My Ford Experience so far

Hi There/.

Just an update on my Ford (Phetkasem) dealer experience so far?

After negotiations with my local Ford dealer in Bangkae, we finally decided to purchase a Ford Ecosport last month (see my previous post). They promised me delivery (1 month) and colour of my choice, we placed a deposit on 11th June. They wouldn't give us any discount off the price, but gave us many normal extra's (to many to list, but equated to 15 items i.e 3M film, reversing sensors, etc). They sales staff and manger where friendly and it seemed a pleasant buying experience all together with this dealership (mainly in Thai, little English).

now waiting time: we agreed a 5 week delivery time (yesterday) allowing them time to get the car ready and satisfy the misses for a lucky day to receive the car (yesterday 18th).

I was wondering about all the things I've seen on this forum about sales staff and Ford promises and the problems in past?

Anyway they called us on the 10th to notify us that our car has been delivered to their dealership on time and colour? smile.png - I am happy!

They made their promise and we collected the Ecosport yesterday and everything was up to spec? no problems! clap2.gif

I drove away as a happy customer: so far I am very pleased in my Ecosport after owing a vios for 5 years - seems a lot more get up and go after my vios (same engine power 1.5 litre). (but vios engine technology is over 8 years old). My Toyota experience was less pleasant they could not supply me a car on time or colour, I had to settle for second best (only colour they could get) after much aggravation on many telephone calls, visits later.

I look forward to having many more pleasant driving experiences in my Ford Ecosport driving around Thailand.

Lets see what happens, during maintenance, service times ahead.

just thought I would share some good news with you for a change thumbsup.gif

Here is my baby:

cheers

post-85204-0-50907800-1405755420_thumb.j

Our Ecosport has been perfect in every way in the short 4 months we have had it, and our dealer has been exemplary as well. The dealer even is holding a "tutoring session" tomorrow where all Ecosport owners are invited to the dealer for training on the somewhat complex on board computer system, etc.. They are giving a 1,000 Baht coupon for free fuel too for this. I was a bit unhappy about the fuel mileage, and they said that is a small tweak on some deliveries, and after doing the tweak it should get about 17km/liter city and 20km/ltr highway. I spoke to the mechanic about this for some time. Some owners on the Ecosport thread are already reporting such higher mileage figures. The car is tight, quiet, and rides much better than its price. Still gets lots of comments and especially ladies want one.

Regarding Ford dealers, this is my second Ford in Thailand, I bought an Everest new in 2004 from the Phuket dealer. I had absolutely no issues or problems whatsoever in 4 years of ownership, and never had any complaints with service in both Phuket and Bangkok.

However, there are a few legitimate complaints from Ford owners on this forum (mostly concerning service), and you should read those BUT pointedly ignore the one blabber mouth who constantly on every thread spouts how bad Ford is. I think he got rejected in the back seat of a 57 Fairlane. laugh.png

Speak of the devil! This guy complains about Fords on the "My girlfriend left me for a Siberian Husky" Thread. laugh.png

*And, he hasn't owned a Ford since about 1971. I think I remember he said it was a Pinto.

Edited by keemapoot

12 Range Turbos, firsts 2 tubo exploded in a week, wrecked the Engines, admittedly Ford fixed them Dam Quick, but i recon thats only because they were purchased by an American Company with Power.All the Sevice Trucks then went back to Toyota after 6 months with Ford. Give over, im a Ford Fan, but here, take a chance.Never see many Fleet Ford Sales here, except to the Rental Firm they own.Let hope the ECO gets there rightful status back over here.

Our Ecosport has been perfect in every way in the short 4 months we have had it, and our dealer has been exemplary as well. The dealer even is holding a "tutoring session" tomorrow where all Ecosport owners are invited to the dealer for training on the somewhat complex on board computer system, etc.. They are giving a 1,000 Baht coupon for free fuel too for this. I was a bit unhappy about the fuel mileage, and they said that is a small tweak on some deliveries, and after doing the tweak it should get about 17km/liter city and 20km/ltr highway. I spoke to the mechanic about this for some time. Some owners on the Ecosport thread are already reporting such higher mileage figures. The car is tight, quiet, and rides much better than its price. Still gets lots of comments and especially ladies want one.

Regarding Ford dealers, this is my second Ford in Thailand, I bought an Everest new in 2004 from the Phuket dealer. I had absolutely no issues or problems whatsoever in 4 years of ownership, and never had any complaints with service in both Phuket and Bangkok.

However, there are a few legitimate complaints from Ford owners on this forum (mostly concerning service), and you should read those BUT pointedly ignore the one blabber mouth who constantly on every thread spouts how bad Ford is. I think he got rejected in the back seat of a 57 Fairlane. laugh.png

Thanks Keemapoot/.

