Surat Thani introduces new tourism spot atop a cliff

webfact

Surat Thani introduces new tourism spot atop a cliff

SURAT THANI, 15 July 2014 (NNT) – Surat Thani province has unveiled its latest tourist attraction called the “Hin Pad” or the giant fan-shaped stone located atop a cliff.

Surat Thani Governor Chatpong Chatphut along with villagers and members of relevant agencies have joined in a religious ceremony to pay respects to the forest spirits and to let tourists get a chance to see the “Hin Pad”.

The giant stone measures 6 meters in height and rests on a steep cliff with a base of around 30 centimeters that doesn’t fully touch the ground. A beautiful scenic view can be seen through the gap between the gigantic stone and the ground where the base touches.

Locals have pushed for the spot to become a tourist destination for quite some time now, until finally, governor Chatpong came down to visit the site himself. The location will, therefore, be lifted as an official eco-friendly tourism route.

Hin Pad at Baan Suan Yao is located 15 kilometers away from the Kirirat Nikom Train Station on Highway 4247. The province is in the process of improving the roads and setting up sightseeing pit stops and bathrooms along the way for better convenience of tourists.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-15 footer_n.gif

Shame nobody took a camera along.

That's Surat Thani's cunning plan to get you to go see it...

Agree! There are lots of places sign posted on the highways and bi ways of Mainland Suratthanni province, but not photographed to entice people to go there! sad.pngfacepalm.gif

Shame nobody took a camera along.

That's Surat Thani's cunning plan to get you to go see it...

Agree! There are lots of places sign posted on the highways and bi ways of Mainland Suratthanni province, but not photographed to entice people to go there! sad.pngfacepalm.gif

Perhaps it's a job for........ what do you say Jim?

Quote Rooo!

"Perhaps it's a job for........ what do you say Jim?"

Are you offering to be chauffeur? tongue.pngwhistling.gif

Nice link there Oneday, yep some lovely spots to go see... and the roads are generally very good & easy driving....thumbsup.gif

I know with me, it's a case of the places closer,to Samui, one tends to think "next time"... although I did detour into Khanom, last time I headed to Songkhla... Khanom would be a good place to use as base for sight seeing the eastern parts of Surat Province... thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

Page 17 of this .PDF file you can see a picture.

http://media.suratthani.go.th/document/good_man_town/PDF_Zone_2_I.pdf

Where do these journalist get their education. The first thing everybody expects is to see a picture of this attraction.

The publication was reasonably well done. Nice photos.

Except for the ridiculous title, "Good Man Town", translated from "“เมืองคนดี”", (Muang Khon Dee).

There is a better sounding translation used later, "City of Good People". But it still sounds a bit quaint. Pity that there is a lack of imagination among the ten members of the Board of Editors.

And, of course, the English.

For example the introduction.

"Welcome to Surat Thani

Sun Sea Sand We can Show when you are going
Many place in this case interesting
Sightseeing Suratthani we can show"
Oh dear, oh dear.
Surely they could pay a native English speaker a few thousand Baht to scan through the English? I would even do it for a couple of beers.

From Chumpon downm there are some great areas. Haven't really discovered the whole of Surat/ Nakhon Si area yet. i am sure there are some hidden gems, would be great to share.

Some various pics HERE.

• Like 2

So much taxpayer money gets wasted on 'tourism promotion' projects that often end up making the designated attraction less, er, attractive than it was to begin with: surrounded by souvenir stands, the ground covered with trash,etc.

A look at the pic informs me that this site is a far cry from Bryce Canyon...

Sorry for the cynicism...morning coffee has yet to kick in.

So much taxpayer money gets wasted on 'tourism promotion' projects that often end up making the designated attraction less, er, attractive than it was to begin with: surrounded by souvenir stands, the ground covered with trash,etc.

A look at the pic informs me that this site is a far cry from Bryce Canyon...

Sorry for the cynicism...morning coffee has yet to kick in.

No posting before the coffee kicks in! tongue.png ....we are not in Utah ! wink.png

Not all areas of USA and other western nations are litter free... I have seen beaches in Hawaii with all kinds of junk ...... from TV's to old sofas ... and the plastic too! facepalm.gif