Unregistered Suvarnabhumi Airport taxi driver spared from jail term

webfact

.......Mr. Somwang is the sole provider for his wife and his two children. ..........

violin.gif

When oh when oh when will we get rid of the taxi mafia and poachers ONCE AND FOR ALL?

Should've jailed him.

"Mr. Somwang repeatedly returned to the area after he was sent off by security officers, the court document says."

"Today the judges found Mr. Somwang guilty of 211 counts of causing annoyance over the course of three days."

"...such a punishment would severely affect the welfare of his family."??

Well Somwang, who put your family in that position?

• Like 1

I think this is all just for show and everything will return to normal. If the Junta was really serious and not just putting a show then they would be appealing this.

Are you just intimating, or are you stating outright that the junta is instructing civilian courts how to handle all cases and suborning all judges in the legal system? Your post could be read either way, although I don't see a third possibility.

Aggressively hawking towards the tourists this verdict goes to show how much the Thai people appreciate the foreign tourists arriving in the country, any one showing aggression towards Thailand visitors should be jailed regardless of their breadwinning Statius, Oh I murdered the foreigner but I can’t go to jail because my family will go hungry, to soft sentencing does not act as a deterrent to others.

• Like 1

I think we will all he sure as hell wasn't using the meter with those tourists as well

Well duhh! Isn't the fact that grabbing these taxis at Departures and negotiating a non-meter 'low' fare the main reason so many clever-clogs farangs persist in flaunting the rules and avoid the mandatory taxi rank on Arrivals?