Cable TV in Chaingmai

Cuddlycat

Hi

My husband and I are going to be a newbie in Chaingmai by 16th. I wonder what is a reasonable cable TV besides of True. We feel that it's too expensive. I just want the one that provide English News and Movies with soundtrack.

My landlord is Thai married to British guy. They have their for long time and they can't remember. But they suggest us to get the box which we just paid for one time.

Any recommendation and price will be much appreciate.

it depends where you will be living. but you don't have many choices. TRUE as you said is everywhere. the only other choice is WETV which is quite good for Baht 350/month. It has BBC, AL Jazeera and Fox News for English language news and 2 movie channels. BUT it is not available everywhere in the outskirts of the city.

• Like 1

it depends where you will be living. but you don't have many choices. ..........

I, too, would suggest you find your accomodations and then go to the Central Festival Mall and check with every internet provider. I am pretty sure all of them provide cable TV along with the internet.

I personally use True and find their rates very reasonable and competitive. I got a 15 Mbps/1.5Mbps program fiber/cable link which includes something like 85 free TV channels. For an additional fee, you can get a program with specific foreign channels. I get what I pay for and get good customer service.

ASIDE: I would suggest you take someone with you who speaks Thai because sometimes the customer service reps do not understand some of the nuances that we English speaker inadvertantly insert into our words and sentences. And they are not technicians, so once you deviate from the broader aspect of a program into technical details you tend to get mislead.

3BB and TOT and others provide the same type of set up.

it depends where you will be living. but you don't have many choices. ..........

I, too, would suggest you find your accomodations and then go to the Central Festival Mall and check with every internet provider. I am pretty sure all of them provide cable TV along with the internet.

I personally use True and find their rates very reasonable and competitive. I got a 15 Mbps/1.5Mbps program fiber/cable link which includes something like 85 free TV channels. For an additional fee, you can get a program with specific foreign channels. I get what I pay for and get good customer service.

ASIDE: I would suggest you take someone with you who speaks Thai because sometimes the customer service reps do not understand some of the nuances that we English speaker inadvertantly insert into our words and sentences. And they are not technicians, so once you deviate from the broader aspect of a program into technical details you tend to get mislead.

3BB and TOT and others provide the same type of set up.

Thanks for suggestion. I am Thai and my husband is American. I just want to know you guys think it's best.

True is not available for where we live (Doi Saket) 3BB as well. I was at 3BB office at Kad Suan Kaew last month. The officer shown me google map bit we could not find our house. We only saw the road to get into Mooban. I only had been to the house twice and I can't remember the area much. So we decided to stick with TOT Internet and see how it goes.

The landlord but a box a decade ago. They paid 2,000B for the box which I can't recall the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app