Does anyone know where to find Thai movie scripts?

wrevelate

I would like to find a Thai movie script then print it out, read it, and study it so when I watch the movie I can follow along and pick up more.

The DVD subtitles are not what I am looking for becuase constantly pausing the DVD player is awkward.

Thanks!

Assuming the Thai movie actually has subtitles, you can extract them from a DVD and then print them out. It just might be more work than you're willing to do as it's a multi-step process: DVD -> .mkv file -> .idx file -> .srt file. There may be a simpler way, but this is the way I do it. Let me know if you want more details on the software involved.

• Like 1

You are looking for Thai subtitles of Thai movies, and not Thai subtitles of Western movies, right? If you are, let me save you the trouble. There is none (I hope somebody here can prove me wrong). Thai subtitles are only provided if the movie is an Isaan movie. So the dialogue does not correspond to the text orally. Only the meaning.

There are Thai subtitles to Western movies but they may not synch orally with the Thai-dubbed dialogue.

I think the only viable solution is to pay some native Thai to transcribe the Thai movie word for word and share with others. I plan to do that in the near future.

• Like 1

What the original poster wanted was online movie scripts which I don't think exist. As to Thai subtitles for Thai moves, I'm going through Bangkok Traffic Love Story right now which is fully subtitled and the Thai subs match the audio almost perfectly. There are even English subs that I downloaded for the movie which are really good too. It may not be the norm, but there are several Thai movies out there that have Thai subs that follow the audio. Mole posted a list here in this forum a while ago.

• Like 1

What the original poster wanted was online movie scripts which I don't think exist. As to Thai subtitles for Thai moves, I'm going through Bangkok Traffic Love Story right now which is fully subtitled and the Thai subs match the audio almost perfectly. There are even English subs that I downloaded for the movie which are really good too. It may not be the norm, but there are several Thai movies out there that have Thai subs that follow the audio. Mole posted a list here in this forum a while ago.

Available in what forms, like DVD or torrents?

• Like 1

You are looking for Thai subtitles of Thai movies, and not Thai subtitles of Western movies, right? If you are, let me save you the trouble. There is none (I hope somebody here can prove me wrong). Thai subtitles are only provided if the movie is an Isaan movie. So the dialogue does not correspond to the text orally. Only the meaning.

There are Thai subtitles to Western movies but they may not synch orally with the Thai-dubbed dialogue.

I think the only viable solution is to pay some native Thai to transcribe the Thai movie word for word and share with others. I plan to do that in the near future.

It seems to me that what the poster is looking for should not be difficult to find with a few phone calls, or maybe emails.

We all know that there are those who are hearing impaired.

They like to watch movies but cannot hear the audio.

It is reasonable to expect that they read subtitles which are in sync with the film.

So.......

Why not contact some of the orgs that work with the hearing impaired.

No doubt they will help you, and I would like to know myself where these things can be found since they would constitute an excellent language learning tool.

I will post the info if I find it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

i asked my thai friends to help find me some movie scripts. they all recommended me to watch tv lakorns as the scripts are widely available at 7-11 etc.

but to my disappointment, the scripts are not at all closely related to the actual dialogue on the tv episodes.

im still searching...