Good condos?

whitethai

It can vary enormously depending obviously on size and location. Look to pay between 30,000 - 100,000 baht per sq metre. A nice 2 bed say 80 sqm would be around 4 million baht. Don't go for the 25 sq m new builds unless you are a midget.

What are the price of good 2 bed condos to buy currently new builds?

Define "good condo"... ??

For recent condos or projects in constructions prices easily go over 100'000 B/sqm.

And don't forget that the higher is your apart, the more expensive he get...

WaterFront apartments today may range in 120 - 200'000 B/m2

I actually saw one advertised at 12mSq in one of the developments.

??

My master bedroom en-suite is bigger than that. Much bigger than that. Couldn't imagine living in it though ohmy.png

bloke down our ways en suite is much larger than yours.......claims to have the largest on the estate...

For recent condos or projects in constructions prices easily go over 100'000 B/sqm.

Asking prices can look big on paper. Thankfully they don't bear much relation to reality.

Asking prices can look big on paper.

Thankfully they don't bear much relation to reality.

Hey KittenKong. It's the second time you make me a remark on WaterFront prices.

So if you have a secret and know how to buy in WaterFront for less than 100'000 B/sqm

please let us know; I am sure many would be interested... rolleyes.gif

The prices I wrote are those from their sell office next to the building site

and I don't see how you could significantly get them down...

If prices is their own sell office is not "reality", where are the "real prices" ?

What are the price of good 2 bed condos to buy currently new builds?

Define "good condo"... ??

??

Dont know really includes good air con and furniture pack and no killers livin next door smile.png))

You must know toe goo ones being built right now around Jomtien and Soi Buakhao

Edited by whitethai

Hey KittenKong. It's the second time you make me a remark on WaterFront prices.

So if you have a secret and know how to buy in WaterFront for less than 100'000 B/sqm

please let us know; I am sure many would be interested...

The prices I wrote are those from their sell office next to the building site

and I don't see how you could significantly get them down...

If prices is their own sell office is not "reality", where are the "real prices" ?

Not on a price list in the sales office, that's for sure. It's like airline seats: just because the price for today's flight is USD1000 doesnt mean that a guy in another identical seat didn't pay half that, or less. So which is the "real" price?

Let's see what the units actually sell for as re-sales. For an idea, take a look at some of the advertised re-sale units in buildings that have recently finished construction.

Not on a price list in the sales office, that's for sure.

So where ?

I was not talking here about buying from re-sale (more expensive) or buying of plan (a few years late)

but about someone who would like to buy one of the still unsold apartments (http://www.waterfrontpattaya.com/floorplans.php)

I doubt I get an answer from you though. Looks like you prefer play with enigma... rolleyes.gif

So where ?

I was not talking here about buying from re-sale (more expensive) or buying of plan (a few years late) but about someone who would like to buy one of the still unsold apartments ....

I doubt I get an answer from you though. Looks like you prefer play with enigma.

I gave you an answer. It's up to you whether you care to read it or not.

As for re-sales, as I mentioned there are loads of re-sales in various buildings being advertised at below the list prices of remaining units. So it doesn't take a mind-reader to work out that the list prices in question are a fantasy.

12 sq meters? are you nuts, that is not <deleted> new york,

where people live in such small rooms and piss throug windos, this is Thailand

I am unsure what Oink really wanted to write,

but for sure it can't be "12 sqm".

There is many legal requirements for a building to be a condominium,

and one of them is a minimum unit size of 20+ sqm. (don't remember exactly... 23 sqm mini?)

but for sure it can't be "12 sqm".

There is many legal requirements for a building to be a condominium,

and one of them is a minimum unit size of 20+ sqm. (don't remember exactly... 23 sqm mini?)

I've never heard of any smaller than 23sqm. Even at that size they are really only hotel rooms and often dont even have a kitchen area.

