r. I sat on one and ergonomics are nearly same with cbr250r.

good luck connda, sure Honda will satisfy you in terms of every way after Lifan! so you can continue riding bikes without frustration and fuel line paranoia and focus on riding and enjoying your bike instead of spending precious time and focusing on repairing it at shady shops!

I've actually rented a CBR250. Did a 5 hour + drive, with stops of course, and my main complaint was the pressure on my wrists. Over time I might get use to it.

But I agree with some other posters. There is a sales niche for cruising bikes in the 250 to 500 cc range. Could I buy a 500? Yeah, But I probably would not. It's just more bike than I need for the roads around here. 250 to 300 would be just about right. Might be worth waiting and see what comes out of the various development / marketing teams. In the next couple of years.

Connda ,i believe you are the guy who bought the bike off me at one year old .I guess i was lucky and never had a problem with it ,but then i did not do a lot of KM ,maybe 5,000 km.I remember you bought it off me for around B55,000 ,so if you sold for B40,000 ,you done ok .

In the year of ownership i did notice the dealer was worse than useless .Also the fuel lines did seem very soft and cheap looking .The rear suspension easily bottomed out ( even at the top notch position ) ,and i nearly went into a deadly wobble coming down a steep section of road at speed .Another thing i did not like was the way the front forks could go into a sharp steep dive on breaking ,if you did not use equal front and rear pressure..

I now have a PCX150 ,bought new ,and another PCX125 bough s/h and am well pleased with both .

Actually my original reason to buy this was to cruise solo between Chiang Mai and our village south of Lamphun. About a 60km ride. It's a hairy ride on my 125 Dream. The Lifan was just a bigger and more imposing bike and I had fewer problems driving with traffic in the left lane instead of on the shoulder. (There is always some a**hole that attempts to physically push you out of the lane) But last year my wife started having health problems, my twice weekly rides to Lamphun ended and I've been caring for my wife. Having the bike sit was not good either. So until my wife gets better, I'm not in a super hurry to buy a new one.

I said it before. I really enjoyed driving the bike. It was a nice cruiser for it's size.

But mechanically? &$(#*&$(!!!

Bottom line -- I'll never buy a Lifan again - ever.

Actually my original reason to buy this was to cruise solo between Chiang Mai and our village south of Lamphun. About a 60km ride. It's a hairy ride on my 125 Dream. The Lifan was just a bigger and more imposing bike and I had fewer problems driving with traffic in the left lane instead of on the shoulder. (There is always some a**hole that attempts to physically push you out of the lane) But last year my wife started having health problems, my twice weekly rides to Lamphun ended and I've been caring for my wife. Having the bike sit was not good either. So until my wife gets better, I'm not in a super hurry to buy a new one.

I said it before. I really enjoyed driving the bike. It was a nice cruiser for it's size.

But mechanically? &$(#*&$(!!!

Bottom line -- I'll never buy a Lifan again - ever.

The bike sold and I've removed the Thai Visa ad. The owner let me keep the original receipts for all the mechanical work that was done on the bike. Filed this under: Lessons Learned in Life.

Now, it's time to let this go.

One question. Did you stick with using B95 fuel the entire time you have had the bike?

If not, there lies the problem with the fuel lines.

I am sorry you are fed up with your cruiser. When running right they are reliable. Before you unload it, why not take it to Bull Cycle and have them do a full diagnostic? They were awesome on my 250B. I know how you feel too. I have had the LIfan mechanicwanna be screw things up, and had an independent shop rape me over a barrel on work they did. I.ll keep mine and keep going back to Bull until the new Harley Davidson factory gets built, and their 500cc and 750cc are sold in Thailand.

One question. Did you stick with using B95 fuel the entire time you have had the bike?

If not, there lies the problem with the fuel lines.

I am sorry you are fed up with your cruiser. When running right they are reliable. Before you unload it, why not take it to Bull Cycle and have them do a full diagnostic? They were awesome on my 250B. I know how you feel too. I have had the LIfan mechanicwanna be screw things up, and had an independent shop rape me over a barrel on work they did. I.ll keep mine and keep going back to Bull until the new Harley Davidson factory gets built, and their 500cc and 750cc are sold in Thailand.

Yes. I used 95 the entire time. Never used any other fuel.

Wish I know about Bull Cycle I sold it. It's someone elses problem now.

• 2 weeks later...

Another dealer experience with a Lifan 250cc cruiser

I broke the right hand mirror today, my fault, and rode over to the dealer in Phuket Town.

Replaced the mirror and stem, adjusted clutch, tightened chain, checked tyre pressures all with a big smile and

presented with a bill of 350B all up.

Love this little bike

• Like 1

That Lifan dealer in Phuket should be praised. Not the first time they have been recomended. Maybe Lifan HQ should get the Chiang Mai dealer to pop down , to see how to service bikes and how to keep / get new customers. Poor service will / does put people off these bikes . Bikes themselves are great value.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That Lifan dealer in Phuket should be praised. Not the first time they have been recomended. Maybe Lifan HQ should get the Chiang Mai dealer to pop down , to see how to service bikes and how to keep / get new customers. Poor service will / does put people off these bikes . Bikes themselves are great value.

Count your blessings. I went into CM Lifan, talked to the owner, told him I had air in the brake lines, asked him to check the brake fluid resevoir, because I believed air may be sucking in there, no fluid leaks anywhere. He said ok, told the wanna be mechanic something in Thai, and 20 minutes later they bring the bike back up front. Nothing said to me or the wife, just handed us a bill for a couple hundred baht. There was an item the wife was purchasing, so nothing breaking the cost down in writing. I left, no air in brakes, resevoir doesn't look new. We.ll see as I suspect they only bled the brakes.