What Do You Drink?

Mar

When I drink, I drink beer.

Preferably German beer in some of the Bangkok micro-breweries. They are good and do not make you sick.

If no other choices, beer in bottles, whatever beer but I still prefer Kirin beer.

I avoid cans, especially cans with local beers. The reason being that they add a lot of chemicals to keep the beer drinkable for a longer time in hot climates (believe me, I had quite a long discussion with the chief brewer of some local beers,...). I have to say it is probably the same for many other cans or even bottle beers but I feel it less.

It is maybe just me but anyway, anything brewed on the place you drink it (micro-breweries) beats anything else in my books,...

joinme...re: local prices for jack daniels, I couldn't say off hand but prices for premium vodkas like smirnoff and absolut are in the 600-700 baht range for 0.75 ltr at tesco, foodland, etc. JD is more of a specialty drink and is bound to be more expensive still.

By the way you pass through a duty free shop area when you disembark from your flight in BKK where you can pick up a few bottles before you go through immigration. Prices are nowhere near as good as Dubai or Bahrain but cheaper than on the street in BKK.

... alcohol is not good for your health

RIGHT! :o

I prefer a nice milk-shake, or any fruit juice :D

and drinking beer when it's getting hot makes you forget to drink water which your body needs in quantity!

alright, beer content is made out of a lot of water, but the alcohol in it almost stop the rehidratation process ...

but it's up to you, it's your health :D

read carefuly what ajan say, nothing to do with an anti alcohol campaign, just facts!

francois

From what i've seen I would say that other than beer the favorite drink here is definately Whiskey.........

It's very very cheap too ! Begin at 160bt for a large bottle of master blend and then go up to the Malt at about 1500bt . In between are at my last count in tesco about 25 different whiskies I have never heard of ...... hmm

Also of course are the local lao cao brews from up country. Very very cheap but likely to do the liver quite a bit of damage in the long run :o

englishoak...anyone that labels Master Blend or any of the locally produced poison whiskey when they should know better blasphemes and should be burnt at the stake...

Have you ever been to Singapore?

Same principle, they take a normal Mercedes car, call it a Masterpiece (written on the car,...) and sell it X % higher price. People LOVE it,... :o