Non ED visa expiring, then get 30 day exemption on same day

Hi,

My current ED visa is due to expire on Friday 11th. If I leave the country on Friday 11th via a land border and re-enter the same day, will I get a 30 day exemption, or do I need to wait 1 day on the other side of the border (until the visa has actually expired) and come back on Saturday 12th?

Also, is there an issue being given the current 30 day exemption or is this only from Aug 12th onwards?

Thanks in advance.

You can leave any time you want. You don-t have to wait for your current entry to end. Do you have a 90 day visa entry or have you been getting extensions of stay.

You will only get a 15 day entry unless you are from a G7 country.

Whether you can get an exempt entry or not depends upon which crossing you do it at. But you should not have a problem since you have not been doing border runs.

You can leave any time you want. You don-t have to wait for your current entry to end. Do you have a 90 day visa entry or have you been getting extensions of stay.

You will only get a 15 day entry unless you are from a G7 country.

Whether you can get an exempt entry or not depends upon which crossing you do it at. But you should not have a problem since you have not been doing border runs.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am from the UK, so I does this mean I will get 30 days?

I initially had a 90 day ED visa that was extended to 1 year. I have a multiple re-entry permit also, so my concern was that if I leave and come back on the 11th (the day of expiry), they will just stamp it as my re-entry and give me 1 day, rather than give me a 15/30 day exemption.

They would ask you if you only want a one day entry instead of just stamping you in for that. Leave the visa space blank on the arrival card.

Since you have been on an extension you should not have a problem getting a exempt entry.

• Like 1