Rayong power plant protest activist shoots himself

webfact

Power plant protest activist shoots himself

7-16-2014-11-52-43-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Environmental activist and leading protesters against Rayong power plant construction, Suthi Atchasai, was dead after he shot himself inside his car.

Chief of Rayong police Pol Col TanawatbTiraruangchotchai said Wednesday morning that Suthi used his own .38 revolver to shoot himself on the head inside his green pickup truck parked inside his home in Rayong at 3.00 a.m. today.

Investigation revealed later that the environmental activist walked up to see his mother at the kitchen first and later he went out to sit in his truck.

He fired three shots from inside hitting the windshield and car park roof, and another shot on his right temple.

He was rushed to Rayong hospital by his mother and brother and was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.

His mother ruled out any murder attempt as there was nobody during the shooting and believed her son took his own life because of stress.

It was a suicide, she said.

Police are investigating and collecting evidence at the scene this morning.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/power-plant-protest-activist-shoots/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-16

Not right for a guy to do something like this in the house of his own mother.

Should have driven a couple miles away.

I had a childhood friend who when in his 40s shoot himself/committed suicide in front of his mother and daughter in their home that all three lived in. He was a known alcoholic, divorced, and been out of work for years...I expect depression reached a point it triggered suicide.

OK - if mom says there was no one there, fair enough....

But - really - who takes 3 attempts to shoot themselves? And he's an activist.

So foul play completely ruled out?

Well put.

It is sad what people will do instead seeking help. While I was a Manager for an airline in US we had an employee who had been caught twice during radom drug screening. He had undergone rehab in between the screening. He was terminated per company reules and Union Contract. About two months later he stabbed himself to death, I am talking many wounds and bled out in his appartment, no wife.

Very sad and you always wonder what more could have been done. Many of his fellow employees and from employees tyred to keep up with him. Sad !!

3 shots indicates a struggle and the mother ruling out foul play indicates fear.

...and the stab wound in the back indicates an attempt to dispatch himself earlier in the day. The zip-tie around his neck is just proof of his masochistic tendencies. And the suicide note dropped off at the local police station three hours after the suicide indicates he had an accomplice...

Honestly, a three shot suicide and foul play is completely ruled out? Probably it's just because he was a nice guy not bothering anyone so there's simply no possible motive... blink.png

• Like 2

Suicides with multiple shots been fired are very suspect, and mostly not what they seem to be, not a suicide I mean, I hope there has been an extensive forensic analysis started on this one, before Mr Suthi's body has been 'cleaned', and the pick-up truck has been cleaned up thoroughly too by friendly helping hands... A 'shadow' in the spread of blood stains inside the cabin could prove there was some helping hand at work already, for instance... Very strange, weird, and so 'convenient' for the powerfull, ruthless, people he was opposing!

Suicides with multiple shots been fired are very suspect, and mostly not what they seem to be, not a suicide I mean, I hope there has been an extensive forensic analysis started on this one, before Mr Suthi's body has been 'cleaned', and the pick-up truck has been cleaned up thoroughly too by friendly helping hands... A 'shadow' in the spread of blood stains inside the cabin could prove there was some helping hand at work already, for instance... Very strange, weird, and so 'convenient' for the powerfull, ruthless, people he was opposing!

The BKK Police Chief Inspector just called...he wants you to lead the investigation.

He has requested you bring your 5-season collection of CSI:Miami starring David Caruso along with you.

;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

TIT... remember? Expect nothing from forensics.

The BKK Police Chief Inspector just called...he wants you to lead the investigation.

He has requested you bring your 5-season collection of CSI:Miami starring David Caruso along with you.

;-)

Very careful wording, not claiming to know any actual facts about the case. Jab undeserved.

;-)

You're probably more a fan of the Keystone cops. Well, you must feel at home here. LOL. As for what I wrote, it has nothing to do with any TV serie or motion picture, it's just that for a while I have been learning a bit about that kind of stuff, but nothing you need to know about... Sleep well, when it's more easy for you to believe, snap, like that, this man fired three shots to commit suicide, ...do you have BiB's in the family, maybe?

Allow me to add to my previous reaction, that committing suicide, by firing three shots, with a revolver, for who knows how a revolver works, by opposition to a pistol for instance, is even more 'strange', and harder to believe...

Seems more like murder to me, and the other 2 shots point to the possibility he was struggling with his attacker and loosed off 2 shots before the third going into his head after he was gotten the better of.

The attacker could easily have fled before anyone came out, the first reaction would be to inspect the vehicle, not the street outside.. Do they really think the attacker would be hanging around?

He was an activist and therefore large corporations would see him as a big problem..... Sorry but this stinks to high heaven of a contract killing.

;-)

You're probably more a fan of the Keystone cops. Well, you must feel at home here. LOL. As for what I wrote, it has nothing to do with any TV serie or motion picture, it's just that for a while I have been learning a bit about that kind of stuff, but nothing you need to know about... Sleep well, when it's more easy for you to believe, snap, like that, this man fired three shots to commit suicide, ...do you have BiB's in the family, maybe?

In the last conversation the mother had with the son he was very distraught about personal circumstances in his life. The mother thinks he killed himself. She is not surprised he killed himself.

On the other hand, if the mother had stated her son was a happy man and she doesn't believe he would kill himself then by all means call in CSI.

The Police always take such a beating here on TV but there have been many cases where they have done good detective and police work and apprehended suspects faster than Western counterparts. I always get a kick out of all the TV crowd who loves conspiracies based on the few facts typically misquoted in a brief coconuts news article.

No relatives in the BIB--haven't had any legal troubles since I got here but it never hurts to have connections.

Cheers

Allow me to add to my previous reaction, that committing suicide, by firing three shots, with a revolver, for who knows how a revolver works, by opposition to a pistol for instance, is even more 'strange', and harder to believe...

I think I know how a revolver works. My guess is the shot in the head is the one that killed him and so its likely that was the third and last shot fired rather than the first or second.

Would you agree?

How about this. The guy is distressed and fires off a couple of shots through the windshield hitting a building without rational cause other than stress. It's easy to see whether the shots were fired from inside rather than from outside due to broken glass patterns.

If there is no evidence of shots coming in from the outside, and there are 3 recently spent cartridges in the cylinder, then he may have been the only shooter.

After touching off a couple in frustration "at the world," he points the pistol (revolver) at his temple and pulls the trigger.

If he was having a conversation with his mother, and it was in the middle of the night, then she was awake.

If there is no evidence of another shooter such as spent shells from a semi, or bullets fired from a different gun, then the mother's belief in suicide based on his mental condition makes that the first thing to ascertain.

• Like 1

I think I know how a revolver works. My guess is the shot in the head is the one that killed him and so its likely that was the third and last shot fired rather than the first or second.

Would you agree?

It sounds like some others don't know about a revolver. It has a rotating cylinder that when the gun is fired, rotates to bring the next round into place. Here are two pictures. The first shows the cylinder swung out for reloading. Some of the cartridges aren't pushed all the way in yet.

The second picture shows the cylinder in place ready to fire.

A revolver holds fewer rounds than most semi's, but can be the weapon of choice for some bad guys because it doesn't eject spent casings, leaving as much evidence at the scene.

post-164212-0-19480600-1405542897_thumb.

post-164212-0-34858700-1405542919_thumb.

• Like 1