For info - I'll check with my Ford dealer about tweak (has mine been done), Yes attracting a lot of attention in soi already from locals (and the ladies) - my neighbours are impressed with level of things for a small SUC LED lights on when you (open doors) and also pull the high beam level to steering wheel and the main lights come on (great for lighting up gates on drive way) also sync'th, stereo quality, LED door still scuffs, etc. It's got more spec (nearly) than his BMW. Also I am so impressed with the leather seats (glad I up graded) really smart colour/red stitching, etc

Yes computer - seems like I need more training on display - shows P/PD off or something and shows different than online manual. I'll need to spend a lot more time getting to know things over the next few weeks?

cheers

Thanks Keemapoot/.

For info - I'll check with my Ford dealer about tweak (has mine been done), Yes attracting a lot of attention in soi already from locals (and the ladies) - my neighbours are impressed with level of things for a small SUC LED lights on when you (open doors) and also pull the high beam level to steering wheel and the main lights come on (great for lighting up gates on drive way) also sync'th, stereo quality, LED door still scuffs, etc. It's got more spec (nearly) than his BMW. Also I am so impressed with the leather seats (glad I up graded) really smart colour/red stitching, etc

Yes computer - seems like I need more training on display - shows P/PD off or something and shows different than online manual. I'll need to spend a lot more time getting to know things over the next few weeks?

cheers

I'm pretty impressed with the level of technology in this little non premium brand SUV, the Sync, smartphone integration, etc.. However, there are lots of little things that you can never figure out unless someone at the dealer shows you. I have the owners manual in English too, and it doesn't cover the tech side. For example, leaving the car in neutral (for double parking in car parks) and being able to remote lock the car is absolutely simple and easier than any other car I've seen, but impossible to figure out. You have to press on the brake first, etc.. Mostly, if your Thai partner or family is driving this (as my case), then all the synch and tech is in English only, and for sure the Thais need that tutor session the dealer is offering. Not sure if all dealers are doing it, but I suspect they are.

Some things are funny, such as if you forget and keep the keyless remote in your pocket and leave the car too far, it will warn the occupant (both with a warning bell and written warning on the screen) that the remote key has left the area. I drove it to get a haircut, turned the car over to a family member, but forgot I had the remote, and 30 seconds later while in the salon I got a tap on the back "Hey you forgot to leave the key!" The car was still running outside.

Happy driving.

Edited by keemapoot

Nice to see plenty of people choosing a car because it's the best rather than on what Somchai will pay for it second-hand.

Enjoy and smile every time you realise you're not in a Dullota.

If only the Ecosport was available with a 1.8 or 2 litre motor. I think it would be struggling with 2 adults and luggage (aircon on) going up to Khao Yai.

I've been to Khao Yai and no problem, but it was only two adults and luggage equivalent. The Ecosport has the sport mode on the gearshift for mountain travel, so you can run through all six gears if need be on inclines. But, you are right, if fully laden, that car is not meant to be a cross country family SUV with dogs, tents and camping stoves. smile.png

• 1 year later...

I have an offer to buy Ecosport Titanium, 24k KM on odo, driven for 18 months, very good condition for 570k. Is it a good buy?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

ya at 24k km you're paying about 20k~ baht more than those with 100k+ on the odo.

Good deal and resale wise you wont lose much as its already lost most of its depreciation.

I have an offer to buy Ecosport Titanium, 24k KM on odo, driven for 18 months, very good condition for 570k. Is it a good buy?

Hi There/. seems ok price (check one-2-one car selling) around 599k for a 2014 model - depends on how it's being treated.

(Thai owner or Farang) has all servicing been done? should have had 18 months service by now? Private sale/tent, maybe u can negotiate a lower price?

Still very happy with my Ecosport so far - great service to from my local Ford Dealer! - plus wax/polish/clean everywhere every 3 months for only 400 baht!

Just been to Ubon back- 600 plus k and ran great there and back - for a medium size SUV.

I have had mine now for 20 Months and see no reason to change again yet? (only done 8,000 k now)

best of luck?

Hi There/. seems ok price (check one-2-one car selling) around 599k for a 2014 model - depends on how it's being treated.

(Thai owner or Farang) has all servicing been done? should have had 18 months service by now? Private sale/tent, maybe u can negotiate a lower price?

Still very happy with my Ecosport so far - great service to from my local Ford Dealer! - plus wax/polish/clean everywhere every 3 months for only 400 baht!

Just been to Ubon back- 600 plus k and ran great there and back - for a medium size SUV.

I have had mine now for 20 Months and see no reason to change again yet? (only done 8,000 k now)

best of luck?

Thanks for your input...yah..the car i am talking about is Farang owned, servicing done @ Ford when odo was 15k. Very well taken care off i would say.

Yup, our Ecosport Titanium is still around, and doing great. We don't use it too much because we have other vehicles, but everything is great except for the not so great acceleration, the sometimes clunky auto gearbox, and the cheapish plastic interior. The leather seats, sunroof, & other features are good though on the Titanium, and somewhat compensate for the plastics used.

That car has been eclipsed now by other small SUVs that are more updated, but for what it is, and at that price sounds like a good deal.