Designers do quite a good job of squeezing a lot into the new 1-bed 30-40sqm designs but personally I like the older open-plan style and would not be happy in less than about 60sqm, even on my own.

I've never heard of any smaller than 23sqm.

I think Unixx on the hill has some 22 sqm units

and Serenity on Naklua advertised for 21 sqm units...

Even if for week-ends only, better to go in an hotel than in this kind of "box" sad.png

Edit: On more (that I don't know) with some pictures.

Art on the Hill, 22 sqm, not even enough place for a sofa or a table...

http://pattayacondoguide.com/details-for/art-on-the-hill-for-sale-in-Pratumnak-Pattaya,65300.html

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

So where ?

I was not talking here about buying from re-sale (more expensive) or buying of plan (a few years late)

but about someone who would like to buy one of the still unsold apartments (http://www.waterfrontpattaya.com/floorplans.php)

I doubt I get an answer from you though. Looks like you prefer play with enigma... rolleyes.gif

I think KittenKong has given enough "hints", so to speak.

For a start, it's not entirely correct to presume that resale units are always more expensive compared to buying direct from developers. There are many investors who buy off-plan and prices are often at a huge discount compared to prices when the units are ready for move in. This, you know, I know.

What you might not know is this: once the investors have bought units off-plan, and while construction is in progress, the developer's pricing will move up faster than prices that investors are willing to let go. In fact, the investors will look to the developer's pricing to fix their own re-sale prices. You can even say that there is a tacit understanding between developers and investors in place so as to enable investors gain a windfall.

Often, these investors own property firms, and they don't just buy 1 or 2 units. Imagine as property firms the amount of discount that they get from developers when they buy off-plan and in bulk. For the developers, they get to collect cash upfront to kick start their projects with just a few architectural plans and marketing brochures. Not a bad business, I would say.

Eventually when the investors let go of their units before legal completion of the project, that is to say, before strata titles are issued, the developers get to make some money when the investors transfer their names on the Sale Agreement (with the developer) to the ultimate buyers. This, often, is a condition embodied in the original Sale Agreement that the investor signed with the developer. For the investors, they're eager to let go of their units before legal completion of the project because as long as the project is still under construction the investors need not have to pay any government taxes. This ensures that whatever price difference (profits) between what they paid to the developer and what they now sell to the ultimate buyer will not be "eaten up" by the slew of official taxes.

The moral of the story is resale prices are not always more expensive than units purchased directly from the developers.

• Like 1

I've never heard of any smaller than 23sqm.

I think Unixx on the hill has some 22 sqm units

and Serenity on Naklua advertised for 21 sqm units...

Even if for week-ends only, better to go in an hotel than in this kind of "box" sad.png

Edit: On more (that I don't know) with some pictures.

Art on the Hill, 22 sqm, not even enough place for a sofa or a table...

http://pattayacondoguide.com/details-for/art-on-the-hill-for-sale-in-Pratumnak-Pattaya,65300.html

Our bedroom and en suite is bigger than this ,how in Gods name could anyone live full time in a place this size?

I think i stayed in 22 sq meter room in Bangkok for like 7 months, because I was &lt;deleted&gt; cheap!! But never again, I think I have mental sideeffects because of that nasty room. But it was only 7000 bht.... With fitness and electric it came around 10000, but it aint worth it

I will not be cheap again....

31,000 baht/sq metre in Bang Saray. 500 metres from the beach. The same would cost twice that amount in Pattaya (which is only 15 minutes by car). Pattaya is full and had its day. Time to move on.

I only paid 34,000 a sqm for a nice condo near the beach in Pattaya and would be happy to sell for that now.

31,000 baht/sq metre in Bang Saray. 500 metres from the beach. The same would cost twice that amount in Pattaya (which is only 15 minutes by car). Pattaya is full and had its day. Time to move on.

I only paid 34,000 a sqm for a nice condo near the beach in Pattaya and would be happy to sell for that now.

what is the total size?