Three police officers killed in ambush in Yala

webfact

Three police officers killed in ambush in Yala

YALA: -- The deputy commander of Krong Penang district police station and two other policemen were killed when Muslim insurgents ambushed them late Thursday night.

The attack also injured a passerby, a Muslim local resident.

Police said the attack happened at 10:50 pm on a village road of Ladu village in Tambon Sa-eh of Krong Penang district.

When the ambush occurred, a patrol unit of police, which was nearby, rushed to help the three policemen and the reinforcements exchanged gunfire with the insurgents for about ten minutes.

After the insurgents retreated, Pol Lt Col Adinan Isma-il, deputy commander of the Krong Penang police station, Pol Sub Lt Danupol Asae, and Pol Lance Corporal Hama Sarado were found dead.

The three police officers were returning from a praying rite at the mosque in the village when they were ambushed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Three-police-officers-killed-in-ambush-in-Yala-30238275.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-11

Ambush in Yala kills three police officers

7-11-2014-9-52-08-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

YALA: -- A deputy police chief and his two subordinates were killed when heavily armed Muslim insurgents ambushed their vehicle while returning from a mosque in Krong Penang district of Yala province Thursday night.

The slain officer Pol Lt Col Adinant Ismael, the deputy superintendent of Krong Penang police station, was returning from Ban Radoo village with deputy inspector Pol Sub Lt Danupol Arseh, Lance Corporal Hama Sarado and an Imam of a village mosque after a visit to the village to meet the local people during the Ramadan fast.

As they were returning to the police station, a number of insurgents ambushed their pickup truck with assault rifles, forcing the vehicle to run out of the road and fell into roadside ditch.

Also killed were his two subordinates while the Imam was injured.

Police reinforcement arrived 10 minutes later but all insurgents have fled under cover of darkness.

Forensic police returned to the scene this morning to collect evidence to hunt them down later.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ambush-yala-kills-three-police-officers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-11

Three Thai police officers killed in ambush

BANGKOK, July 11, 2014 (AFP) - Three policemen were shot dead in an ambush by suspected Muslim militants in Thailand's insurgency-racked far south, an official said Friday.

The three Muslim officers were returning from evening prayers when they were attacked on Thursday night in Krong Pinang district in Yala province, police said.

"It's the work of militants who want to incite further unrest," Yala deputy police commander Colonel Banlue Chuwet told AFP by telephone.
An imam was shot in the leg in the same attack, he added.

More than 6,000 people have been killed in near-daily bombings and shootings in the Muslim-majority region near Thailand's southern border with Malaysia since 2004.

Buddhist and Muslims alike fall victim to the shadowy militants, who target security forces, civilians and perceived representatives of state authority.

The rebels want a level of autonomy, accusing Thai authorities of disrespecting their Malay culture and language, and of carrying out human rights abuses.

Peace talks between some rebel factions and the Thai authorities stalled as a political crisis erupted in Bangkok last year, culminating in a military coup in May.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-07-11

Three police officers shot dead in Yala province by unknown gunmen

YALA, 11 July 2014 (NNT) - Insurgents opened fire at a police pickup truck in Yala province late Thursday night as the officers were returning to work. Three officers were dead at the scene and one passerby was injured. The incident took place on a roadside in Sa-eh Subdistrict in Krong Pinang District.

Deputy Superintendent Police Colonel Adinant Ismaeel was among those under attack, who called for reinforcements while he and his subordinates were ambushed by a group of about ten 10 assailants who were lurking in a rubber plantation just on the side of the road.

Gun fires were exchanged for about ten minutes before the insurgents fled the scene. The police pickup truck, however, was riddled with bullets before it fell into a ditch on the side of the road.

Three officers were pronounced dead after the shootings, including the Police Colonel Adinan Ismaeel himself. The other two victims were identified as Police Second Lieutenant Danupol Asae and Police Lance Corporal Hama Sarado. One passerby was also wounded in the crossfire.

