Yingluck seeks NCPO's permission to visit Europe

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's hope for a big, hearty and resounding NO!!!!!!

yingluck seems to forget that not all people have memories like gold fish. The judges would fall under the "not all people"

10th of August 2008 - Thailand's Supreme Court July 29 granted Thaksin and Pojaman permission to travel to Beijing on the stipulation that they returned to Thailand.

That is a shinawatra promise for you right there.

• Like 1

To all of you who wish her request be denied I also hope the next time you try to enter Thailand your request is also denied and see how you feel about it.

Hey Bob, most of us aren't responsible for the financial ruination of a country, or the suicides of 13 people. Have a nice day in Shin land.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the Shinawatras, but see no reason why she should be denied her request. Hope she has a pleasant holiday.

'Living in a cartoon', yes, sure, says it all, sweet dreams bunny rabbit... (what would it have been when you would be a gullible Shins' fan...)

Yingluck clear to leave kingdom: NCPO spokesman

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order has approved former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra's request to leave the kingdom on Sunday for a 20-day trip to Europe, NCPO deputy spokesman Col Winthai Suvari said Thursday.

Winthai said the NCPO saw that Yingluck had never acted in a way that violated or defied the conditions and orders of the NCPO so the NCPO's working committee in charge of considering the request had given her a green light to travel to Europe.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-clear-to-leave-kingdom-NCPO-spokesman-30238712.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-07-17

Bad news. I wonder what the Vegas odds are that she will return at the end of 20 days. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind betting she will return. Oh, well, it will save some court costs but that is a drop in the ocean to the financial damage she did to the country. I am very disappointed in the NCPO; they come off as being either naive or cynical.

I'm sure that yet again she'll be 'too busy' to return at the end of 20 days.

Her brother is still a fugitive and a wanted person, correct?

So if she visits him, wouldn't this be considered as illegal, or somewhat a criminal offence?

You mean like when Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang received his award and the really nice picture for his wall from Thaksin?

I am not familiar with that case.

My post was a general question.

Rephrased;

If a person hooks up with a fugitive in another country, is this person considered as a someone who collaborates with the fugitive?

Damn right you are! The Commonwealth games! When the NCPO let's her, or any of the PTP/UDD 'oils' leave the country, they'd not be half as clever as what I thought they were...
Or even more clever, if they cancel their passports whilst away! whistling.gif

Why would this be clever?

Because she/they would not be able to re-enter Thailand. End of.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was an announcement in a few days stating Montenegro has two new citizens and of course they have been issued passports.

• Like 1

A strategy to try to escape from thailand and join some terrorist movement protect by western country !

your beloved terrorists are in south of thailand and the so powerful thai army is doing nothing

i wish she does not came back and join a government in exile fighting to bring the democracy back in thailand

The only think she's interested in bringing back to Thailand is a Shin kleptocratic dictatorship.

Given her family's history of fraud convictions and her penchant for lying its shows amazing trust to believe she will return.

Wonder if she'll get flu in Paris and be unable to fly on airplanes?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A strategy to try to escape from thailand and join some terrorist movement protect by western country !

your beloved terrorists are in south of thailand and the so powerful thai army is doing nothing

i wish she does not came back and join a government in exile fighting to bring the democracy back in thailand

She,,,, bring it back?

If she brought back what was there before the coup, it would be bring back a dictatorship.

so Obama Merkel and everyone else met a dictator

so the american embassy invited a dictator at the embassy party

yeah......

No of course not............. they only met the dictator's sister. thumbsup.gif

To all of you who wish her request be denied I also hope the next time you try to enter Thailand your request is also denied and see how you feel about it.

Why on earth would you wish that on others, she's facing an enquiry and has allot to answer to the courts, in addition she is a lady of considerable means and there is at least one other family member who has absconded, if we are going to start a new era of doing things for the people ,of the people ,by the people then I would suggest that denial of this request is prudent , innocent until proven guilty I agree but poses a potential fight risk YES INDEEED

Just can't understand why you would wish this situation on others just because they dared to comment in an open forum

• Like 1

Generally associating with people convicted of crime is consorting and in most cases illegal. I hope she enjoys her visit with her brother and invites him to return with her to the government provided room cell.

Bob I did not know people grew RED MANGOES

Your comment is the most ridiculous I have read on here yet.

