Seeking a condo front door with noise insulation

The condo has a wooden door, but I'm guessing it hollow since whenever someone walks in the hallway outside its clearly audible inside the unit.

Any suggestions for suppliers/shops (Jomtien or Pattaya) which offer condo front doors with good noise insulation?.

Cheers

Scorpion Doors near the corner of 3rd Rd and Klang have some quite good ones in many styles. They are metal security doors so you have the added benefit of proper locks etc. http://scorpiondoors.com

I dont think your door is necessarily hollow as my solid wood door also lets in the noise of people passing on occasions. I'm towards the far end of the corridor and it's very rare so I've never bothered actually changing the door. I just put some draft excluding foam from a DIY store around the frame and that was good enough.

• Like 1

Scorpion Doors near the corner of 3rd Rd and Klang have some quite good ones in many styles. They are metal security doors so you have the added benefit of proper locks etc. http://scorpiondoors.com

I dont think your door is necessarily hollow as my solid wood door also lets in the noise of people passing on occasions. I'm towards the far end of the corridor and it's very rare so I've never bothered actually changing the door. I just put some draft excluding foam from a DIY store around the frame and that was good enough.

Take note that the gap between fixed door panel and floor should not exceed 5mm, or else sound waves get in through this gap.

Take note that the gap between fixed door panel and floor should not exceed 5mm, or else sound waves get in through this gap.

Actually I think the sound can get through a much smaller gap than that. My door also has a draft excluder strip that is about as effective as the foam around the frame is: not perfect but good enough for my needs.

The security doors I saw had proper rubber seals all the way round and this probably accounts for a great deal of the noise reducing effect, as you mention.

Tnx.

Could you please post a photo of how it looks like? so you've basically glued foam around the door frame?

Is it possible to buy the mentioned rubber seal as an add-on to an existing door?

Cheers