2 foreigners arrested 2 nights ago for burglaries in Manam and lamai

Not sure what I am allowed to write out this so I keep it basic with some photos

Mods feel free to do as you please with this post

2 foreigners arrested and confessed to robbing places in reports in lamai and Manam

Both men from Algeria

Pictures attached

post-39813-1404096098248_thumb.jpgpost-39813-14040961586622_thumb.jpgThailand1404096097.535105.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

post-39813-14040961144624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rooo
Title.

I hate these people. There seems to be more and more of them popping up

If i caught them they would not have made is as far as the police station )

• Like 2

That is some of the best pointing I've seen since a photo I saw of a dead elephant with several people pointing at it just in case you missed it in the shot. Excellent! Should be an Olympic sport.... (<deleted>?)

One of the men ‘admitted’ that he had entered the country illegally from Malaysia, after meeting a fellow Algerian who helped him cross into Thailand, without a valid passport, after paying Thai border guards 4,000 baht

I thought they had already cracked down on this?

I believe the pointing is because the term for "identify culprit" in Thai language is ชี้ตัว [chi tua] which literally means "point at person". Hence when police needs to take photo as evidence to present court, they literally have point at the suspects.

There also seems to be a cultural thing. Often when I take photos with friends for example in a restaurant and sometimes they'd like to point their finger at a particular signature dish on the table or something. Or if for example taking a photo near some landmark, they'd have to point at the landmark in the background.

They can take pics with the pointing with their cameras, but I always insist on pics for myself without this awkward pointing.

You got a good point there.

One of the men ‘admitted’ that he had entered the country illegally from Malaysia, after meeting a fellow Algerian who helped him cross into Thailand, without a valid passport, after paying Thai border guards 4,000 baht

I thought they had already cracked down on this?

He probably lied