Investigations reveal that the three officers were on their way back from their evening prayers at a mosque near their village. When they returned, the insurgents opened fire at the officers. It is believed that the insurgents wanted to create a situation to instigate violence during the holy month of Ramadan.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-11 footer_n.gif

This is the first situation I have heard of in which Islamic officers and an Imam were targetted, This is very different from the attacks further north in Yala. This is the second attack in the area in as many days - yesterday it was two nursing students in a market which I pass by often.

I would suspect that this is a group from outside acting with a targetted purpose - specifically to further the interests of a select group of people. When furthering the interests of a target group, you can do this firstl by intimidating and finally through following on with threats.

The first attack appears to be a follow through, in which it has been threatened several times that Buddhist medical staff would be targeted. The two medical students in the markets were much softer targets than hospital staff which have armed guards in many places.

The second attack (my own speculation) may be a case in which the local population resisted the intentions of a nearby group, and as such are now being "killed out" as is common in Buddhist villages - slowly working through the most senior people in the village the population is whittled down and land sold at rock bottom rates to the attacking parties as they are the only ones willing to buy the land - and the sellers willing to sell at rock bottom prices. Due to the fact that the officers and the Imam (obviously) were Muslim and traditionally these groups do not attack each other, I would suspect there has been a difference in opinions of direction somewhere.

A worrying and terrifying thing for the people of Ban Krong Penang, but perhaps a wake up call that not only the lives of Buddhists are at risk, and that Muslims can also be designated "infidels", and that Muslims too must stand up for their moderate way of life if they wish to avoid the oppression of Shariah.

If you are a Muslim from the south and reading this, understand that some of us want to work with you, and that sometimes your biggest threat comes from within. The only way to defeat a Jin is through a unified stance of resistance.

• Like 2

These warped minds...can not be logically or politically dealt with...they understand brute force, coercion, and cowardly acts of destruction...

The Thai army should do a sweep of the area...confiscate guns and explosives...kill the bastards where they live...

• Like 2

Malaysia has been harboring Islamist many years and they are involved in Thailand.

http://thediplomat.com/2014/07/isis-a-threat-well-beyond-the-middle-east/

To be honest I would not call it Malaysia but some Malaysians and of course people in Kelantan do support the insurgency to some part in the deep South but this is under no way tolerated by the Malaysian Government.

ISIS was at least until recently financed by the Saudis and many of the GCC states which wanted to bring down the Syrian regime but ISIS decided to put claim on parts of Iraq. If ISIS would have just gone after Syria nobody would really git a shit as everyone knows that it was at times sponsored and tolerated by the West.

Now the West is asking it's citizen not go go more and join ISIS bceause they feel that once the fighter are coming back to the Western countries they will start attacks on the West.

What is strange in the South of Thailand is that all those people's I met are of Malay stock and most of them are born in the deep South.

In regards of the war that is goin on in the Deep South I wondern why on earth the police is driving at night if even the army returns to the barracks after 6.30pm

Its time for the army in the South to apply a curfew that is enforced by the army and not by the police. I drove at night in the deep South and was not once checked by the army and the only one that checked were the insurgents at night as I am fluent in Malay (better then my Thai) and I always informed them my wife is Malay, also my wife is actually Buddhist.

After having a baby boy I stopped going to the South but the problem in the South has many roots. Thaksin who started that mess is long gone but the problems still exist, specially in Raman dustrict in Yala and Krong Pinang. Many of the deaths over the past years happen in those districts. Krong Pinang or as it is known as Kampong Pinang has only 8000-9000 villagers and must be possible to control.

If the Thai Amry is able to send 20-30,000 soldiers in this area they will be able to break the insurgency.

Thanks Buddha we are only dealing with Thai/Malays and Malays from Kelantan. If it would be ISIS they would have come to Phuket, Bangkok etc already and place haroc on Thailand,

Edited by MobileContent

This is the first situation I have heard of in which Islamic officers and an Imam were targetted, This is very different from the attacks further north in Yala. This is the second attack in the area in as many days - yesterday it was two nursing students in a market which I pass by often.

I would suspect that this is a group from outside acting with a targetted purpose - specifically to further the interests of a select group of people. When furthering the interests of a target group, you can do this firstl by intimidating and finally through following on with threats.

