First Non-0 Marriage visa, 400k needed?

Hi all,

I am coming to Thailand in a few weeks, on a tourist visa initially. I will marry my thai gf soon after. I then plan on getting a non-o visa based on marriage and was wondering if the 400k is needed when I apply for the visa, or is it only needed when I extend the visa a year later? Also what is the easiest/cheapest way to transfer the money from my UK account to my Thai bank account. (kasikorn and bangkok bank)

Many thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Chok Dee Krap!

You don't have to wait a year to get a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You can get a single entry non-o visa and apply for the extension as soon as you get married if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or 40k baht income.

You can also apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that will give you 90 day entries for a year in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof needed. You could then apply for an extension of stay during the last 30 days of any of your 90 entries.

• Like 1

Small note: You will NEED to show at least 100k in Thai Bank IF you apply NON-O in Kuala Lumpur. This is KL rule. Otherwise, 400K you will need only for year extension, and, you can use 400K or WP or Proof of Income from your Embassy in Bangkok.

Small note: You will NEED to show at least 100k in Thai Bank IF you apply NON-O in Kuala Lumpur. This is KL rule. Otherwise, 400K you will need only for year extension, and, you can use 400K or WP or Proof of Income from your Embassy in Bangkok.

That would only be a single entry non-o from KL just to make it clear. KL does not do multiple entry visas.

It is 400k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or 40k baht income proven by an income letter or tax payments if working to get an extension of stay at immigration.

As far as applying for a non O in your own country; it appears most honorary consuls have some sort of financial requirements in place. For example, until last year, at the honorary consul in Amsterdam, only the marriage certificate was enough for a non O multiple entry. These days however, they have implemented a financial requirement of either proofing monthly income (of 12oo euros per month) or a bank account with 20.000 euros in it.

Best to call up your consulate and ask them what their requirements are.

I just got a non o visa from Savannakhet and would implore you to go there. The whole process was incredibly easy and I didn't need to show any financials.

Can you apply for the visa within THAILAND? I don't think so, perhaps ubonjoe can enlighten us.

<deleted>

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ubonjoe
Removed a inflammatory comment

I just got a non o visa from Savannakhet and would implore you to go there. The whole process was incredibly easy and I didn't need to show any financials.

Can you apply for the visa within THAILAND? I don't think so, perhaps ubonjoe can enlighten us.

You apparently got a multiple entry non-o visa. The OP may only need a single entry visa if he decides to get a one year extension of stay.

It is possible do a conversion to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon marriage. You need proof of 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht to do this. Then after about 60 days you can apply for an extension of stay.

For the bank transfer I would suggest bank to bank. So for example, HSBC to yr kasikorn/bkk bank. Any other service would probably charge more.

On the money transfer, never do it through your bank, the rates are crap and yes if you do it thro a bank send it in GBP you will not really know the rate you will get until it arrives but it is always better than the banks in UK.

I move my money with Currency Solutions, also other companies are thefxfirm currency fair lots of the them and they are always better than the banks.

Let me know how you get on the visa I am married and going for a Non Imm O when I get back home to Thailand

I don't want to hijack this thread but would like to ask a question.. If it is the monthly earning can that be joint earnings (husband and wife) or is the the 40k just for the husband?

Is Savannakhet still the best place to go for the visa. I would be looking at a 12 month just to be sure.. any details would be gratefully received.

I don't want to hijack this thread but would like to ask a question.. If it is the monthly earning can that be joint earnings (husband and wife) or is the the 40k just for the husband?

Is Savannakhet still the best place to go for the visa. I would be looking at a 12 month just to be sure.. any details would be gratefully received.

The 40k baht income must be yours only.

For a multiple entry non-o visa Savannakhet is the only place with any certainty that you will get the visa.

You will just need your marriage certificate (plus a copy), signed and dated copies of you wife's house book and ID card,

There are many topics on this forum about getting the visa in Savannakhet.

• Like 1