This is a woman that is presently before the courts on charges that could see her do serious jail time.

She is the sister of a wanted fugitive who did exactly what she is planning to to do.

Her family has already proven that they have no ties to Thailand or their families.

Once she has been cleared of all charges or done her time then fine she can go where she wants.

Until then unlike all the other fugitves from Thai courts that are roaming the world she needs to stay in Thailand

BTW where is the red bull bad boy.

• Like 1

Big error guys, she's not return to Thailand, she'll travel with her son, she will not have other attach in Thailand and she will free to join some terrorist movement

If indeed she does not come back, it will just make the current junta stronger and have more support.

Prayuth was smart to let her travel, if she is dumb enough to stay outside Thailand, that will be the end of the reds.

...that will boost the credibility of the junta in orders of magnitude. LOL

Why will her staying away be the end of the reds? She wasn't exactly a real leader of any kind and certainly not their big strategic thinker.

What if she teams up with brother and they claim to be the "real" government in exile?

Anyone reading the AFP/BBC reports over the months would think both were unjustly removed from elected office by the military. There are never any comments as to why they were removed or any references to them doing anything bad; or any of the real detail.

Letting her go may be seen as preferential to a series of investigations and possible trials when all sort of dirty laundry might be aired in public. But, it may yet backfire. Shins treat promises and vows with contempt - which has been shown time and time again.

We shall see if she comes back, but given the progress in the rice audits I'd suggest it most unlikely she will.

Guess the birthday bash means the clan will all be there so a good opportunity to get scheming and planning their next moves.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

I think this is a good ploy but it needs stages 2 & three to be a success.

Stage 2: Allow Oak, Yaowapa, Somchai and any other political members of the clan leave too.

Stage 3: Ban them all from returning to Thailand.

Mission accomplished - the country can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

wink.pngthumbsup.gifsmile.png

Unfortunately they are all Thai citizens - and are free to return anytime they like.

• Like 1

Psst. They want her to leave as much as she wants to leave. Has to do with opening cans of worms. Contrary to what many think, in this case she does know too much. Good for her, good for friends of NCPO. Not so good for "justice" but that is always last on the list unless poor and friendless.

• Like 2

Stage 2: Allow Oak, Yaowapa, Somchai and any other political members of the clan leave too.

Unfortunately they are all Thai citizens - and are free to return anytime they like.

Same with Thaksin.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, they are Thai citizens and cannot be 'banned' from Thailand.

Bring 'em back and hang 'em high!!cowboy.gif

I'll come back, honest I will cause I want to face the enquiry regarding my role in the rice scam scheme.

NCPO - No way - never let her out of your sight, she is about as honest as her fugitive camel herding brother and we are well aware of the limitations of his honesty.

I don't think she'll come back. Maybe Gen. Prayuth senses this and sees her leaving Thailand as the best thing for the country. I hope this is the case. The last thing Thailand needs now is to have her case wrapped up in the courts. Thailand needs to forget the Shinawatra family and move on, uniting the country and becoming one again.

As long as there is a single Shin in this country, this cancer will continue to gnaw away at Thailand.

Putting Yingluck away for a good few years would have been much better for the country as it sends out a message that not even the PM is above the law.

Well, JCB has a point, a big trial would most probably stir up a lot of unnecessary violence, and perhaps not only verbal. No matter how much 'evidence' (with or without quotation marks) is brought up, the indicted politician(s) will always scream that it's all a big manipulation, and those who want to believe them will not change their minds.

If minds may indeed be changed it can only be by the passing of time, which inevitably changes perspectives, and also by long term action with tangible results. Arguments, no matter how clever and/or true, are always useless. Evidence can be called forgery and witnesses can be called liars. No end to that.

On the other hand, let's not forget that we are dealing here with an immensely rich family, who lost face big time, have undeniable brains and a very efficient team of communication experts working for them. A rather noxious combination. If YL does decide that the climate in Dubai is better for her throat, will the Shin clan just let it go, stop fighting and in effect continue hurting their country ? Of course not. They will endorse the victim's posture ("we had to flee our oh so beloved motherland because we were being hounded by corrupt and partisan judges") and let's not forget that many Western politicians keep claiming, with a straight face, that the Shins were 'democratically elected', so they're likely to get plenty of support.

Edited by Eurojomtien