Dried peas in chiang mai

gennisis

There ar'nt any.......Every type of dried pulses known to man but.. NO PEAS !\ Thought that I would be able to get them at an Indian stall...but NO.

I am sure there must be some reason for this but it escapes me.

Fish & Chips without mushy peas...!!!

It seems that the only way is by shipping dried marrowfat peas from UK,but the shipped price makes them a luxury

Sometimes Rimping have had Batchellors tins but expensive.

I've tried boiling the Thai tinned peas with 20% success....but it aint the same.

I can't recall ever having seen dried peas which, I agree, is very strange.

However if you really want mushy peas a l'anglaise try the tinned peas available in all Thai supermarkets.

About 20 Bht a tin.

I don't have them to hand at the moment but I think the brand is UFC. they are easy to spot as the tin is imaginatively illustrated with .........well peas ........lots of them.

I buy macy's frozen from makro and simmer them until mushy,as a pie and peas man they are acceptable don't forget the seasoning and the mint sauce,and I make my own faggots.so there.

oh lastly make sure you don't put too much water when simmering.

"I take it your not British, as he's referring to a completely different type of pea, the word being mushy."

You try to help people on this forum and give a genuine answer to a genuine enquiry and all you get is patronising remarks.

1. I am British 100%, or as near as dammit
  2. I come from the East Midlands where they know a thing or two about mushy peas!
  3. I have 30 odd years’ experience in catering and I have been cooking since I could first hold a knife.

I can assure anyone who is interested that the UFC brand is basically mushy peas, ready cooked, in a tin.

Now I realise that opening a tin might be a bit of a challenge for some people on this forum, but I’m sure full instructions can be obtained online..........

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mushy peas….I have just tried a recipe from this thread,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/369495-peas/

Have a look at post No 2 by Sirgordon,

I swear they are the nearest thing to British mushy peas that I’ve ever tasted.

Had them with battered fish and chips and home made bread….even our lass loved them.

Well done Sirgordon sir, and thank you for posting the recipe.

Have a Nice Day

Mushy peas….I have just tried a recipe from this thread,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/369495-peas/

Have a look at post No 2 by Sirgordon,

I swear they are the nearest thing to British mushy peas that I’ve ever tasted.

Had them with battered fish and chips and home made bread….even our lass loved them.

Well done Sirgordon sir, and thank you for posting the recipe.

Have a Nice Day

I got some[ufc] from makro sunday,called in the goumet butchers got a smoked ham hock,had ham and pea soup with a bake your own baggette yesterday.ooohhhhhhhhhhh all gone.