Yingluck seeks NCPO's permission to visit Europe

webfact

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has unanimously agreed to press corruption charges against ex-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in the rice pledging scheme

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5707170010012

Will that satisfy your definition of court cases? These are formal charges any way you look at it.

I don't get it.

I said Yingluck faces no court cases in Thailand. You say, again, above, that as of the millisecond you posted that comment, that Yingluck faces no court cases in Thailand. Who, or what are you arguing against? If Yingluck faces court cases, just list them. Otherwise, we agree completely that as of the time Yingluck's permission to travel was granted (and as I write this, long afterwards) Yingluck faces (present tense) no charges and/or no court cases.

I'd add that the reason I made the point in the first place is because the NCPO's public announcement of Yingluck's legal departure on Sunday specifically stipulated there are no court cases/legal charges pending against her. So far as I can determine, this specific NCPO announcement is not a bald-faced, vicious, anti-justice, tyrannical propaganda lie. You SEEM to be saying it is, which is certainly possible from a junta. But you won't say how they (and I) are wrong. Neither the junta's propaganda agents nor I predicted what might happen in the future, note - only what is the current situation.

It's very binary. She does or does not. Why not just list the courts and charges she will be absconding from on Sunday - or at least one of them - and get the vital internet satisfaction of humiliating your opponent? Here's an example:

Claim: Thaksin doesn't face any current court cases in Thailand.

Refutation: How stupid and ill-informed are you, you idiot? Yes he does. His bail-jumping is a case pending at the Supreme Court. So is his appearance to hear and acknowledge his two-year sentence in his malfeasance case. A corruption case is also pending, for which Thaksin did not appear when summoned. He has at least three current, active court cases open, all at the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions. He is a clear absconder and there is an open order from the Court for him to appear.

Claim: Yingluck doesn't currently face any cases:

Refutation: Yes she does. (Your detail(s) of court(s) and charge(s) here: _________________________________). Use all the space you need, Thai Visa has a special on Ascii this week: all you want for free.

Does she have a diplomatic passport or does she have to apply for a visa like real people?

She has a diplomatic passport, as do all but one ex-premiers and most ex-ministers. But she still needs visas, although getting them is an easier process than for me and thee.

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has unanimously agreed to press corruption charges against ex-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in the rice pledging scheme

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5707170010012

Will that satisfy your definition of court cases? These are formal charges any way you look at it.

I don't get it.

I said Yingluck faces no court cases in Thailand. You say, again, above, that as of the millisecond you posted that comment, that Yingluck faces no court cases in Thailand. Who, or what are you arguing against? If Yingluck faces court cases, just list them. Otherwise, we agree completely that as of the time Yingluck's permission to travel was granted (and as I write this, long afterwards) Yingluck faces (present tense) no charges and/or no court cases.

I'd add that the reason I made the point in the first place is because the NCPO's public announcement of Yingluck's legal departure on Sunday specifically stipulated there are no court cases/legal charges pending against her. So far as I can determine, this specific NCPO announcement is not a bald-faced, vicious, anti-justice, tyrannical propaganda lie. You SEEM to be saying it is, which is certainly possible from a junta. But you won't say how they (and I) are wrong. Neither the junta's propaganda agents nor I predicted what might happen in the future, note - only what is the current situation.

It's very binary. She does or does not. Why not just list the courts and charges she will be absconding from on Sunday - or at least one of them - and get the vital internet satisfaction of humiliating your opponent? Here's an example:

Claim: Thaksin doesn't face any current court cases in Thailand.

Refutation: How stupid and ill-informed are you, you idiot? Yes he does. His bail-jumping is a case pending at the Supreme Court. So is his appearance to hear and acknowledge his two-year sentence in his malfeasance case. A corruption case is also pending, for which Thaksin did not appear when summoned. He has at least three current, active court cases open, all at the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions. He is a clear absconder and there is an open order from the Court for him to appear.

