France vs Germany - Fri 4th July, 11:00 pm, - Match Thread

Channel 8 is the broadcast channel that the last 16 (previous round) matches were shown on. Apparently it was not exactly free to air as it was a digital signal so no ordinary joes with their cheap analogue sets could watch for free. The Government thru the broadcasting commission has said it will take RS (the franchise holder for World Cup rights in Thailand to court.

We can therefore expect (and I think I have heard it confirmed) that the rest of the matches form tonight forward will be genuinely free to air. That means either 3, 7, 9 or 11 I think (though when I said I think I heard it confirmed I'm sure the announcement said channel 19 or some such unrecognisable channel (the veracity of which I doubt).

Bit of a channel hop to find it at about 22:50 for me!

Unlikely to have an English language option on the genuinely free to airs I fearfacepalm.gif It's aaw-haaaw or mute!

Sky reported this morning that 7 of the German squad have gone down with flu which could have a big bearing on the outcome. ....

...have now quickly looked that up on the internet - Germany manager is saying its been very exaggerated per BBC. No time to read the details on BBC web-site must dash

Jai Lai .. channel 38 is Thai TV Channel 8. It's just that True and CTH (and maybe other providers) put Thai TV channel 8 on their own 'channel' 38.

Edited by SantiSuk

It was advertised that the games will be on channel 8. I use a psi statelite and change the sound channel on the psi box to the right channel for English commentarry.

Have a good time watiching this game.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I hope Germany wins. I can't be bothered to watch (all my favourite programmes are off). But if France wins I will be earbashed for days.

France does have the option to surrender just before the game starts.

Just as well they have no one in the back four called Maginot.whistling.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Germany wins. I can't be bothered to watch (all my favourite programmes are off). But if France wins I will be earbashed for days.

France does have the option to surrender just before the game starts.

What a poor comment, have you ever studied history ?