Memory Upgrade mail-order company

gmac

I've been searching for Apple memory for my iMac and through a thread in the Apple forum this company http://www.memorytoday.com has been mentioned and appears to have what I need. Has anyone used them in the past? I'd appreciate hearing about any experiences anyone has had with them, good or bad. Thanks.

• Like 1

Is this a Thai company? Computer memory is pretty much a fungible commodity product, produced by many companies and sold by numerous retail outlets. This applies to Apple computers same as any other modern computer (but not to their SSD devices). You can buy the memory locally or at any of a number of mail-order shops eg. InvadeIT in Thailand, Newegg in USA etc. There are major differences in memory modules (sticks) re the type, size and speed of the module, and there will be some differences in quality between identically specced modules from different manufacturers eg. Crucial vs. brand X.

Is this a Thai company? Computer memory is pretty much a fungible commodity product, produced by many companies and sold by numerous retail outlets. This applies to Apple computers same as any other modern computer (but not to their SSD devices). You can buy the memory locally or at any of a number of mail-order shops eg. InvadeIT in Thailand, Newegg in USA etc. There are major differences in memory modules (sticks) re the type, size and speed of the module, and there will be some differences in quality between identically specced modules from different manufacturers eg. Crucial vs. brand X.

Yes this is a Thai company, located in Bangkok. I have tried locally in Pattaya, particularly in Tukcom but have been unable to come up with anyone stocking the specific memory I required for an early 2009 iMac.

Memory Type:

204-pin SODIMM DDR3 PC3-8500 1066MHz. (2 x 4GB)

Memorytoday indicate that they may have compatible memory without stating any particular manufacturer.

Edited by gmac

They will even deliver your RAM to you at home or work, great company to deal with.

Thank you, just what I wanted to hear. I'm in Pattaya so they won't physically deliver but EMS with option to return within 14 days if not compatible.

They will even deliver your RAM to you at home or work, great company to deal with.

Thanks again, ordered yesterday, delivered today, excellent service. (MemoryToday, Bangkok)

HI All, Legend Thailand is the authorised Crucial memory distributor for Thailand.

You can buy Crucial memory in Thailand from www.legendthailand.com, tarad.com,

www.lazada.co.th and www.invadeit.co.th. We also stock the Crucial range of SSD's

as well.

Crucial memory is made by Micron the world's 2nd largest memory company and is

also the parent company to Lexar which makes flash memory for camera's, phones,

and flash drives for pc's

post-215975-0-87399800-1406276970_thumb.