Claim: Yingluck doesn't currently face any cases:

Refutation: Yes she does. (Your detail(s) of court(s) and charge(s) here: _________________________________). Use all the space you need, Thai Visa has a special on Ascii this week: all you want for free.

Does she have a diplomatic passport or does she have to apply for a visa like real people?

She has a diplomatic passport, as do all but one ex-premiers and most ex-ministers. But she still needs visas, although getting them is an easier process than for me and thee.

I don't get it.

I believe you.

'There are non so blind as those who will not see'

we agree completely that as of the time Yingluck's permission to travel was granted (and as I write this, long afterwards) Yingluck faces (present tense) no charges and/or no court cases.

No. We do not agree (completely of otherwise) e.g. "... there are also civil suits that will be decided in the courts, so there are court cases awaiting her for her massive failures during the 2011 floods. I notice that you 'conveniently' neglected to respond to that part of my post."

"... in civil suits, there are no charges filed; only complaints to be adjudicated in the courts. Charges are filed by a District Attorney or the Attorney General and are, usually but not always, criminal charges. A friend of mine is suing someone in the courts and he has been counter-sued. Neither he, nor the person he is suing, have been 'charged' with anything, and yet, they both face court cases."

By these standards, Ms Yingluck faced/faces court cases as I stated in my original post.

I do notice that you keep snipping away my evidence of your prevarications.

edit to include this tidbit: Yingluck faces 32 cases. Some involve an investigation while others are at the fact-finding stage.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/743762-yingluck-not-travelling-overseas-to-escape-prosecution-lawyer/

Those 32 cases did not materialize since the NCPO gave her permission to travel so that makes you either grossly ignorant or a lying propagandist. Which are you, wandasloan? I beginning to strongly suspect the latter. Please don't reply to this post or you will continue to make yourself an object of ridicule.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

bullying Thailand's first female PM is extremely distasteful

she was not a 'great' but I think did her best and deserved some credit for her demeanor against terrible odds from Phra Suthep and his cronies

give her a break

but I think did her best

She did nothing, absolutly nothing.

bullying Thailand's first female PM is extremely distasteful

she was not a 'great' but I think did her best and deserved some credit for her demeanor against terrible odds from Phra Suthep and his cronies

give her a break

I wish you would give it a break.

She is responsible for the rice scam for starters

• Like 1

You guys need to lighten up a bit. She's probably a very nice woman. Just got in above her head.

She may well be a nice woman, a looker too but let that not distract us from the facts. She's had her 'hands in the pies' for years on the orders of her brother. Let's also not forget that she's an adult, apparently an educated one too so there really are no excuses for her behaviour whilst in office.

A decent statesman leads, not drag his or her country through political, financial and violent struggles like she was responsible for and now needs to answer for.

Nice woman or not, she needs to answer for her actions. Does this mean she's not entitled to foreign, VIP, first class jaunt to meet the puppet master? In my opinion, YES!

• Like 1

Have all you anti PTP posters seen different news bulletins to mine? AS I understand it Yingluck is being charged with NEGLIGENCE!!! Not corruption. What negligence has to do with the anti CORRUPTION commission I fail to see. I wouldn't blame her at all if she turned her back on Thailand. Clearly she is being railroaded in accordance with the wishes of Suthep and the Democrats who are not able to win a free election. Government of choice by the majority of Thai people. If PTP is their choice then so be it. America: keep your noses out of other countries business. Foreigners: keep your noses out of Thai politics.

Have all you anti PTP posters seen different news bulletins to mine? AS I understand it Yingluck is being charged with NEGLIGENCE!!! Not corruption. What negligence has to do with the anti CORRUPTION commission I fail to see. I wouldn't blame her at all if she turned her back on Thailand. Clearly she is being railroaded in accordance with the wishes of Suthep and the Democrats who are not able to win a free election. Government of choice by the majority of Thai people. If PTP is their choice then so be it. America: keep your noses out of other countries business. Foreigners: keep your noses out of Thai politics.

He says talking about politics!

Ahh, poor Yingluck :(