22 arrested at Sex & Drugs Party in Jomtien

webfact

22 arrested at Sex & Drugs Party in Jomtien

party-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police Major General Sanit, the Acting Commissioner of Region 2 Police held a press conference at Pattaya Police Station on Saturday afternoon to announce the results of a continuing crime suppression operation taking place around Pattaya, which featured the arrest of 22 people at a Sex & Drugs Party in Jomtien.

15 men and 7 women, who all later failed drug tests, were arrested at a Luxury House in Soi Chayapreuk in Jomtien, which organizers would rent for 10,000 Baht per day with the intention of holding Sex & Drugs Party’s. The group, all from Saensuk District, 40kms from Pattaya, had chosen Pattaya to hold the parties out of fear that Police from their home District would catch them.

Khun Bodin aged 23, one of the partygoers, was caught with a 45mm semi-automatic handgun and bullets and one of the females at the party was caught with the drug Erimin 5 which is a prohibited substance in Thailand. A variety of other drugs were seized at the party.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/132531/22-arrested-at-sex-drugs-party-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-23

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where are all the women in the photo, looks like it was a gay sex party or did they just arrest the guys

Nope. "....15 men and 7 women, who all later failed drug tests, were arrested..."

I too, was a little concerned about the disparity of female party goers vis a vis males, but then it's a little unclear as to how the BIB attributed sexuality to the ladyboys. whistling.gif

What sort of people would rent their house out to 22 druggies ?

I'm sure their families will be immensely proud to see their siblings in that photo.

Most probs people with greed on the mind. 10,000 THB a day for rent, and on top of that a deposit would have to be paid. Not really sure how much wear and tear you would get after a party like this !!!!

confiscate the property as well

turn it in to a drug rehabilitation centre

What exactly was their crime?

If it wasn't for the guns, I don't see much wrong. The article mentions Erimin 5, which was a pharmaceutical drug (a benzodiazapene): Nimetazepam. One of the pictures show what look like a little bit of cannabis in plastic. If there were much more illegal drugs like cocaine then they would have been mentioned and photographed.

The lousiness of the reporting must be mentioned:

So what were the other drugs? If you're going to say that there were other drugs, then at least state what they were.

The writer has a problem with distinguishing between plural form of a word and ownership. e.g. "party's" should be "parties". "ladyboy's" should be "ladyboys".

There should have been pictures of the girls too. Don't they know that readers like to see pictures of girls?

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

SOM NAM NA

If some-one thinks these parties are new in Pattaya it's a big mistake. Of course the police is well known about these parties, but now (junta) have to do something against them.

45 mm cheesy.gif sorry to say but this was a helicopter machine gun around 300 Kg clap2.gif

Holey crappers batman !

"as caught with a 45mm semi-automatic" !!

Frikkin' gatling guns on aircraft are only 20-30mm's ! The old Bofors anti-aircraft cannon was 40mm ! A .50 cal machine gun is only 12.7mm's !!

I'm hoping they made a small error and meant "45 cal" (as 4.5mm would be somewhat smaller than even a .22 cal which itself is 5.56mm) !

• Like 1

What exactly was their crime?

If it wasn't for the guns, I don't see much wrong. The article mentions Erimin 5, which was a pharmaceutical drug (a benzodiazapene): Nimetazepam. One of the pictures show what look like a little bit of cannabis in plastic. If there were much more illegal drugs like cocaine then they would have been mentioned and photographed.

"....which is a prohibited substance in Thailand."

one of the females at the party was caught with the drug Erimin 5 which is a prohibited substance in Thailand.

So all the other party people where tested for a legal drug ?

I thought all drugs are illegal in Thailand.

When it says she was caught with the drug, that means that she had it in her possession, not tested for it.

Seems like this is an insignificant crime for the police to be spending time and money on. There have been great strides in law enforcement recently especially in dealing with corruption but I do not see how arresting people for this type of "crime" is returning happiness to the Thai people.

15 men & 7 women eh...seems a bit unfair to me.

Here's what got me though....

"Khun Bodin aged 23, one of the partygoers, was caught with a

45mm semi-automatic handgun and bullets"

A 45mm handgun eh. Khun Bodin must be one heck of a big guy to carry

the thing around since the 40mm gun below is kinda large....let alone firing

it....

attachicon.gifImage4.gif

Giving the PDN the benefit of doubt I reckon it was a typo and they

actually mean a .45cal pistol which is a tad bit over 11mm in

diameter.

I also wonder if there was any Rock & Roll at this sex & drugs party...

LOL Thai man over compensating?

• Like 1

Confiscate the property? It was rented, not owned by the suspects.

I doubt that such a law exists in Thailand anyway. However, it would be a good lesson for the owners and the worse 10K Bht they have ever earned! How does one even try and find a sex party anyway - follow the money, the drugs, the guns ? Maybe they are by invitation only. I think i will stick to birthdays and funeral parties, no need for drugs and guns at any of the ones I've been to.