Thailand faces flooding in many areas

webfact

but, , , , , our late lamented Prime Minister assured us that there would be no more flooding.

How could such an honest, intelligent and widely respected politician have got it wrong ?

Maybe she was mis-reported, cannot think of any other reason. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Yingluck Crabby promised no flooding this year. Another culpable irresponsibility. Dam(n) her!

Why the politics?

"BANGKOK, 23 June 2014 (NNT) – The Meteorological Department said that Thailand is unlikely to face another major flood this year, as less rains are expected compared to last year. ... the weather bureau said the overall volume of rainfall will not be as high as that of last year, as most of the rainwater has already been accumulated in the southern and western regions."

The NCPO originally halted all Yingluck's flood control projects but reinstated all the previous administration's flood control projects in process. Unfunded planned projects delayed by the interim government lack of funding are under review by the Junta that doesn't seem to have added any alternative or new projects of its own. So where should the credit go? Hopefully the flooding this year will not be as horrific as in 2011 so that these funded projects can get to completion before severe flooding can take property and human tolls. This is not about who gets credit but about how the nation's security is assured.

From what I read late last year, the PDP was only spending flood control monies to rebuild what was destroyed by the 2011 floods. It was stressed this was according to what had been approved. Hence, I do wonder what projects actually relating to flood control the PDP had started, if any.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well i can assure you viewers That i was on the beach all afternoon today ( as one does in Thailand ) enjoying the " outside lifestyle " and " basking in the sunshine " and not a cloud in the sky! ( Pattaya )

farang jaidee " joop joop " xwub.png

Judging from the photo in the OP, it looks like the reservoirs are in the wrong place.

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Edit: As long as they are all outside of BKK all is ok. wink.png Alledgedly.bah.gif

The catchment is in the wrong place not the storage, just saying

This is one of the engines that will drive some of New Orleans drainage pumps.

largest-water-pump-2.jpg

Now there has clearly been a decision made in which someone went all hitler and said, I want a huge building the one solution to the problem, cause I would hate to be responsible for this more than a datacentre.

I don't want mobile v2 launchers i want a huge building in a mountain....... fail

Far more appropriate would be a headline that stated ADMINISTRATION WARNING, Owing to the inept and incapable nature of Government you are going to get flooded yet again and again and again because they had done nothing about this problem. If anything they have made it worse.

Not a viable solution because it would take months to fill the reservoirs with a fleet of trucks Ever try filling a swimming pool with a gall on bucket???

They should use trucks similar to the ones that they use for septic tank removals to suck up excess water and then drive to the reservoirs to empty. Very simple...........maybe just alittle too simple for logic here in Thailand.

That's like suggesting emptying a swimming pool with a bucket. Too much water compared to the capacity of the trucks.

Long term draining solutions is needed, but we all know that.

They should use trucks similar to the ones that they use for septic tank removals to suck up excess water and then drive to the reservoirs to empty. Very simple...........maybe just alittle too simple for logic here in Thailand.

Please tell me how many trucks do you think it would take

An average tanker trailer holds approximately 34,000 liters whistling.gif

Now come on folks, the culverts were constructed and the containment points designated concerning flood relief.

However the ''planning department '' in its infinite wisdom got the plan wrong,although they were under the impression that the culverts were channels designed to move water into containment areas.

However in Shinwatra reality those channels were actually designed to ship the flow of monies into the containment areas known as politicians pockets.

That flow of money was also channeled to Dubai to assist in fending off the effects of a financial drought to a the foreign resident there.whistling.gif

You want to hole Ying Luk responsible for flooding? Amazing

Yingluck Crabby promised no flooding this year. Another culpable irresponsibility. Dam(n) her!

Warning of floods, yes.

One would think the easiest and least costly part of the whole government approved flood control plan would be to complete the first part for Zone 1, that being the promised frequent surveillance of the origins of all rivers with residents being alerted when flooding is imminent. This was in 2012. How many residents were warned of imminent flooding to their areas?

I guess rebuilding, with all those lucrative contracts, took precedent.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You want to hole Ying Luk responsible for flooding? Amazing

a certain K. Canute comes to mind....... it wasn't the king who was stupid, it was his court.

I think some people need to acquaint themselves with such terms as catchment area, average rainfall, and water storage and distribution and irrigation.

it would also help if they thought about who uses water in Thailand and in what percentages of the national total.

Edited by wilcopops

Does this reporter not have internet it went nowhere near Thailand, or is he just trying to get on the typhoon bandwagon,,, Shame as many have died in the past 10 days from the typhoons..

Maybe I am just daft but it seems to me they would need a hell of a lot of bloody big trucks to do what you suggest.

Perhaps a bunch of boats could load the water up from one end and float em up to the other end and dump the water...

huh?