New car buyer program?

How much cheaper?

Does it apply for thai national who has never bought a car or has never bought a new car before?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Cheaper than the original pricethumbsup.gif

Applies to first time new car buyer or first time car buyer?

How about loan? Or must we purchase in cash?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You are talking about the 2012 scam scheme?

The dealer sorted it and if you were lucky you would have got your rebate about one year later ... many are still waiting.

It applied to those who had never owned a car before

The rebate could be up to 100,000 baht. So overall the car would be cheaper.

However this totally <deleted>**ed the 2nd hand car market so everyone else lost.

The first car buyer scheme is well and truly over.

How it did work is that the excise tax dept would rebate up to 100,000 Baht of the excise tax value, for qualifying cars and pickups (Thai made only, <=1.5L if a car, < 1M Baht price), and qualifying buyers (Thai nationality who have never had a car registered in their name).

The rebate was/is given 12 months after initial purchase (but there have been some delays), and a 5 year transfer of ownership block was recorded at the DLT.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have any ideas about how to actually receive the money? My gf purchased a new car against my suggestion and now I am waiting for my (our) money back. She tells me cha cha but I would like to know who to put some pressure on the reduce the cha cha time. If indeed it is going to happen at all, as I suggest it won't.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to actually receive the money? My gf purchased a new car against my suggestion and now I am waiting for my (our) money back. She tells me cha cha but I would like to know who to put some pressure on the reduce the cha cha time. If indeed it is going to happen at all, as I suggest it won't.

When did you buy it? Was all the paperwork put into the correct places?

• 1 year later...

All the paperwork was put in place within the prescribed period. Car purchased at a Toyota dealer.

If not received yet, there's something wrong.

All had been paid now and the program has been officially ended.

All the paperwork was put in place within the prescribed period. Car purchased at a Toyota dealer.

Correct - it's over and everyone has been paid.

I think the OP needs to ask his GF when she received the money, not if ;)

I think the OP needs to ask his GF when she received the money, not if wink.png

Weren't there rumors of some people not getting paid as the money had / was running out? I seem to recall something in the press about it. I got my car in march 2013 and got paid, Well, my wife did, anyway. Is there a chance some latecomers to the program were not paid?

Weren't there rumors of some people not getting paid as the money had / was running out? I seem to recall something in the press about it. I got my car in march 2013 and got paid, Well, my wife did, anyway. Is there a chance some latecomers to the program were not paid?

The only thing that they changed was create a cut-off date for delivery. No payments were withheld.

No, no chance of that.