The first attack appears to be a follow through, in which it has been threatened several times that Buddhist medical staff would be targeted. The two medical students in the markets were much softer targets than hospital staff which have armed guards in many places.

The second attack (my own speculation) may be a case in which the local population resisted the intentions of a nearby group, and as such are now being "killed out" as is common in Buddhist villages - slowly working through the most senior people in the village the population is whittled down and land sold at rock bottom rates to the attacking parties as they are the only ones willing to buy the land - and the sellers willing to sell at rock bottom prices. Due to the fact that the officers and the Imam (obviously) were Muslim and traditionally these groups do not attack each other, I would suspect there has been a difference in opinions of direction somewhere.

A worrying and terrifying thing for the people of Ban Krong Penang, but perhaps a wake up call that not only the lives of Buddhists are at risk, and that Muslims can also be designated "infidels", and that Muslims too must stand up for their moderate way of life if they wish to avoid the oppression of Shariah.

If you are a Muslim from the south and reading this, understand that some of us want to work with you, and that sometimes your biggest threat comes from within. The only way to defeat a Jin is through a unified stance of resistance.

Very well said +1

I am sick to death of hearing about these cowardly muslim terrorists , not only in thailand but around the world killing and maiming the innocents, it is time the governments of every country stood up to the islam terrorists.

the saying is so true ( not all muslims are terrorists but most terrorists are muslim )

but everyone is afraid of being either branded as a racist or being targeted by these brainwashed morons.

As they were calling for peaceful dialogue, at least two Imams have been murdered by the militants . Also Muslims within the Thai security forces in the deep South.

"As they were calling for peaceful dialogue, at least two Imams have been murdered by the militants . Also Muslims within the Thai security forces in the deep South."

Irrelevant, most Germans weren't fanatical Nazis but the fanatics determined the nation's course. Same with the current problem with Islam and terrorism. Someone posted an article a few weeks ago discussing how the head of Yala Islamic University (a prominent institution in the region and one that is not under the Thai government to the best of my knowledge) spent 3 days with the leader of JI prior to his arrest in Ayutthaya. "Where there is smoke there is fire" and it's impossible to deny the power these creeps have. Now we have 3 dead heroes (and surely that is not exaggeration as working as a police or soldier or teacher in this region is heroic). Obviously we fa-rangs won't be able to contribute more than talking online but I'm certainly not going to stand here while people try to whitewash "evil".

"As they were calling for peaceful dialogue, at least two Imams have been murdered by the militants . Also Muslims within the Thai security forces in the deep South."

Irrelevant, most Germans weren't fanatical Nazis but the fanatics determined the nation's course. Same with the current problem with Islam and terrorism. Someone posted an article a few weeks ago discussing how the head of Yala Islamic University (a prominent institution in the region and one that is not under the Thai government to the best of my knowledge) spent 3 days with the leader of JI prior to his arrest in Ayutthaya. "Where there is smoke there is fire" and it's impossible to deny the power these creeps have. Now we have 3 dead heroes (and surely that is not exaggeration as working as a police or soldier or teacher in this region is heroic). Obviously we fa-rangs won't be able to contribute more than talking online but I'm certainly not going to stand here while people try to whitewash "evil".

And I will not 'stand here' & be accused of white washing the evil of terrorism; that is a falsehood. Let's leave at that otherwise both of us be judged by the mods of indulging in personal commentry.

Edited by simple1

"And I will not 'stand here' & be accused of white washing the evil of terrorism; that is a falsehood. Let's leave at that otherwise both of us be judged by the mods of indulging in personal commentry."

I made no such personal attack, simply said: "
Obviously we fa-rangs won't be able to contribute more than talking online but I'm certainly not going to stand here while people try to whitewash "evil"." But I will point at that by your own rule-stick it is fair to describe you as a terrorist sympathizer, as you accused me of terrorist sympathy for the 969 group in Myanmar when I suggested that Burmese Buddhists are (or may be, haven't been so I don't know for sure) acting in self-defense, I'll gladly google the post for proof. Rather disingenous on your behalf if you ask me. Is it not civil discourse to say this, Scott?