Indonesian Visa prices make a sudden hike today

INDONESIA'S immigration authority has shocked the trade with a surprise increase in the price of visas for international travellers implemented today.

From TTG Asia by Mimi Hudoyo

According to a media statement issued by the country’s Immigration Offices, the price of a seven-day visa on arrival (VoA) has been increased from US$10 to US$15, while a 30-day VoA now costs US$35 from the initial US$25.
The increment, said the authority, is part of a new government regulation issued this year on the types and tariff of non-tax revenue as regulated by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights.
Indonesian inbound operators said they were not informed of the new pricing earlier.

Read the full report here: Dearer visas for Indonesia starting today

Don't be shocked many Asean Member country increase his prices because the think the money grow on the threes in our country. Indonesia, exactly Bali (Denpasar) increased the airport taxes when you leave from 150'000 to 200'000 IDR per person !!!The only country who decreased the airport taxes is Philippines from 1650 PHP to 650 PHP in Manila and between Manila to Cebu no more.

I went to Indonesia 6 times the last 2 years and most recently a month ago

I never go for more than two or three days but I was never offered a VOA for 7 days...I always had to take a 30 day visa for 25 USD...I consider a increase from 25 to 35 USD not a big deal

I never go for more than two or three days but I was never offered a VOA for 7 days...I always had to take a 30 day visa for 25 USD...I consider a increase from 25 to 35 USD not a big deal

Yes, was thinking the same thing when I read the article. I have never been offered the choice of a 7 day VOA (and there have been several trips made where I was only there for 3-4 days so the cheaper option would have been sensible)

I guess it is something that you have to ask for - else the default is to only give the more expensive 30 day visa (which makes sense)

Agreed. Yet there were multiple pages of how the tourism industry would be devastated if the same thing were implemented in Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand