Looking for a flight from thailand to uk

sodapak

I use both skyscanner.co.th and momondo.com and they are both good and you can set up email alerts for the date you want to travel when the price changes.

I'm travelling on the 19th Aug and got a one-way to LHR for 16000THB last week with Jet Airways.

If you book and pay for it now, 26K baht is doable.

http://www.momondo.com/

Every day you wait increases the cost.

chiang mai , seems like a good site have you used them , can you recomend them ? thanks .

Yes, I've used them very effectively for all my flights in recent years. I especially like the facility to see the cheapest day to travel, simply plug in your destination and dates and it will display the cost of travel on subsequent days also.

• Like 1

Just keep in mind when using ALL online booking sites, they are terrific until something goes wrong such as a cancelled or a missed flight or a need to change flights...at that point, one can enter the gates of hell.

Many have no phone support, no live agents you can talk to. Only Email support is on offer with endless drop down menus that never quite get to your problem.

I just talked to a friend last night who is having a huge hassel with KAYAK.COM because of a cancelled flight.

It took me two years to finally get a refund from EXPEDIA after Alitalia cancelled a flight I had booked. Each kept claiming the other had to issue the refund and I finally ended up having to make a written complaint to the state Attorney General's office of Consumer Affairs. That got it resolved in a hurry.

Another time, I went to book a flight on KAYAK but my CC was declined. I continued searching on another site, found a better flight and booked it on another card. The next morning I awoke to an Email from Kayak confirming my original booking...they had re-submitted my card and this time it had been approved. MASSIVE headache trying to straighten that one out because if one reads the small print, all bookings, once submitted are non-refundable. Ultimately cost me fees of more than $200.00 to cancel the first booking. Never trust a card decline!! The seller can continue to resubmit it for a long time.

BEFORE you book online, do a bit of Googling on the booking site and see how easily they resolve problems. Make sure the site has an actual phone number with a real person on the other end.

Some booking sites actually link to individual ticket agencies to purchase the tickets and tracking one of these agencies down can be really difficult. The card decline situation I described above involved a small agency in Virginia and I spent many hours on hold trying to communicate with them.

• Like 2

Just keep in mind when using ALL online booking sites, they are terrific until something goes wrong such as a cancelled or a missed flight or a need to change flights...at that point, one can enter the gates of hell.

Many have no phone support, no live agents you can talk to. Only Email support is on offer with endless drop down menus that never quite get to your problem.

I just talked to a friend last night who is having a huge hassel with KAYAK.COM because of a cancelled flight.

It took me two years to finally get a refund from EXPEDIA after Alitalia cancelled a flight I had booked. Each kept claiming the other had to issue the refund and I finally ended up having to make a written complaint to the state Attorney General's office of Consumer Affairs. That got it resolved in a hurry.

Another time, I went to book a flight on KAYAK but my CC was declined. I continued searching on another site, found a better flight and booked it on another card. The next morning I awoke to an Email from Kayak confirming my original booking...they had re-submitted my card and this time it had been approved. MASSIVE headache trying to straighten that one out because if one reads the small print, all bookings, once submitted are non-refundable. Ultimately cost me fees of more than $200.00 to cancel the first booking. Never trust a card decline!! The seller can continue to resubmit it for a long time.

BEFORE you book online, do a bit of Googling on the booking site and see how easily they resolve problems. Make sure the site has an actual phone number with a real person on the other end.

Some booking sites actually link to individual ticket agencies to purchase the tickets and tracking one of these agencies down can be really difficult. The card decline situation I described above involved a small agency in Virginia and I spent many hours on hold trying to communicate with them.

Good advice

OP, I would suggest you book with Air India, directly, online.

Think, they are the cheapest around.

Used them many times in the past and have no complaints.

As long as you don't mind having chicken or lamb curry for lunch or dinner.

Great advice. I would add when you find an airfare on these sites go and look for the same deal direct with the airline or with a trusted travel agent. You may get a better price or slightly more but your in a much better position regarding service levels and cancellation etc with airline direct and a good travel agent.