Tell me about mentally ill foreigners

JesseFrank

After I spoke with the guy on the phone yesterday, as mentioned already, I went out and purchased 2 new remotes. Would I do that if I wasn't confident that I wouldn't find them back ?

Jesse screw them to the wall this time or attach one of those key finders to them, but be careful you don't lose the remote for the key finder.

Glad it all worked out for you.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the shiftiest, weirdest people I've run into here have been farang.

Why shouldn't they be?

I was an English teacher for 13 years and met hundreds of weirdos, social misfits, substance abusers. In that vocation, the weird ones outnumber the 'normal' ones.

As for somewhere like Pattaya , one night there and your statement becomes a tautology.

How much did the new remotes end up costing you Jesse?

2400 Baht, you want to do a collection ?

Yeah, why not.

I will pledge 25 satang to the 'Jesse, somebody <deleted> off with my remotes, fund'. Are there other people out there willing to help Jesse pay for these remotes?

Amount raised thus far; 25 Satang.

ps: Would you like payment in food stamps or a bank cheque?

Yeah, why not.

I will pledge 25 satang to the 'Jesse, somebody <deleted> off with my remotes, fund'. Are there other people out there willing to help Jesse pay for these remotes?

In God we trust, all others pay cash .

Yeah, why not.

If he'll post his bank account information, I'll ATM him 50 baht...for the cause.

That is very generous of you guys but I also have my pride, and a few thousand baht left, so I have to refuse your kind offer .

@Neverdie " Kinjow.

I suppose it was the thought that counts @neverdie

That is very generous of you guys but I also have my pride, and a few thousand baht left, so I have to refuse your kind offer .

@Neverdie " Kinjow.

Your pride was treated like a doormat by old matey that rorted you.

Are you happy to live with your pride ?

@Neverdie " Kinjow.

At least I don't have to pay my wife to keep up my pride.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740737-how-much-should-an-established-live-in-thai-housekeeper-be-paid/?p=8072658

Jesse, get loads of old remotes together, point at receiver and push buttons until something happens. Then re-label the buttons according to what they do.

These are wifi transmitting remotes, with over 5 million codes. Little chance that even a new one from the same brand that I don't have to replace the receiver.

Only 5 million codes?

Well that should keep you busy, a few hundred years abstaining from the bars while trying to find out which one should save you some money.

On another note though, it is really sad that someone would steal them hoping they can turn a few power saving light bulbs in their condo and an old wireless short wave radio in to a state of the art entertainment system.

Only 5 million codes?

Well that should keep you busy, a few hundred years abstaining from the bars while trying to find out which one should save you some money.

On another note though, it is really sad that someone would steal them hoping they can turn a few power saving light bulbs in their condo and an old wireless short wave radio in to a state of the art entertainment system.

I'm not sure if that are the thoughts of the guy. I rather think that, as another poster pointed out already, it's a case of kleptomania where one can not resist the urge to steal something.

As the topic title says, a mental illness.

Jesse I don't mean to rub salt into the wound but I will anyway.

Have you got one of those 5 million codes working yet?

I bought one of those universal remotes and it was garbage.

Jesse I don't mean to rub salt into the wound but I will anyway.

Have you got one of those 5 million codes working yet?

I bought one of those universal remotes and it was garbage.

I bought new remotes with receiver. One is installed the other will be in the next few days.

The million codes means that a remote is tied to it's specific receiver, so you can't just change remote or receiver, you always have to replace both.

It are not infrared remotes as they have to go through walls and ceilings, and you can have several installed in the same place without them interfering with each other.

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

@Neverdie " Kinjow.

I suppose it was the thought that counts @neverdie

Thought, schmought. I was planning to drain his bank account if he posted the info online. Of course, I'd have probably been 5 seconds behind some other lurking scammer....

Edited by impulse

@Neverdie " Kinjow.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740737-how-much-should-an-established-live-in-thai-housekeeper-be-paid/?p=8072658

Ahhh stalker huh.

@Neverdie " Kinjow.

Ahhh stalker huh.

I suggest you start by looking up the definition of stalker.

Next look at the top of this page who started the thread and who joined later trying to stir the pot a few times with provoking posts.

Then think again about what a silly remark you just made .

I have no purchased 2 new remotes and still the " misplaced" ones haven't reappeared.

So this afternoon I'm going into the ceiling to replace the receiver of the speaker remote. As I told already this is a difficult accessible location and add to that my height scariness, so it gonna be a real problem.

If I've not been online again by 7pm, could someone please contact the emergency service please.

• Like 1