Russian Rented Motorbike Rampage in South Pattaya

webfact

Showing off to friends usually ends in laughter I am sure his friends will remember his fantastic professional motorbike skills for a long time and that his motor insurance or the bike owners insurance covers all the damage and injuries, just another Russian plonker, plenty more plonkers in Pattaya.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you can't fix stupid, but rental shops requiring licenses would increase the odds of protecting tourists from themselves. It's a Catch-22 though as the bike shops would loose a ton of business.

By law, the riders need the license, but the shops aren't required to demand it before renting.

Similar to My hometown where you can buy herbicide from Home Depot, but aren't allowed to spray it. You can buy noisy pipes for your big bike, but illegal to install them.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"He decided to demonstrate his biking skills to his friends"

The guy is a pro and I bet his mates are still pissing themselves laughing.

They need to make it law that you can't hire a bike unless you have a motorcycle licence.

Or fix up the roads , so there are no pot holes in the city center?

Na, I vote for more pot holes and less Russians......

Less Russians? so they are much worse then other countries for riding bikes in Pattaya?

Yep--------------------coffee1.gif

They need to make it law that you can't hire a bike unless you have a motorcycle licence.

He did have great skills----------------- Quote------ "he accelerated to top speed IN AN INSTANT-----WOW----- Mind you it took a pothole to do it,but hey---he did itcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

license doesnt prevent stupid

or stupid russians

How do you know he never had one.

OMG! "Suspected Broken Leg......!"

Well without the diagnosis of a qualified doctor that's what it would be, As a "first aider" I could not write it up as a fracture even if it was an obvious open compound fracture.

Plus the fact the reporter may have only had 3rd hand reports so was just being safe.

It's not a Ninja, it's a Versys 650, I am pretty sure thats the only bike that Kawasaki put the exhaust under the engine.

Anyways, I had one, great torque, if you wound the throttle all the way to the stops you'll get going in a hurry.

I see lots of people riding bikes here both foreign and local that probably shouldn't be.

• Like 1

That's Russian!

of course all the other drivers from all other nations know how to drive perfectly :-D.jesus, i love jokes like this. therefore please post more :-D btw the worst drivers coming from the usa, uk and australia if you look on the police records in thailand.

The fact that he is Russian has nothing to do with this. Problem is, that many drunken, or not drunken tourists can ride big bikes here, without having any experience in their home country. Proof of experience before renting one, is needed to solve this problem.

1 - Does anyone know for a fact he had no license? No = speculation.

2 - Does anyone know for a fact he had no prior experience? No = speculation.

3 - Original article says Kawasaki Ninja. That could mean 250cc, 300cc, 650cc. Whichever it was, it's hardly in the "super bike" category.

4 - Hitting the pot hole made him accelerate to maximum speed. Nice trick. Maybe some rocket scientist of physics professor can explain how that happens to me.

It's not a Ninja, it's a Versys 650, I am pretty sure thats the only bike that Kawasaki put the exhaust under the engine.

It's almost certainly an er6n which at a guess is faster than the versys and slower than the zx6r supersports.

3 - Original article says Kawasaki Ninja. That could mean 250cc, 300cc, 650cc. Whichever it was, it's hardly in the "super bike" category.

The ninja range is much larger than that and includes the 4 cylinder bikes which are substantially faster.

• Like 1

4 - Hitting the pot hole made him accelerate to maximum speed. Nice trick. Maybe some rocket scientist of physics professor can explain how that happens to me.

How about the involuntary or accidental movement of his hand in the wrong direction on the throttle when he hit the supposed pothole? I have seen inexperienced riders increase throttle before when suddenly in an unusual situation. I have even seen experienced riders do this.

It's almost certainly an er6n which at a guess is faster than the versys and slower than the zx6r supersports.

The ninja range is much larger than that and includes the 4 cylinder bikes which are substantially faster.

As I posted a photo on the last page of this thread, it is an ER6-n.

Not a powerful bike and nowhere near being a Superbike.

Think of it as a happy commuter, that goes, " bob bob bob bob bob bob bob"

Anyway, its pretty irrelevant as its obviously good at wiping out people and bikes at the same time.

I'm quite impressed that it went to maximum speed instantly. That's like the Starship Enterprise at warp factor 3 isn't it?

• Like 1

Agreed, but look at the tires of the bike in the photo. Definitely not bigger than a 650.

Hey, you guys really don't know your bikes do you.

This is a Z1000

post-8817-0-35512000-1403870358_thumb.jp

This is a Z800

post-8817-0-78871900-1403870430_thumb.jp

These are proper bikes, if he had launched one of these it would have ended up on the first floor.

Edited by soihok

license doesnt prevent stupid

Yes very true.

My comment about the licence is more to protect the innocent and not the idiots. It appears that this machine was way to powerful for him and if he had a licence he would have had some training/experience and he would have been able to handle such a beast. If companies required customers to be licenced then the innocent pedestrian in this story may not have been injured.

Let the idiots kill themselves but make a licence compulsory to protect the innocent victims

Having a license may seem reasonable, but I doubt it will go far. With all the bike rental shops and the business aspect a Thai bike license would kill them. A driver's license okay, but not bike. I rented for a few years and don't have a bike license. Do have a car. I also don't 'hot rod' on the streets either.

Harley Davidson now thats a motor bike you guys and the jap crap are you all russians ?????????

Hardly Driving Son !!!! sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

Every time I hear one I expect to see this appear around the corner.

post-8817-0-51238800-1403871135_thumb.jp

Oh please.

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1