Thaivisas new Bar.

The Thaivisa bar in Bangkok has been open for a week now, how is it doing? Has it been busy throught the week? I have not read any reports since it opened. If there are reports about it in a different forum, then my apologies.

Personally the bar doesn't really excite me and I can't see it doing much for the expat community that i know... Its seems to fall into a awkward middle ground in location price and demographic.

I'm 37 of modest means and nothing really draws me there, if i'm having a night out on sukhumvit i prefer to head up to the more select bars up soi 11, its a little more expensive but you get what you pay for and its probably where i fit in best.

If i'm out for a drink in the afternoon or just few in my shorts and flip flops i'll usually bury my pride, grab a seat a the golden bar on soi 4 at 80 bht a drink and have the street theater as entertainment...

I just spent a pleasant hour or so there, in the upstairs part with a large video screen showing some great excerpts of 'pop' songs, usually from live shows!! There were some people playing pool!! Of course, it's a Buddhist holiday, so may have been reason it was fairly quiet, although busier downstairs!!

The 'discount' issue is a bit of a bind though!!! I am a TV member but because I don't have a smartphone, no discount!! This seems hugely unfair and there must be a solution to this issue! A pleasant waitress told me they cannot check members names because they haven't got wifi!!!!! Please, guys, can you come up with a solution to this unfair problem?

Personally the bar doesn't really excite me and I can't see it doing much for the expat community that i know... Its seems to fall into a awkward middle ground in location price and demographic.

I'm 37 of modest means and nothing really draws me there, if i'm having a night out on sukhumvit i prefer to head up to the more select bars up soi 11, its a little more expensive but you get what you pay for and its probably where i fit in best.

If i'm out for a drink in the afternoon or just few in my shorts and flip flops i'll usually bury my pride, grab a seat a the golden bar on soi 4 at 80 bht a drink and have the street theater as entertainment...

I think the bar may be more suitable for older expats like me for meeting up, rather than competeing with other bars for entertainment etc. When I go to Bangkok, I will try to find out if any members who I know but have never met will be there.

I just spent a pleasant hour or so there, in the upstairs part with a large video screen showing some great excerpts of 'pop' songs, usually from live shows!! There were some people playing pool!! Of course, it's a Buddhist holiday, so may have been reason it was fairly quiet, although busier downstairs!!

The 'discount' issue is a bit of a bind though!!! I am a TV member but because I don't have a smartphone, no discount!! This seems hugely unfair and there must be a solution to this issue! A pleasant waitress told me they cannot check members names because they haven't got wifi!!!!! Please, guys, can you come up with a solution to this unfair problem?

I remember George saying that there are other ways of identifying you as a TV member. I am surprised that there is no wifi, but I would imagine it is only temperary.

Where is this place? Hadn't heard about it till I read this post and you blokes' responses...

Thanks.

Soi 7, round the corner from exit 1 on the BTS station, about 100 mts up on the left hand side. I have not been there yet, but I will be shortly.

A bar with its roots from an internet forum.

And has no wi fi ????

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

probably a wise move by George - keep out the riff-raff coming in and ordering a bottle of chang water and sitting in the aircon with their notebook for 5 hours using the free wifi.

on the other hand...perhaps they didn't think about it laugh.png

Edited by bkkjames

I have not been back since opening but I would guess that unless you shoot pool there would be little to pull you back. Not saying it is a bad place just saying that other than pool there it is nothing special. I know there is a discount for TV members but I think the prices are still a bit high. No, free wifi ? This can't be .....

Is pool free ?

Like any new business, if it is not working you make some changes until it does or you shut it down. I wish them luck !

A bar with its roots from an internet forum.

And has no wi fi ????

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

probably a wise move by George - keep out the riff-raff coming in and ordering a bottle of chang water and sitting in the aircon with their notebook for 5 hours using the free wifi.

on the other hand...perhaps they didn't think about it laugh.png

There's such a thing as a finger pointing at the door, and the use of the word "OUT".